oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

The squad is definitely weaker right this second but SURELY we are still getting 2 or 3 in especially now Bamford has gone. If the window closes and we are genuinely starting all three of Downing Friend and Shotton then Gibson has in all likelihood given up.

We've had success with loans too (Bamford, Besic) so something could come via that route too.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I liked Bamford, the sale of him makes sense ONLY if we’re going to reinvest in areas that we need, ie LB and LW. We’ve already got three strikers and I don’t really think they’re the issue. If we keep Adama, buy a decent LW who can actually create, and replace Friend I think we’d be in an alright position to compete next year.

Gonna be a busy last week with lots of social media meltdowns!

leeds fans forum over the mood with the signing and see it as a major bit of business, all think promotion is looking nailed on and thanking Orta for his influence.

Feeling pretty sick he's gone to there of all places

As much as I liked Bamford, the sale of him makes sense ONLY if we’re going to reinvest in areas that we need, ie LB and LW. We’ve already got three strikers and I don’t really think they’re the issue. If we keep Adama, buy a decent LW who can actually create, and replace Friend I think we’d be in an alright position to compete next year.

Gonna be a busy last week with lots of social media meltdowns!

Problem being that adama is still more likely to leave than stay and also for me shotton is as big a problem as friend and midfield creativity is still short. Too many gaps to fill before the end of the window with not enough funds in my opinion.

I will be absolutely furious if we spend Bamford’s money on Martyn Waghorn!!!

I completely understand that we may have needed to sell Bamford in order to buy players. Bamford was a player who was worth a lot of money and unfortunately was never going to get a game under our current manager. It makes sense.

But if we turn around and waste the majority of that money on Waghorn I really have to question where this club is heading. He is absolutely useless. Forget stats, having watched him countless times he’s nothing more than a League 1 standard striker. Whoever said he’s better technically than Bamford has obviously only watched him score a few free kicks on YouTube and summarised that he’s technically good without having actually seen him play. He’s had 1 good season (in terms of stats) and now we are willing to throw £7m at him because he is strong and works hard. He’s 28. In a seasons time he’ll be worth nothing.

I’ve been giving Pulis the benefit of the doubt up to now but if (and I obviously refute all of this if we don’t) we sign Waghorn I give up.

leeds fans forum over the mood with the signing and see it as a major bit of business, all think promotion is looking nailed on and thanking Orta for his influence.

It is major for them as they haven't spent money like that in a long time. I don't think Orta's influence on Bamford made him choose Leeds, they are just the only team wiling to pay his wages and our value for him as well as start him as their Striker.

I'm not overly bothered he's gone to Leeds but do find it weird seeing him in a Leeds shirt.

Leeds fans thinking they’re going up? Well I never.

I will be absolutely furious if we spend Bamford’s money on Martyn Waghorn!!!

I completely understand that we may have needed to sell Bamford in order to buy players. Bamford was a player who was worth a lot of money and unfortunately was never going to get a game under our current manager. It makes sense.

But if we turn around and waste the majority of that money of Waghorn I really have to question where this club is heading. He is absolutely useless. Forget stats, having watched him countless times he’s nothing more than a League 1 standard striker. Whoever said he’s better technically than Bamford has obviously only watched him score a few free kicks on YouTube and summarised that he’s technically good without having actually seen him play. He’s had 1 good season (in terms of stats) and now we are willing to throw £7m at him because he is strong and works hard. He’s 28. In a seasons time he’ll be worth nothing.

I’ve been giving Pulis the benefit of the doubt up to now but if (and I obviously refute all of this if we don’t) we sign Waghorn I give up.

It's not just down to his Free kicks as I too have watched him countless times but I find he is a very tenacious forward with the technical ability to go with it. To say he's nothing more than a League 1 striker is laughable.

So if we are to sign this fella up top I'm guessing more movement out. Fletcher on loan?

Or is it (I know it's hard to read) a possibility that adama goes and we play gestede with two of our other "strikers" on the left and right? Maybe waghorn and Braithwaite. I doubt this is the plan but was expecting some kind of movement for a winger once some outgoing deal was done. There was little movement before (other than the odd whisper/rumour) and no movement today to appease the fans.

