oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Can’t see the loan window being open longer being an issue, it might increase loan with option to buy deals but only if the parent club wants to. They can’t be pressured by English clubs triggering a buyout clause because they won’t be buying at that point. It just gives clubs longer to find the right clubs for their younger players that don’t count in the 25 man squad.

However I do think reasonable buyout clauses could become a thing of the past because what club is going to risk it being triggered by a club outside of England and either having to sell or risk being sued and not being able to replace them.

They'll just be replaced by buyout clauses that can't be triggered when the clubs transfer window ends, I'd be surprised if that's not already the case as contracts are watertight nowadays...

10million for a full back in the championship........really!!!!

Yet we are quoting 20mil for Gibbo and 30mil for Adama. Just the way the market is out of control

But championship clubs aren’t going to buy Gibson or adama. It’s the 10 mill for a championship to spend on a full back I don’t believe

Brentford have accepted a bid/offer for Josefzoon  ,from an un-named championship club. 

not necessarily us but he is a winger (not sure which side).

I thought it was Leeds but Sky are now reporting that it’s Derby.

Stoke after Ince, wonder if they’re giving up on Ritchie or trying to force Newcastle’s hand.

Can’t see the loan window being open longer being an issue, it might increase loan with option to buy deals but only if the parent club wants to. They can’t be pressured by English clubs triggering a buyout clause because they won’t be buying at that point. It just gives clubs longer to find the right clubs for their younger players that don’t count in the 25 man squad.

However I do think reasonable buyout clauses could become a thing of the past because what club is going to risk it being triggered by a club outside of England and either having to sell or risk being sued and not being able to replace them.

They'll just be replaced by buyout clauses that can't be triggered when the clubs transfer window ends, I'd be surprised if that's not already the case as contracts are watertight nowadays...

That makes more sense!

Brentford have accepted a bid/offer for Josefzoon  ,from an un-named championship club. 

Stoke after Ince, wonder if they’re giving up on Ritchie or trying to force Newcastle’s hand.

Newcastle will only let Ritchie go if they sign a replacement. They want to sign Townsend and Palace want to sign Antonio to replace him.

I really dont want any of our rivals getting Tom Ince. The lad guarantees goals and assists in this league and is one of the most productive wingers to have played in this league in recent years.

I really dont want any of our rivals getting Tom Ince. The lad guarantees goals and assists in this league and is one of the most productive wingers to have played in this league in recent years.

I don't think he'll make the step down again to be honest, this is probably the first PL move he's made where he's getting a decent amount of game time.

Out of ince or Adama I know who I'd rather have

Don’t think I said otherwise. I’d like both though. Ince has played a lot on the left and has scored and assisted a very impressive amount of goals. If Adama can emulate Inces numbers I will be very happy.

I don't think he'll make the step down again to be honest, this is probably the first PL move he's made where he's getting a decent amount of game time.

You’re probably right. It wouldn’t really make sense for him to drop down this summer.

10million for a full back in the championship........really!!!!

Yet we are quoting 20mil for Gibbo and 30mil for Adama. Just the way the market is out of control

But championship clubs aren’t going to buy Gibson or adama. It’s the 10 mill for a championship to spend on a full back I don’t believe

Sorry mate misunderstood what you were getting at the first time but understand what your saying now... guessing why I was told we are waiting until end of the window in an attempt to get at a lower price.

Out of ince or Adama I know who I'd rather have

Don’t think I said otherwise. I’d like both though. Ince has played a lot on the left and has scored and assisted a very impressive amount of goals. If Adama can emulate Inces numbers I will be very happy.

We just have to accept other teams will have good players aswell

Noticed Bausor is at the game today.. hopefully meeting with Pulis to get things moving

After watching the first 20 minutes I can see why Fletcher doesn’t get a look in under Pulis... not physical enough and switches off every now and then