Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe, just maybe ..

If we had a GOOD left winger in front of Friend .. Then Maybe Friend could play a solid FB role. If his main task was to defend .. Cause that's not world class defending, but solid enough and wouldn't see him caught outa position .. His attacking game is abysmal though .. He has no clue, with the ball .. Sometimes he puts him self in good positions with the ball, but bottles it 99 times outa 100

He is handsome though and has a better throw in than Barragan

Maybe, just maybe ..

If we had a GOOD left winger in front of Friend .. Then Maybe Friend could play a solid FB role. If his main task was to defend .. Cause that's not world class defending, but solid enough and wouldn't see him caught outa position .. His attacking game is abysmal though .. He has no clue, with the ball .. Sometimes he puts him self in good positions with the ball, but bottles it 99 times outa 100

He is handsome though and has a better throw in than Barragan

Maybe just maybe we could finally move on and get a new lb?

Small thing I noticed last night on Twitter was some lad tweeting a bunch of different bookies asking for odds on Hugill signing for us. Wondered if he’d heard something considering Hugills from round here.

None of those back up players are full backs. Shotton isn't a full back. Friend is on the decline. Our first choice options aren't great and our backup is non existent. We absolutely need fullbacks.

Friend is a good fullback, he’ll be first choice this season, Johnson can cover if Friend gets injured, why waste out limited resources on another left back?

Shotton is Pulis’ preferred right back, he was the first manager to see Shotton’s potential and use him at right back, he’s also got a hell of a throw on him. He’ll be first choice RB this season. The fact the McNair and Fry have both had run outs at right back tells me They are in the frame.

We have to sell before we buy, if we don’t sell, I’d be ok with our defence as it is it’s a winger and a striker

That we are short of in my opinion.

George Friend is not a good full-back and hasn’t been for years. He simply doesn’t have the legs anymore and his postionial sense seems to have worsened over the past two years. For me and probably the large majority of our fans, left-back is a priority just as much as another winger.

Nothing wrong with George’s legs, he’s still only 30, that may seem old to some, but believe me it really isn’t.

It just isn’t a priority when we are so strapped for cash.

None of those back up players are full backs. Shotton isn't a full back. Friend is on the decline. Our first choice options aren't great and our backup is non existent. We absolutely need fullbacks.

Friend is a good fullback, he’ll be first choice this season, Johnson can cover if Friend gets injured, why waste out limited resources on another left back?

Shotton is Pulis’ preferred right back, he was the first manager to see Shotton’s potential and use him at right back, he’s also got a hell of a throw on him. He’ll be first choice RB this season. The fact the McNair and Fry have both had run outs at right back tells me They are in the frame.

We have to sell before we buy, if we don’t sell, I’d be ok with our defence as it is it’s a winger and a striker

George Friend is not a good full-back and hasn’t been for years. He simply doesn’t have the legs anymore and his postionial sense seems to have worsened over the past two years. For me and probably the large majority of our fans, left-back is a priority just as much as another winger.

Nothing wrong with George’s legs, he’s still only 30, that may seem old to some, but believe me it really isn’t.

Not sure what meant by legs have gone. I’d say friend is one of our fittest players

Pre-season they haven't looked great but we have no idea what other training they have been doing that day. Lets see how we go at Millwall before we take them all to the knackers yard.

Not sure what meant by legs have gone. I’d say friend is one of our fittest players

Probably have phrased that wrong but what I mean is once he has done his trademark nutmeg and lost the ball or hit the first man, he looks like he’s towing a caravan on his way back down the pitch. His lung busting runs of the past don’t exist anymore.