oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

If you were to sell Traore now, how much would you want for him?

I've just seen a tweet saying £40m...plus £5m for a Spain appearance, £2.5m after 50 appearances and 15% sell on clause....

£25m as a base fee then plenty of add ons for first cap, a CL appearance (dependent on club we're selling to), 50/100 appearances and probably a sell on clause.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you were to sell Traore now, how much would you want for him?

I've just seen a tweet saying £40m...plus £5m for a Spain appearance, £2.5m after 50 appearances and 15% sell on clause....

I'd drive him there for that, I'll be surprised if we got more than 25m for him to be honest.

£40m for a player in Alan Hutton's pocket is pushing it I think... Traore is good at this level but not even the best winger in the league and a club would largely be paying for his potential as opposed to consistently proven quality... so I would say £25m would be a great return for us if we can squeeze someone that high. Could buy two really good players for that if we're clever with it. Would rather he stays though.

Can't disagree with any of those responses, although i think we'd be very lucky to get any club to agree to as many add on clauses as Will suggested.

Not saying this is an option, but would you take £20m all in, but with a season back on loan?

Not saying this is an option, but would you take £20m all in, but with a season back on loan?

Yep, the season back on loan could be invaluable to us.

I actually think £20M all in is about as much as we'll get. (So a season on loan would be a bonus).

Traore is exciting to watch, his pace is amazing, and some of his dribbling is brilliant.

However, IMO, although much improved the end product is still missing as often as not, and apart from his purple patch at the start of this year he seemed to revert back to the slightly more headless version in those final two play off matches.

Can’t see more than 25 mil everything included and that’s pushing it. He’s been good for 5 months and has great potential but we’re still a championship club.

I suppose it's more what he's worth to our team, he gives us something that very few players in world football can. Virtually a one man attack however; Matt Ritchie cost Newcastle about 12m two seasons ago, if we could get a left AND a right winger of that sort of quality for the same price as Traore it would be more useful for us as a team.

Although I love watching him play it does seem one dimensional that our entire attack is based around giving him the ball... but if we have more creative midfield options around him we might not need to be so reliant on him, I'd do everything we can to keep him myself, even if we got him loaned back to us for the season as some have suggested.

If the decision was made that we only had to sell one of Gibson or traore to obtain enough funds to improve the team, which would you choose?

I'm a little torn as Gibson is obviously a loyal, premier league quality defender from boro and could stay here his whole career if we get promoted, but fry is waiting in the wings and looks ready to me. He would certainly be easier to replace in the team than traore, though his influence cannot be understated either.

Traore is a very unique talent and there's no way we can replace him likefor like. If we kept him, got balance on the left wing and a more creative centre player we would be scary going forward.

In short I think I'd prefer to keep traore overall

Gibbo's been just alright this season, Traore has been unplayable at times I'd definitely go with keeping Traore. But neither against their will, if their hearts not in it...

Traore only has two seasons left on his contract and don’t he will extend that contract unless we go up so it’s a bit of a gamble to keep him beyond this summer. It would be nice to have him stay and supplement with another creative winger and AM taking some pressure off him but if we need funds selling him could see get stronger in attack with 3 decent players instead of just him. I suppose a lot will come down to the interest shown in him. We might not get any interest if other teams see his limitations.