oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Vokes and Phillips for Britt and Braihwaite would make us stronger. But only because Pulis is the manager because I would much rather have our two current players. If that makes sense.

Reading some of the reports about the swap deal it could sound like WBA are quite interested in Britt so maybe we could even squeeze out some money plus Phillips.

It does make sense and I completely agree

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vokes and Phillips for Britt and Braihwaite would make us stronger. But only because Pulis is the manager because I would much rather have our two current players. If that makes sense.

Reading some of the reports about the swap deal it could sound like WBA are quite interested in Britt so maybe we could even squeeze out some money plus Phillips.

I think Vokes is probably a better player all round, but is definitely a lot better for Pulis. Phillips is a quality winger at this level and takes oppositions sole attention away from Adama. Never saw anything concrete from Braithwaite to suggest he’d pull up any trees in this league so not bothered about him leaving.

Why on earth are we planning on bringing in more midfielders?? Winger is what we need not central midfielders...

Howson, Clayton, Leadbitter, McNair (can play there), Downing, De Sart.

I would like us for go for Besic if we do intend to get another midfielder..

for the rest of the team I would be happy to keep - maybe another keeper as Dimi is now getting old...

Buying a midfielder doesn't mean we aren't looking at wingers. And IMO none of Leadbitter, Downing or De Sart are up-to to playing a starting role in a promotion push.

I think we expected to see more movement outwards (Gibson, Braithwaite, Adama) and none of that's happened, so we're frozen and might have to resort to giving Britt away for Phillips to get things moving.

I'd take a straight swap, Phillips for Assombalonga.

A quality left winger will mean the difference between aiming for top two and scrapping for top 6, I'm sure of it.

Assombalonga may be 'worth' more than Phillips, but who is going to value Assombalonga at £15M other than us? Plus, Phillips is worth more to us as a team than Assombalonga. Bamford proved he can do just as good a job, if not better.

The issue with swap deals is agents. Agents want all kinds of payments relating to the transfer fee. The deal would have to be worked in a more sophisticated way than a swap. It could take an age to negotiate with two sets of clubs/players/agents involved.

If we did get Phillips, I'd be massively excited for the season ahead.

bet ffp has a lot to do with swap deals. A nice £15m on the income side and £5m down payment on the out going side will let accountants do a bit of sugar coating.

bet ffp has a lot to do with swap deals. A nice £15m on the income side and £5m down payment on the out going side will let accountants do a bit of sugar coating.

That £5m down payment would also be amortised over the length of the contract, so probably only £1m per year to the accounts.

See Derby have loaned Harry Wilson. Could be a very good loan for them if he can continue his form from last season.

Also gonna get mason mout aswell

Meh. Another young player that’s done well in Holland. Not really a sign of anything.

3 weeks tomorrow will see the buying window close at 17:00 BST championship clubs can still sell and loan players in until August 31st

Can you get loan players in? Also domestic? I thought all incomings had to be done.

3 weeks tomorrow will see the buying window close at 17:00 BST championship clubs can still sell and loan players in until August 31st

Can you get loan players in? Also domestic? I thought all incomings had to be done.

I read somewhere that EFL clubs would be allowed to sign players on loan or loan with a view to permanent right up until August 31st. Can't help but feel bringing the window forward is the wrong decision. A lot of clubs still have a lot of transfer business to do yet; could be a manic last few weeks of the window.

Will put English buying clubs under pressure, say we were after Besic and put in a fairly low offer because they're looking to offload and it's close to the windows end. Everton could hold off trying to get a better deal abroad...

Could also see a team like Chelsea in the muck if they're forced to sell Courtois/Hazard after the window closes without being able to get a replacement. Is it just English clubs that have agreed to this change?