oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Brentford have accepted a bid/offer for Josefzoon  ,from an un-named championship club. 

not necessarily us but he is a winger (not sure which side).

This is Leeds

Not according to one of the Leeds journo’s on twitter

I know derby, leeds and bristol city were sniffing around and all had put offers in i believe derbys was rejected earlier in week. leeds had gone back in that was last i heard from the leeds end might not of been accepted but they definitely went back in for him.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is likely that with the permanent window closing 3 weeks tomorrow, that the loan window up until 310818 for loans with a view to being made permanent, will make a  lot of clubs desperate to move players on and as a result prices will plummet.

I thought that the idea was that English Clubs would have there squads settled for the first game, Premiership teams will be unable to sign anyone so all eligible players outside their 25 man squads would still be able to move on, either domestic loan or international sale.

It will take a little getting used to but players will learn that if they don't move within the window they don't move, obviously this year the WC has shortened the window in real terms.

I think it's a good idea personally. Means that premier league squads will be settled and then those that don't get registered still have a chance to move down a league or to another league in europe so they don't have to rot in the reserves.

I don't forsee there being many problems where clubs are forced to sell players without being able to replace them. If a player really wants to go it'll happen before the window closes as they know the chances of their club allowing them to go when they can't be replaced is absolutely minimal.

So from the strangest of top answers in the Google search, this is from Coventry City's website detailing the window changes:

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/news-earlier-closure-for-the-transfer-window/

...the window will now close for permanent transfers from another Club on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 5pm, which is aligned with the decision the Premier League opted to take in September 2017.

In addition, EFL Clubs will still be able to:                                                                  

- Sign players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018

- Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens

- Register players who ceased to be registered with a Club during the period up until the 31st August 2018

- Transfer players OUT to a Club in any League whose window is still open

So unless I'm just going mad... essentially, if you don't get your actual permanent deal done by 9th August at 5pm or even look close to doing that (could even start changing course a week before if that concerned), switch your negotiations to a loan-to-permanent. Surely makes no significant difference to a buying or selling club. The only real clause to prevent those deals is relegation of the buying club (from what I've seen based on the Mbappe to PSG deal).

So from the strangest of top answers in the Google search, this is from Coventry City's website detailing the window changes:

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/news-earlier-closure-for-the-transfer-window/

...the window will now close for permanent transfers from another Club on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 5pm, which is aligned with the decision the Premier League opted to take in September 2017.

In addition, EFL Clubs will still be able to:                                                                  

- Sign players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018

- Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens

- Register players who ceased to be registered with a Club during the period up until the 31st August 2018

- Transfer players OUT to a Club in any League whose window is still open

So unless I'm just going mad... essentially, if you don't get your actual permanent deal done by 9th August at 5pm or even look close to doing that (could even start changing course a week before if that concerned), switch your negotiations to a loan-to-permanent. Surely makes no significant difference to a buying or selling club. The only real clause to prevent those deals is relegation of the buying club (from what I've seen based on the Mbappe to PSG deal).

Not to much different to that weird emergency loan window we use to get

I think a lot of people are maybe expecting a massive overhaul, perhaps because the last few summers have seen such things happen.

I think we have 8 or 9 of our first teamers in place, to be honest. Here's what I expect to see:

Phillips/LW - Almost definitely.

Besic - If we can get him

Morrison - If we can't.

Striker - If we can sell Britt

LB - If Pulis decides Johnson isn't suitable backup

RB - If Pulis decides Fry isn't suitable backup

GK - If Pulis decides Dimi/Ripley aren't suitable backup

So there are 6 positions there, but I think only Phillips (or other LW), Besic/Morrison and the possible striker would be signed as first teamers.

I personally hope any LB signed is brought in as first choice, but I don't see it.

I'd like us to switch to the old Ajax system [3133] with the players we have [especially at the back].

A back three of Shotton/Ayala - Flint/Fry - Gibson/Friend looks fine to me.

Stick a DM in front of them, obviously not as good as Rijkaard, but we don't need him in this division.

Then 3 CM, Howson - Downing/Besic and McNair, with 2 proper wingers and a striker up front.

That would mean we only need to bring in a left winger [Phillips] and possibly Besic.

-------Randolph

Ayala - Flint - Gibson

--------Clayton

Howson - Downing - McNair

Traore - Bamford - Phillips

I think it's a good idea personally. Means that premier league squads will be settled and then those that don't get registered still have a chance to move down a league or to another league in europe so they don't have to rot in the reserves.

I don't forsee there being many problems where clubs are forced to sell players without being able to replace them. If a player really wants to go it'll happen before the window closes as they know the chances of their club allowing them to go when they can't be replaced is absolutely minimal.

Premier league squads will be half settled. They won’t be able to buy anyone else but they will be capable of losing players

Do not be surprised if we are waiting until last couple of days of the window... Boro seem intent on not payment paying over the odds for anyone whilst trying to get over the odds for our own players

At least if we're trying to get Bryan and Phillips that would mean Bryan would most likely be in at full back rather than Gibson.

Have we been linked to or actively pursuing any strikers? Think that's a position that needs filling and hasn't really been mentioned much in terms of potential targets.

Have we been linked to or actively pursuing any strikers? Think that's a position that needs filling and hasn't really been mentioned much in terms of potential targets.

Not a position that needs filled unless we can offload one of our existing strikers. We have 4 players for one position at the moment, we can't just throw money at a position that we already have a significant investment in

The press have linked us with Waghorn and Vokes to name two.

Not a position that needs filled unless we can offload one of our existing strikers. We have 4 players for one position at the moment, we can't just throw money at a position that we already have a significant investment in

This.

(Actually 5 if you include Braithwaite)