oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

With rumours regarding Joe Bryan, Aden Flint coming in and Ben Gibson looking committed in austria could we potentially be considering moving to a 5 at the back formation?

———————— Randolph ————————

————Ayala———Flint———Gibson———

New signing————————————Bryan

———————Clayton—McNair——————

—————————Traore————————

————Assombalonga—Bamford—————

Not sure if that would best utilise Traore’s attributes but if he was given a free role to roam out to either wing then it could potentially work. Although again I’m not sure Traore has the intelligence to play that role properly.

I could deal with that, wouldn't mind a more attack minded player alongside McNair like. There's always the option he would use Bryan as a left winger a bit like what Brady ended up doing at Burnley.

Or you could make it a 3-4-3 formation and play Paddy and Traore either side of Britt and someone like Besic along side McNair

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe Bristol City are just cashing in on the hype surrounding some of their players after finally having a season that wasn't garbage even if it wasn't actually that good really?

They seem to have an awful lot of fantastic players for a team who finished 11th, 17th, 18th in the previous three seasons of Championship football and were in League 1 before that.

Crap teams can have excellent players but still be crap, you know.

Maybe Bristol City are just cashing in on the hype surrounding some of their players after finally having a season that wasn't garbage even if it wasn't actually that good really?

They seem to have an awful lot of fantastic players for a team who finished 11th, 17th, 18th in the previous three seasons of Championship football and were in League 1 before that.

I know but they seem to have a lot of excellent players for a team that haven't been particularly good.

With rumours regarding Joe Bryan, Aden Flint coming in and Ben Gibson looking committed in austria could we potentially be considering moving to a 5 at the back formation?

———————— Randolph ————————

————Ayala———Flint———Gibson———

New signing————————————Bryan

———————Clayton—McNair——————

—————————Traore————————

————Assombalonga—Bamford—————

Not sure if that would best utilise Traore’s attributes but if he was given a free role to roam out to either wing then it could potentially work. Although again I’m not sure Traore has the intelligence to play that role properly.

I could deal with that, wouldn't mind a more attack minded player alongside McNair like. There's always the option he would use Bryan as a left winger a bit like what Brady ended up doing at Burnley.

Or you could make it a 3-4-3 formation and play Paddy and Traore either side of Britt and someone like Besic along side McNair

I'd personally play Adama and bamford as a front 2 and use Adama as a false 9, let him drop deep and come inside from the right as he does anyway. The intelligence can come from a #10, bamford and McNair, if you did use Clayton and McNair and keep the cm pair more defensive that would allow Bryan more freedom to get up the pitch.

We would get away with keeping shotton in there just to cover for traore but ideally we'd get someone better on the ball.

Aye that would be a shocker unless traore has a clone that can play LW.

Interesting that Byram still hasn't gone to forest, get in there and hijack it.

I know but they seem to have a lot of excellent players for a team that haven't been particularly good.

I don't know about Pack and despite his great first half of the season, I'm still not sure about Reid who just went to Cardiff (and I have no doubt they've made the most of his season with that transfer fee). I'm not convinced from what I've seen of either of them that they can make the step up, though Cardiff certainly seem to be given they threw £10m at City for him.

Joe Bryan though I think is a really good talent who, with the chance, could prove himself to be a very good player with better players around him. I am not surprised at all that Bryan has (if the rumours are to be believed) found himself on Premier League radars.

"Understand that a #BristolCity player is close to completing a move to another Championship club. Bit of a surprise this. Talks ongoing but should be wrapped up over the weekend. Full details to come once it’s done."

@GeeMacGee on Twitter (Sport journalist for Bristol Live)

Joe Bryan to Boro?  Would tie in with what Diggerlad07 said

Actually feel really bad for Bristol getting their entire squad ripped apart, but would love it if we got Bryan!

I dont feel sorry for Bristol city,I traveled up From Plymouth,Its the only Place ive been made uncomfortable. Mind you I was in The Robins pub

Reckon we might end up keeping Braithwaite, he wasn't really happy with the way Pulis was playing him in the 4-2-3-1 but think he could do well in the 4-3-3 as a Left Forward in a Pulis system?

Not sure how much we could recoup on him if we choose to sell...

Reckon we might end up keeping Braithwaite, he wasn't really happy with the way Pulis was playing him in the 4-2-3-1 but think he could do well in the 4-3-3 as a Left Forward in a Pulis system?

Not sure how much we could recoup on him if we choose to sell...

Do you think Pulis will want to keep him, he seemed pretty dissapointed the way he left.

Just seems best for all parties that he leaves. No point trying to shoehorn him into a team that doesn't play the way that gets the best out of him. Potentially one of the top players in this division but only playing the way he prefers to play.

I understand why he left to be fair. Pulis also likes dedicated wingers not inside forwards so not sure how likely it would be, still like the lad and think he's talented though.

I understand why he left to be fair. Pulis also likes dedicated wingers not inside forwards so not sure how likely it would be, still like the lad and think he's talented though.

I think he likes dedicated players first and foremost.