oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I'd take a ***house that contributed 29 over a pretty boy that contributed 12. I'll let Pulis decide if he's a ***house not my job.

If you are going to quote stats, at least put some perspective on it.  

Waghorn scored 16 in 3400 minutes of Championship football.  1 every 200 minutes.

Bamford scored 11 in 2000 minutes of Championship football.  1 every 180 minutes.

Yes, Transfermrkt shows 13 assists for Waghorn and one for Bamford.  Not entirely sure that's a comment on the player's quality, or that it more reflects the player's they are playing with and the system they are playing in, mind.  

Paddy could have tee'd it up for our midfield thirty times a game and I'd still expect no assists.  :)

So we dismiss Waghorn's 13 assists? Have a look at the way he plays a lot of them are literally put on a plate by him. Also take into consideration the team around Waghorn is a lot worse than the Boro team.

I'd also say that Waghorn is more technically gifted than Bamford, looking at the way Waghorn can take a set piece compared to some of the free kicks that hit row Z from Bamford last season.

Oh dear....

I take it you disagree. Why's that?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More technically gifted than bamford? Wow....

No? Why do you believe he isn't?

Waghorn is a sh*thouse.

Look at the goals they scored last year, Bamford scored a volley with the outside of his foot, dinked keepers and scored doing a Zidane 360.

Waghorn scored one where he fell over with the ball between his legs and hooked it in from on his back. As Sunday league as you'll get.

We’re signing a striker who has had two good seasons in his entire career, one of which was in the scottish championship, can someone please tell me how this is progress

Depressing to think we have gone from a position of being a premier league club to throw that away with sub standard signings when we had the chance to attract real quality. To now this, a new low for the club. Someone new needs to come in at the top because this club has been one of the worst ran in the country over the last few years, whoever’s in charge doesn’t have a ***ing clue.

Look at Burnley, promoted at the same time with an arguably worse squad and less money, two years later they are in Europe and we’re most likely to finish a mid table championship side, amazing what happens when you don’t blow all your money on big names looking for a last pay day and daft panic buys, and then sack your manager when things get tough

I'd take a ***house that contributed 29 over a pretty boy that contributed 12. I'll let Pulis decide if he's a ***house not my job.

Waghorn scored 16 in 3400 minutes of Championship football.  1 every 200 minutes.

Bamford scored 11 in 2000 minutes of Championship football.  1 every 180 minutes.

Yes, Transfermrkt shows 13 assists for Waghorn and one for Bamford.  Not entirely sure that's a comment on the player's quality, or that it more reflects the player's they are playing with and the system they are playing in, mind.  

Paddy could have tee'd it up for our midfield thirty times a game and I'd still expect no assists.  :)

So we dismiss Waghorn's 13 assists? Have a look at the way he plays a lot of them are literally put on a plate by him. Also take into consideration the team around Waghorn is a lot worse than the Boro team.

I'd also say that Waghorn is more technically gifted than Bamford, looking at the way Waghorn can take a set piece compared to some of the free kicks that hit row Z from Bamford last season.

Oh dear....

What jamesp said.

I keep getting pulled up for disliking pulis. What shouldn't surprise me is how those who like his appointment seem to like all he does. Looking forward to the "well he runs around like a headless chicken with no end product" when adama leaves....and naturally, his replacement (if we get on and whoever he may be) will be a much better all round player.

Waghorn is a sh*thouse.

Look at the goals they scored last year, Bamford scored a volley with the outside of his foot, dinked keepers and scored doing a Zidane 360.

Waghorn scored one where he fell over with the ball between his legs and hooked it in from on his back. As Sunday league as you'll get.

Get used to that kind of football

Waghorn is a sh*thouse.

On a ball dropping over his shoulder no less.

Waghorn is a sh*thouse.

So one goal Waghorn scored means he is as Sunday league as you'll get?

What about Waghorn's free kicks he scored? Take some technical ability to score them. 

These are the types of free kicks I talked of with Bamford, their was 2 or 3 of them this season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbbjq3m5gAg

I keep getting pulled up for disliking pulis. What shouldn't surprise me is how those who like his appointment seem to like all he does. Looking forward to the "well he runs around like a headless chicken with no end product" when adama leaves....and naturally, his replacement (if we get on and whoever he may be) will be a much better all round player.

Can you point me to the post where I agreed selling Bamford was the right move? Or where I've alluded to Adama being not that good if he leaves? Because I fall right into the bracket of people you're targeting.

Waghorn took corners and freekicks for Ipswich last season. A ***house whipping a ball into 6'6 Aden Flint is Tony's wet dream.

Oh dear....

What jamesp said.

I don't like everything he does because I hate watching that type of football but we're Middlesbrough not Man City. Every comment you make on here is about hating Pulis.

It's not just the types of goal a player scores that determines technical ability, look at Waghorn from a dead ball, his delivery is gorgeous. He also set up many goals with good vision and flair.

Bamford on his move:

"Yeah, I've been needing to play upfront, and wanting to be the main man somewhere, for a long time obviously and Leeds have offered me that opportunity, so it really is something that I grabbed with both hands"

We’re signing a striker who has had two good seasons in his entire career, one of which was in the scottish championship, can someone please tell me how this is progress

Depressing to think we have gone from a position of being a premier league club to throw that away with sub standard signings when we had the chance to attract real quality. To now this, a new low for the club. Someone new needs to come in at the top because this club has been one of the worst ran in the country over the last few years, whoever’s in charge doesn’t have a *** clue.

Look at Burnley, promoted at the same time with an arguably worse squad and less money, two years later they are in Europe and we’re most likely to finish a mid table championship side, amazing what happens when you don’t blow all your money on big names looking for a last pay day and daft panic buys, and then sack your manager when things get tough

How many "good" seasons has Bamford had?

Not disagreeing with you on Waghorn. Just curious...

I don’t understand the issue with him, we’re potentially signing a player who was in brilliant form last season in the championship, not Scotland.

We’re letting go a striker who was never going to be no. 1 striker. Our team very rarely set up to take advantage of Bamfords best attributes unfortunately.

Gutted, but Bamford’s gone and Waghorn may or may not be a Boro player soon. If he is, I know which one I’ll be backing.