oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

If we were to sign Pulis’ supposed top five, I must admit I think we’d be looking the strongest in the division.

A team of potentially...

- Randolph -

- McNair - Ayala - Flint - Bryan -

- Besic - Clayton -

- Adama - Vydra - Adomah -

- Bamford -

Obviously assuming we signed those five, I think the formation would have to change to accommodate and we would certainly see some big departures. i.e. Gibson/Assombalonga. But if it meant being able to bring in the players mentioned it has everything a Championship team needs and imo make us favourites for the league.

Wishful thinking I know but it’s the only thing that’s inspiring me in the build up to Millwall.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'm probably alone in this thinking but I believe £18mill for Traore isn't that bad. You can't really compare it to Grealish and Maddison as they are young English/British players and their prices will always be inflated. £18million would not only be a massive profit on what we paid but wouldn't it also be a record transfer received?

Yes I know he is far and away our best attacking threat, but this also makes him or most saleable and if we need funds to buy a couple of extra players to make the team a more attacking unit then it can only be positive?

Granted if we sell him and don't replace him we are screwed..

I totally agree with you there, £18m would be our record sale and if Adama would rather have another crack at the premier league, I really don’t blame him.

It sounds as though the club needs to sell players before we can buy, we gambled and overspent last summer and it sounds as though the club aren’t going to do that again.

I think the original plan would have been to sell Gibson, hence the Flint signing, but no acceptable offers have come in, it sounds as though the Braithwaite transfer is dead in the water and the best we can hope for is to loan him out.

If the rumours are true that we can’t move on a few fringe players because they want to stay and collect their wages here, it does put the club in a difficult position. This £18m release clause that has suddenly been banded about, May have been made public for a reason, to try and generate interest in Traore.

We’ve had a few crazy windows over the last few seasons, but this year I think reality has hit home, we’ve got an honest man in charge of the team, who will look to get us promoted without pie in the sky promises of fluid fast flowing football.

The team will be hard to beat and hard to watch at times, but save the abuse towards Pulis for now, give him a chance and you might be surprised.

How did we overspend last season? After Christie left in January we more or less broke even on fees. Granted there will have been some sign on fees and agent fees but that shouldn’t be extortionate considering we mostly signed championship players. The wage bill is probably the biggest factor here and top earners like Braithwaite and Gibson could be blocking incoming transfers if they don’t leave.

I think I'm probably alone in this thinking but I believe £18mill for Traore isn't that bad. You can't really compare it to Grealish and Maddison as they are young English/British players and their prices will always be inflated. £18million would not only be a massive profit on what we paid but wouldn't it also be a record transfer received?

Yes I know he is far and away our best attacking threat, but this also makes him or most saleable and if we need funds to buy a couple of extra players to make the team a more attacking unit then it can only be positive?

I totally agree with you there, £18m would be our record sale and if Adama would rather have another crack at the premier league, I really don’t blame him.

It sounds as though the club needs to sell players before we can buy, we gambled and overspent last summer and it sounds as though the club aren’t going to do that again.

I think the original plan would have been to sell Gibson, hence the Flint signing, but no acceptable offers have come in, it sounds as though the Braithwaite transfer is dead in the water and the best we can hope for is to loan him out.

If the rumours are true that we can’t move on a few fringe players because they want to stay and collect their wages here, it does put the club in a difficult position. This £18m release clause that has suddenly been banded about, May have been made public for a reason, to try and generate interest in Traore.

We’ve had a few crazy windows over the last few seasons, but this year I think reality has hit home, we’ve got an honest man in charge of the team, who will look to get us promoted without pie in the sky promises of fluid fast flowing football.

The team will be hard to beat and hard to watch at times, but save the abuse towards Pulis for now, give him a chance and you might be surprised.

I really can’t see Gibson still being here in aug. If he is we have far too many CBs So either we’ve messed up buying a replacement then not being able to sell or we will have around 20 million coming in so I don’t think we really need to sell traore. And apart from being biased and loving him. I really think he is an increasing asset and we will lose out if we sell now

I know one is English but I think in terms of potential, Gibson going for more than Traore would be disappointing. In this squad as it is, it's pretty clear who holds more value to our team.

How did we overspend last season? After Christie left in January we more or less broke even on fees. Granted there will have been some sign on fees and agent fees but that shouldn’t be extortionate considering we mostly signed championship players. The wage bill is probably the biggest factor here and top earners like Braithwaite and Gibson could be blocking incoming transfers if they don’t leave.

I don't think it is the transfer outlay that is the issue. I think it will be our current wage budget that is the issue. I imagine we are either at our own "cap" or slightly above it, and are in a position where we have to reduce that in order to accommodate new players. After the whole Strachan debacle I imagine the club are very strict with our wage structure.

If we were to sign Pulis’ supposed top five, I must admit I think we’d be looking the strongest in the division.

A team of potentially...

- Randolph -

- Besic - Clayton -

- Bamford -

Obviously assuming we signed those five, I think the formation would have to change to accommodate and we would certainly see some big departures. i.e. Gibson/Assombalonga. But if it meant being able to bring in the players mentioned it has everything a Championship team needs and imo make us favourites for the league.

Wishful thinking I know but it’s the only thing that’s inspiring me in the build up to Millwall.

Where has this 'top five' come from?

Why is McNair at right-back?

A team of potentially...

- Randolph -

- Besic - Clayton -

- Bamford -

Wishful thinking is the biggest understatement of the century with that team.

Remember the good old days when we were moaning about having both Leadboots and Clayton in the team to go with the 4 attacking players we had on the pitch. Now we are lucky to have 2 players with any sort of attacking nous. Can't honestly understand how anyone can find positives in Pulis, props though....

A team of potentially...

- Randolph -

- Besic - Clayton -

- Bamford -

it's the names smoggydownsouth was given yesterday I believe, probably because he's arguably better than shotton there and if we sign besic then he would want to utilise both new signings, and he also seems to be a fan of Clayton so it is plausible, he came through the ranks playing right back and centre back at Utd.

A team of potentially...

- Randolph -

- Besic - Clayton -

- Bamford -

Just what I was told were our top 5 targets before start of season... it’s Adomah or Phillips but if the rumours of Traore leaving are true I can see it being both but that’s just my own assumption

I don't think it is the transfer outlay that is the issue. I think it will be our current wage budget that is the issue. I imagine we are either at our own "cap" or slightly above it, and are in a position where we have to reduce that in order to accommodate new players. After the whole Strachan debacle I imagine the club are very strict with our wage structure.

You’re probably right. I think the club was counting on Gibson, Braithwaite and perhaps Leadbitter being gone by now which would give Pulis something like 18-25 million in fees and probably 80-100k in weekly wages.

You’re probably right. I think the club was counting on Gibson, Braithwaite and perhaps Leadbitter being gone by now which would give Pulis something like 18-25 million in fees and probably 80-100k in weekly wages.

Gibson’s set price is 20mil....

Braithwaite 8.5-9mil we want.

Leadbitter I still see as mutual free transfer if Sunderland come in for him

Yeah, those were kind of the figures I had in my mind. I said somewhere between 18-25 as I took for granted that he wouldn’t be given the entire income.

Yeah, those were kind of the figures I had in my mind. I said somewhere between 18-25 as I took for granted that he wouldn’t be given the entire income.

I find the Gibbo transfer weird because I was told in no uncertain terms fees were agreed in principal with Southampton and Everton so I am wondering if he changed his mind