oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

So he's not training with the squad yet we're still paying his contract?

He probably was given a few weeks off because of his involvement in the World Cup

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah, most of the players will have had about 5 weeks off, whereas he would have joined up with Denmark as soon as the domestic season finished, so he'd probably be due a little more time off. I'd expect he'd join up with the squad after Germany.

Denmarks last involvement was over 2 weeks ago, i'd of thought he'd be back in the fold by now

You could be right but I thought they usually get 3-4 weeks off after a tournament

Didn't he moan about pulis asking him to play wide left and have to defend then played exactly the same role for Denmark?

Yeah although he did manage to touch the ball in a Boro shirt.

Didn't he moan about pulis asking him to play wide left and have to defend then played exactly the same role for Denmark?

Yes. But if it’s your only chance of playing for your country you do it. When he was bought by us Monk made certain promises and one of them was that he would be playing as a forward. That was very important for him because he is quite clear on that being his best position and where he is most effective. If he can’t play in that position he would rather find another club as he doesn’t feel he can offer enough playing as a winger with defensive duties. If he can’t find another club I’m sure he will be back and give 100%.

TeamTalk saying we're offering Britt as part of a deal to sign Matt Phillips.

Same article also links us with Birkir Bjarnason from Villa.

Yes. But if it’s your only chance of playing for your country you do it. When he was bought by us Monk made certain promises and one of them was that he would be playing as a forward. That was very important for him because he is quite clear on that being his best position and where he is most effective. If he can’t play in that position he would rather find another club as he doesn’t feel he can offer enough playing as a winger with defensive duties. If he can’t find another club I’m sure he will be back and give 100%.

If your manager wants you to play in a different role to the one you prefer for the good of the team, you do what you’re told and give 100% in that role. During my very mediocre footballing career I always preferred to play as a striker but quite often my manager would have stuck me out on the left wing. I didn’t enjoy playing there as much and thought I offered more to the team playing up front, but I give it everything I could. And I wasn’t being paid. Martin needs to suck it up and do what the manager of the football club that is paying him a small fortune is asking him to do. End of.

If your manager wants you to play in a different role to the one you prefer for the good of the team, you do what you’re told and give 100% in that role. During my very mediocre footballing career I always preferred to play as a striker but quite often my manager would have stuck me out on the left wing. I didn’t enjoy playing there as much and thought I offered more to the team playing up front, but I give it everything I could. And I wasn’t being paid. Martin needs to suck it up and do what the manager of the football club that is paying him a small fortune is asking him to do. End of.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will give 100% and play where Pulis wants him to play but if both manager and player can see that he doesn’t fit into the plans/tactics of the new manager then for the good of the club it’s best to find a solution. But if he is here when the window shuts he will give everything he can.

I suppose it depends how much we're offering on top of Britt. If we got quoted 15m for Phillips, surely it will only be 2/3m plus Britt considering we paid 15 for him (probably the amount we over paid). Also, it depends how comfortable we are giving a potential promotion rival a striker who we all know can score goals in this league.