oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I've lost quite a bit of interest/hope in the team since Pulis arrived, so losing players doesn't necessarily bother me.

However, if we lose Traore, but can use the money we get for him to bring in 2 wingers, wouldn't that be a good thing?

If we lost Bamford I'd be unhappy, because I genuinely think he is our best striker and that he is capable of scoring 20+ in an injury free season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've lost quite a bit of interest/hope in the team since Pulis arrived, so losing players doesn't necessarily bother me.  

However, if we lose Traore, but can use the money we get for him to bring in 2 wingers, wouldn't that be a good thing?

If we lost Bamford I'd be unhappy, because I genuinely think he is our best striker and that he is capable of scoring 20+ in an injury free season.

In this market I genuinely don't think we'd get two good wingers for the price of Traore... Matt Phillips is being quoted at £15m for christ sake

So it’s bamford, Traore or Gibson. I’m not really going to turn sour as I’m already there with the Orkmeister at the helm. He’s going to turn us into a team of cloggers. Not expecting promotion this season.

i tend to agree with this too be honest. i hope everyone understands i cant put names out yet but i will put out as soon as i get the nod.  Its one of our attackers anyway.

Raf Smog is this deal close or just at the early stages please

left out yesterday could this be a hint, just strange how the grass was too long for just him and not chapman who has had a long term injury

So it is Traore? Few teams in prem will be looking to replace a RW - I’m going to guess Huddersfield... Traore started and played in all of the friendlies so far, and the timing of Ince rumours and then him not playing.

If we were to sell Traore to Huddersfield so Stoke could sign Ince that would be ridiculous. Even worse if it’s not for an extortionate fee.

Unfortunately we need to buy 3-4 players at the business end of the pitch, which tends to cost money. I arent sure that Pulis and his aged side kick will buy the right ones! They may be better off in a retirement home for the terminally bewildered!

Adama is only going to leave if someone pays the 18mil buy out.. if someone had done that he wouldn't still be in Germany

There is no buy out clause.

Nixon said there is when I asked him..

or maybe TP is fully aware like everyone else is that every other player can be replaced but Adama can't. therefore he gets more protection than other players.

The pitch for the friendly in Austria was lousy as well.

Maybe it was to see how the team copes without him? (clutching at straws)

Either way I hope we never start with 3 Strikers again, looked a lot more balanced when two midfielders - Downing and Wing - came on.

Maybe we should see how the team copes without Pulis as well.

Adama is only going to leave if someone pays the 18mil buy out.. if someone had done that he wouldn't still be in Germany

Maybe just this once.. Nixon might be wrong ;)

Bamford is the only player in the squad whose football brain is anywhere near as fast as adama runs. It makes very little sense having adama on the wing if we have a slow plodders up front, and let's face it that's what we are going to have. I'm expecting pulis to get rid of adama and bring in a "more rounded player with better end product" or at least that will be the club's line.

I'm not expecting a promotion season. I'm not even expecting a playoff season. Our only hope is we do a Sunderland under Quinn, lose our first 4, sack the manager and bring in someone who can be progressive. However, with the squad that may be left I doubt that would even work

People need to stop blaming pulis for turning the team into defensive plodders. Our squad was already full of them when he was appointed. Gibson probably appointed pulis because he’s style was better suited to the players we have at the club.

Maybe it was to see how the team copes without him? (clutching at straws)

Either way I hope we never start with 3 Strikers again, looked a lot more balanced when two midfielders - Downing and Wing - came on.

Maybe we should see how the team copes without Pulis as well.

That would certainly lift my spirits ahead of what is going to be a lacklustre season under the Orkmeister.

Norwich skint and needing to sell got 22m for Maddison

villa skint and needing to sell look to be getting 30m for Grealish

Boro not needing to sell get 18m for Traore. We are ***ing tragic.

Echo others on here that this preseason is the most annoyed/dismayed/unenthusiastic I've ever been with the Boro. The whole club just stinks of Pulis, slow, ponderous and unambitious.

Huge fears this is Gs2 all over again. Championship mediocrity for years incoming.

The Gazette said there isnt

Maybe he is .. but you'd sooner believe the person with a source than one without, right?

Firstly, you have no idea if he has a source for it. Secondly, the Gazette have said there isn’t a clause.

Bamford is the only player in the squad whose football brain is anywhere near as fast as adama runs. It makes very little sense having adama on the wing if we have a slow plodders up front, and let's face it that's what we are going to have. I'm expecting pulis to get rid of adama and bring in a "more rounded player with better end product" or at least that will be the club's line.

I'm not expecting a promotion season. I'm not even expecting a playoff season. Our only hope is we do a Sunderland under Quinn, lose our first 4, sack the manager and bring in someone who can be progressive. However, with the squad that may be left I doubt that would even work

People need to stop blaming pulis for turning the team into defensive plodders. Our squad was already full of them when he was appointed. Gibson probably appointed pulis because he’s style was better suited to the players we have at the club.

I’ll blame him because he keeps buying cloggers and plays a style that is hideous and won’t get us promoted. Please feel free to dig out this post if he gets us promoted.