• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 weeks tomorrow will see the buying window close at 17:00 BST championship clubs can still sell and loan players in until August 31st

Can you get loan players in? Also domestic? I thought all incomings had to be done.

Yes

The loan window away from the PL is open until the Fifa deadline of the 31st so you could get a player on loan from a prem club

Raf have you got any snippets regarding outgoings? Incomings?

No still working on previous names.  all clubs finding it difficult with ridiculous prices being quoted clubs valuing there players extremely high including us. A complete standstill at moment football has gone mad.

Who the hell agreed to have our transfer window close early...imagine we get to the close and we have the squad Tony want and a week later a big club offer silly money for traore and he demands to go. We then have a hugely weakened squad and it won’t do us one bit of good sat on the transfer money

In that case I think Gibson will tell them to get stuffed. If the club think Traore may leave they will get a replacement in. If he goes we can also sign loan players upto end of August. So it’s not that bad.

In the end the club have to plan as best they can with what they know. Transfers very rarely happen out of the blue - interest is well known.

We will have a squad to challenge for the league I’m sure. We are desperate for some pace on the left. I’d be happy if that was the only incoming if we keep Traore, Bamford, Britt.

At the back of Gibson goes we have Flint. Worried about Ayala’s injury - he’s effectively missed the whole of pre-season.

In that case I think Gibson will tell them to get stuffed. If the club think Traore may leave they will get a replacement in. If he goes we can also sign loan players upto end of August. So it’s not that bad.

In the end the club have to plan as best they can with what they know. Transfers very rarely happen out of the blue - interest is well known.

We will have a squad to challenge for the league I’m sure. We are desperate for some pace on the left. I’d be happy if that was the only incoming if we keep Traore, Bamford, Britt.

At the back of Gibson goes we have Flint. Worried about Ayala’s injury - he’s effectively missed the whole of pre-season.

May be that's the real reason we brought Flint in.

What's the point of closing the transfer window early if the loan window remains open? I had no idea that was the case, that's pathetic. Any deal can be a loan under the pretence of permanent at the end (Rhodes to Wednesday from us just 18 months ago case in point close to home, Mbappe to PSG another one). If that's still an available route, that will surely just increase the amount of those loan-to-permanent deals and the window will remain active until September still. How utterly pointless.

I think a lot of people are maybe expecting a massive overhaul, perhaps because the last few summers have seen such things happen.

I think we have 8 or 9 of our first teamers in place, to be honest. Here's what I expect to see:

Phillips/LW - Almost definitely.

Besic - If we can get him

Morrison - If we can't.

Striker - If we can sell Britt

LB - If Pulis decides Johnson isn't suitable backup

RB - If Pulis decides Fry isn't suitable backup

GK - If Pulis decides Dimi/Ripley aren't suitable backup

So there are 6 positions there, but I think only Phillips (or other LW), Besic/Morrison and the possible striker would be signed as first teamers.

I personally hope any LB signed is brought in as first choice, but I don't see it.

Brentford have accepted a bid/offer for Josefzoon  ,from an un-named championship club. 

not necessarily us but he is a winger (not sure which side).

This is Leeds

Not according to one of the Leeds journo’s on twitter