oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Said it before, they'd be doing this to try and make him want to stay as that is ultimately the only reason he will. If he decides based on interest that he wants to go, things will change almost instantly in my opinion.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HITC is one of the most unreliable sites around. I wouldn’t trust anything they say until it’s confirmed somewhere else. But players and managers have minor incidents every day at every club. It’s part of being a competitive sport. It’s high intensity and they give their all (I hope) so it’s easy to get a bit heated. As grown men and professionals they should use it constructively. At least neither is just going through the motions but instead putting their hearts into it.

Pretty sure he's the same fella who first got wind that the Flint deal was going to happen.

That was Sky Sports Keith wasn't it?

Anyway, as Borodane says, if it is true, these things do happen, and it could be the making of him at Boro.

Having said that, if Pulis is signing a striker, one will leave, and I kind of expect that to be Britt anyway.

Wouldn't even be fussed if Assombalonga left.

He's a good striker, But he misses too many chances for me and doesn't seem to fit the Pulis mould.

Play him in a two or not at all in my opinion.

The Sun is saying that Stoke har offered Ritchie 75k a week! That's a lot of money in this division and I'm happy that we are seemingly not willing to match that.

The Sun is saying that Stoke har offered Ritchie 75k a week! That's a lot of money in this division and I'm happy that we are seemingly not willing to match that.

That would be a big risk for Stoke, but they're guaranteed 3 years of parachute payments and Ritchie would probably be the best player in the division.

I couldn't agree more BD/Tom. Even if true, the ***-stirring nature of the media wants to make a mountain out of a molehill in these situations. I'm not sat here expecting anything to happen on Britt's front on the basis of a news article depicting a clash of words between two men in their jobs. Just saying that I thought the source was the first to report the Flint deal as pretty official but I might be wrong.

EDIT - Indeed I am. Just checked Twitter, Keith reported it half an hour before.

I'm sure this happens all the time. From watching the social media, Britt (and Randolph) has been hating the 5:30am starts etc. so he's probably had a moment.

I wouldn't worry.

Regarding Ritchie I saw an interesting post on FMTTM regarding the numbers bandied around in the media. Put's into perspective just how big a commitment it would be:

"Very good player, but is £80k per week really a Championship salary?

That is around 50% of our annual gate receipts, to put that in perspective.

£15m fee amortised over a 4 year contract, takes up the other 50% of our gate per season."

For what it's worth too, Britt is still involved in the training sessions with everyone else this morning. I suspect he will play a part in the game this evening and whatever it was will be shrugged off.

That would be a big risk for Stoke, but they're guaranteed 3 years of parachute payments and Ritchie would probably be the best player in the division.

I'm fairly certain you only get two payments now one the summer you go down and one the following summer should you not go straight back up

Regarding Ritchie I saw an interesting post on FMTTM regarding the numbers bandied around in the media. Put's into perspective just how big a commitment it would be:

"Very good player, but is £80k per week really a Championship salary?

That is around 50% of our annual gate receipts, to put that in perspective.

£15m fee amortised over a 4 year contract, takes up the other 50% of our gate per season."

Starting to think it's just his agent trying to get him a better contract at Newcastle United. Seen it all before.