Maybe he is looking at using the kids??

Gutted we've sold bambam. Half of last season he was one of our best players (in the top two I would say). I still remember that game against leeds in the snow in march. Incredible

I'll be honest, I'm finding this sale hard to swallow. More so than it would've been to swallow Adama to Wolves as this is strengthening a direct rival.

We had a squad full of talented individuals who needed someone to piece together those elements to make a cohesive unit. Instead we got Tony *** Pulis who is slowly removing any quality from the side.

I'm usually a 'glass half full' guy when it comes to Boro, but I can't see us making any progress with the current regime. The sooner Pulis Ball fails the better it'll be for the future of the club in my eyes...

Couldn't disagree more with that statement. If Pulis fails then it's going to be a very tough ask for another manager to come in and succeed with the squad that will be left behind. And with parachute payments eventually petering out, we won't be able to buy our way out the league. Gibson knew what he was getting when he brought in Pulis, and Pulis is definitely capable of pulling it off (no innuendo intended) - so it's now very important that we do achieve promotion in the next year or two. Flint and McNair (plus a left winger and keeping Traore) could yet prove to be the types of players that flourish in this system.

Is he...? The way I see it is that we weren't convincing with him at the helm last season, and the squad is considerably weaker this season. There'd  no better manager to keep us in the Premiership, but his outlook is far to negative to get us out of the Championship.

I don't disagree with you on the parachute payments and the financial implications of us not getting promoted this/next season. But my point is Pulis wasn't the man we needed at the time if Monk's sacking, and he's even less the man we need right now.

We're not building anything pragmatic or forward thinking under him, and so there's no longevity in this system. Christie for Shotton, Braithwaite for Harrison, Bamford for (potentially) Waghorn - they're all huge steps backwards. We've splashed on a CB - who I rate highly - but that wasn't a problem position. If there's a lack of money / desire to spend, why splash it on one of the most solid areas of the team whilst leaving the creativity behind the striker and on the left flank totally unresolved?

The business Pulis has done in the transfer market has been laughable barring Besic (and potentially McNair) - either on the pitch or in terms of pragmatism.

We weren't convincing last season. No Pulis team will ever be convincing. But in his defence he did steer us into the playoffs when it looked like we were going to narrowly miss out.

I don't dispute your point about Pulis' appointment. A very uninspiring one and I wasn't particularly happy about it. Route one long-ball football here we come. I also don't dispute your point about signings. We've lost a lot of our quality. And we clearly lack creativity.

However, my point is that Pulis is assembling a very Pulis-like squad. Not what I want, but he needs players that fit his unadventurous system if we are to have any chance under his tenure. And once Pulis has fully Pulised our squad - let's face it, he's not going anywhere anytime soon baring an absolute disaster - then any other manager that potentially fills that void is going to seriously struggle implementing any other type of creative football with the players that are left. This is why we need Pulis to succeed, and the statement 'the sooner Pulis Ball fails the better' is just completely illogical.

Interesting watching Bamfords interview with Leeds, says he first he knew of Leeds interest a week and half ago in the papers, then seen more and more reports in press about it so it got him interested.

Leaked to the press before Leeds even contacted his agent.

Interesting watching Bamfords interview with Leeds, says he first he knew of Leeds interest a week and half ago in the papers, then seen more and more reports in press about it so it got him interested.

Leaked to the press before Leeds even contacted his agent.

It’s rubbish I knew about this weeks ago and told everyone weeks ago about admittedly didn’t mention names. He is saying what fans wants to here but deep down that statement saying I wanted to play up front speaks volumes he was a big time Charlie who thinks he is better than he is. No player is bigger than a club and should be happy to play anyway that the club who pays 40000 per week says for him to play.

Back to transfers I heard after 3 players at moment at least. 2 of them been playing waiting game for and still are and the value is decreasing daily. Time to make plunge now I think. Won’t name names yet sorry