oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

As much as I wanted a proper look at Mcnair, which really I was unable to get given the camera angle, I probably wouldn't have even bothered watching if I knew Adama wouldn't feature.

Wing grabs about 5 or 6 of those kind of goals a season from footage I've seen and it was nice to get a look at Chapman who looked to get down the right quite a few times despite being left peg.

Other than that it was awful, Fry in that midfield position where he dropped in anytime a defender tried to play out from the back was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen, he gave away the ball 3 times and played the ball behind Mcnair twice in the first half, pointless even for a friendly.

It was awful, which has been a feature of our pre-season so far.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe he is .. but you'd sooner believe the person with a source than one without, right?

Probably the same source that told him Downing wasn't signing for us 3 years ago, he was still ridiculing Boro fans for bringing it up when Downing was in Rockliffe signing autographs.

1 bit of info i have heard yesterday lunch time is some info that i guarantee will turn boro fans extremely sour i havent had it confirmed it yet but if its true it will whip up hell of a storm i will post more details when confirmed 

hint its an outgoing and not the fee or club we would expect

Gestede, £150m, Real Madrid :relief:

Having traore in the team was the only thing keeping my hopes up for next season, if we sell him for £19m I'm just going to lose any kind of enthusiasm for next season I had left. Absolutely terrible business specially as like someone said Norwich got £22m for their star player.

I already had it in the back of my mind that this might be my last season as a sc holder.

1 bit of info i have heard yesterday lunch time is some info that i guarantee will turn boro fans extremely sour i havent had it confirmed it yet but if its true it will whip up hell of a storm i will post more details when confirmed 

They've had our eyes out there.

Bamford is the only player in the squad whose football brain is anywhere near as fast as adama runs. It makes very little sense having adama on the wing if we have a slow plodders up front, and let's face it that's what we are going to have. I'm expecting pulis to get rid of adama and bring in a "more rounded player with better end product" or at least that will be the club's line.

I'm not expecting a promotion season. I'm not even expecting a playoff season. Our only hope is we do a Sunderland under Quinn, lose our first 4, sack the manager and bring in someone who can be progressive. However, with the squad that may be left I doubt that would even work

People need to stop blaming pulis for turning the team into defensive plodders. Our squad was already full of them when he was appointed. Gibson probably appointed pulis because he’s style was better suited to the players we have at the club.

I’ll blame him because he keeps buying cloggers and plays a style that is hideous and won’t get us promoted. Please feel free to dig out this post if he gets us promoted.

Please tell me the cloggers he’s bought for us?

Over Pulis's dead body..

Could always be referring to Ayala. Certainly a fan favourite, and not a player that many would be happy to lose if it were only a couple of million.

Raf said it's an attacker... although in the age of Pulis he could still be right. :D

Really Deep Lying Centre Forward  :)

Adama is only going to leave if someone pays the 18mil buy out.. if someone had done that he wouldn't still be in Germany

There is no buy out clause.

Nixon said there is when I asked him..

Maybe just this once.. Nixon might be wrong ;)

Wow, this transfer window thread is getting too ridiculous to believe  :liar:

Please tell me the cloggers he’s bought for us?

Can we count Martin Craine?

Pleeeaaasssseeeeee.

He’s not at the club anymore so pulis got that right :)

I can't believe I'm the one saying this but maybe we should wait and see if anything happens and indeed what it is that happens before we all get really angry with the club? Let's just calm down a little rather than decide that the season is over because some bloke said something on the internet (no offence RAF). I mean yeah the season already was over when we didn't get rid of Pulis this summer but it was over in a completely different way to how it will be over because of this so chin up and keep the faith!

I can't believe I'm the one saying this but maybe we should wait and see if anything happens and indeed what it is that happens before we all get really angry with the club?  Let's just calm down a little rather than decide that the season is over because some bloke said something on the internet (no offence RAF).  I mean yeah the season already was over when we didn't get rid of Pulis this summer but it was over in a completely different way to how it will be over because of this so chin up and keep the faith!

Very much this.

I can't believe I'm the one saying this but maybe we should wait and see if anything happens and indeed what it is that happens before we all get really angry with the club? Let's just calm down a little rather than decide that the season is over because some bloke said something on the internet (no offence RAF). I mean yeah the season already was over when we didn't get rid of Pulis this summer but it was over in a completely different way to how it will be over because of this so chin up and keep the faith!

Stop trying to give the situation perspective it's much more fun seeing everyone having a meltdown