oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I believe Wing played for Yeovil in league 2

Agree about midfield not being the most urgent area to be addressed. Assuming we don't lose traore, the order of priority should be -

Left wing

right back

Left back

Centre midfielder

Striker

I really don't see us signing 5 more players though.

Agree with that. And the midfielder need to be a bit creative or at least forward thinking. Unless Pulis thinks Wing is ready. After all he did play League 1 last season.

League 2, and they finished near the bottom

Agree about midfield not being the most urgent area to be addressed. Assuming we don't lose traore, the order of priority should be -

Left wing

right back

Left back

Centre midfielder

Striker

I really don't see us signing 5 more players though.

If no one else leaves. I think we are covered in our defensive positions. Shotton and Friend as starting full backs with McNair, Gibson, Johnson and Fry as cover.

We have DeSart, McNair, Leadbitter, Clayton, Howson and Wing fighting for 3 spots in midfield.

If we only sign a winger and a striker, I think we’ll be fine.

None of those back up players are full backs. Shotton isn't a full back. Friend is on the decline. Our first choice options aren't great and our backup is non existent. We absolutely need fullbacks.

None of those back up players are full backs. Shotton isn't a full back. Friend is on the decline. Our first choice options aren't great and our backup is non existent. We absolutely need fullbacks.

I think we need a left winger and a right back as top priorities. Left back is a little less pressing, but Friend is definitely starting to dip.

Friend and Shotton were glaring weak points in the play off games in my opinion. After left wing they would be my two priorities to strengthen,

Not sure if it is relevant now but Forest fan told me we made an approach for Costel Pantilimon prior to him signing but he chose them over us following on from his spell there last season and his relationship with Karanka.

We need two full backs and some wingers, what use is it signing more striker's if the supply isn't there and putting square pegs in round holes if Waghorn signs and gets shifted out too the left.

Friend is a good fullback, he’ll be first choice this season, Johnson can cover if Friend gets injured, why waste out limited resources on another left back?

Shotton is Pulis’ preferred right back, he was the first manager to see Shotton’s potential and use him at right back, he’s also got a hell of a throw on him. He’ll be first choice RB this season. The fact the McNair and Fry have both had run outs at right back tells me They are in the frame.

We have to sell before we buy, if we don’t sell, I’d be ok with our defence as it is it’s a winger and a striker

That we are short of in my opinion.

I suspect that we won't be seeing any full backs coming in. As soon as Pulis arrived he showed Christie the door and tried the same with Fabio. Given Pulis' history with playing centre backs there, and Fry, Gibson, and McNair getting some game time there in pre-season it looks likely that he's going down that route again. I reckon if Bryan came in it would be to play further forward on the left, which wouldn't be a bad thing as he's probably more adept going forward.

Friend and Shotton were glaring weak points in the play off games in my opinion. After left wing they would be my two priorities to strengthen,

Friend is one of the only reasons we were still in the tie at one point, I think that's quite harsh.

Friend is a good fullback, he’ll be first choice this season, Johnson can cover if Friend gets injured, why waste out limited resources on another left back?

Shotton is Pulis’ preferred right back, he was the first manager to see Shotton’s potential and use him at right back, he’s also got a hell of a throw on him. He’ll be first choice RB this season. The fact the McNair and Fry have both had run outs at right back tells me They are in the frame.

We have to sell before we buy, if we don’t sell, I’d be ok with our defence as it is it’s a winger and a striker

That we are short of in my opinion.

George Friend is not a good full-back and hasn’t been for years. He simply doesn’t have the legs anymore and his postionial sense seems to have worsened over the past two years. For me and probably the large majority of our fans, left-back is a priority just as much as another winger.

Friend is one of the only reasons we were still in the tie at one point, I think that's quite harsh.

Good point. He literally saved us at Villa Park