oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I can't believe Braithwaite would be digging his heals in about leaving. He clearly doesn't want to be here.

Yeah, but he'll be earning more here than he would be in Ligue 1, so he will be happy to stick around for that if nothing else.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such a slow week, thought things may of began to heat up this week with them being back at Rockliffe. It’s got to the stage where some bloke on Twitter is claiming we’re about to pull of a ‘Ravanelli” level signing.

It's the Afro Carribean from the medical centre. All complications have now been ironed out and he will finally be signing after the longest drawn out transfer saga of all time.

Would be a great love story that Twilight. Did we ever find out who the mystery Afro Carribean was? Moses I think people were guessing.

It was Moses wasn’t it?? Pretty sure the club had offered him the flat that Bamford had in Yarm as his accommodation.. was under the impression it would of happened as a loan had there not been prem interest.

I can't believe Braithwaite would be digging his heals in about leaving. He clearly doesn't want to be here.

Yeah, but he'll be earning more here than he would be in Ligue 1, so he will be happy to stick around for that if nothing else.

Easily be on 40K I would imagine

He can't be that happy, he disappeared after a few months.  I wonder how much we are paying all of these if they are reluctant to move because of money?

Such a slow week, thought things may of began to heat up this week with them being back at Rockliffe. It’s got to the stage where some bloke on Twitter is claiming we’re about to pull of a ‘Ravanelli” level signing.

Let me guess 'Mr Middlesbrough'?

He can't be that happy, he disappeared after a few months.  I wonder how much we are paying all of these if they are reluctant to move because of money?

He was probably willing to forgo some wages for a crack at the Danish World Cup squad though. But now that he has no immediate need to play 90 minutes every week, he can just take his time and earn as much as he can here while he waits for the best offer from elsewhere.

Ligue 1, aside from the top 2 or 3 sides isn't a particularly affluent league, so even a low/middling Championship wage is probably competitive to what they earn there.

Going by his comments in the danish press I doubt it’s about money. He has made it quite clear that he doesn’t expect to return and I don’t think he will stick around just for the money. However if he stays he still has more to offer than Fabio, Johnson, Leadbitter and fletcher. I’ll happily see those leave before him.

He was probably willing to forgo some wages for a crack at the Danish World Cup squad though. But now that he has no immediate need to play 90 minutes every week, he can just take his time and earn as much as he can here while he waits for the best offer from elsewhere.

Ligue 1, aside from the top 2 or 3 sides isn't a particularly affluent league, so even a low/middling Championship wage is probably competitive to what they earn there.

It was more the idea that it would be a difficult one for him to spin.  I joined you for a few months, then I left for a few months and now I'm back and totally dedicated?  Add the comments about the manager etc and I just don't see how he stays.

Some guy on twitter reckons we're close to a #10 but it 'won't impress the fans'.

Gonna be Morrison isn't it.

Tbh some our fans would complain if it was Messi due to not performing at the world cup.

Think it could be dack like, could imagine our fans thinking he's rubbish cos he's only played in league 1.

It was more the idea that it would be a difficult one for him to spin.  I joined you for a few months, then I left for a few months and now I'm back and totally dedicated?  Add the comments about the manager etc and I just don't see how he stays.

Ah, I think we were on two different wavelengths.

Yeah you're right, it would be hard for him to have any kind of career here now.

I don't see how Braithwaite stays either but I don't see him jumping to leave with still a month to go.

And does our transfer window leave him stranded when it closes? Or does it come down to other transfer windows abroad? Basically, does he have to leave within a month or can he hold us to ransom over paying part of his wages for longer and force our hand (i.e. if we need to sell him to buy). Would we really still consider keeping him on board beyond our window closing just because he's not playing ball until after too?

I think it's fair what Tom's saying, he doesn't need to move on quickly the way he did in January because the World Cup is over. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to hang around but what do I know about footballers and how they value salary vs. different opportunities to play football. If he's on a really hefty wage, I think he's got a position of strength over us in any negotiation that involves the buying club not wanting to match his wages and it will really come down to who blinks first. Either we get rid and take a hit for a year or 2 or he worries his preferred club/s will look elsewhere and accepts whatever we offer.