oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Boro’s recruitment team have identified Hugill as the best option after Vokes, 

A ringing endorsement if ever there was one  :nervous:

We went through a phase of signing injured players or those who had recently come back from serious injuries and now the latest phase we seem to be going through appears to be Sunderland players or ex Sunderland players  :idea:

The N’Diaye link is a strange one. Not sure if he’s what we need and seems to be more of a defensive midfielder if I remember correctly. Had a great loan spell at Sunderland a few years back as well, just don’t see where he would fit.

He's better than Clayton. I think that's the long and short of it.

This

The N’Diaye link is a strange one. Not sure if he’s what we need and seems to be more of a defensive midfielder if I remember correctly. Had a great loan spell at Sunderland a few years back as well, just don’t see where he would fit.

He's taller than Clayton. I think that's the long and longer of it.

I agree.

Raf can you tell us positions? Are these the ones we’ve been playing the waiting game with?

•Blink once for winger

•Twice for full back

•Three times for any other position

I agree.

If we signed him and our chant wasnt "N'Diaye will always love you"(Whitney Houston). I would be more disappointed than when we sold Bamford or when PJ was blinded by a paintball in Byker Grove.

If it gets to deadline day and Traore's still here we should just unplug the phones and wait for it all to blow over.

Take him down to The Hollywood Bowl. It's safe and familiar.

How brutal is it going to be sat there with sky sports news on all evening, especially if there’s the slightest rumour.. which there will be because Twitter exists..

I agree.

If we signed him and our chant wasnt "N'Diaye will always love you"(Whitney Houston). I would be more disappointed than when we sold Bamford or when PJ was blinded by a paintball in Byker Grove.

:D

wasnt me sorry.

2 transfers have progressed today might be some announcement soon on 2 players still a hell of a lot going on.

Fair enough, I know you've said previously that you won't name names but are these players likely to be met with positive reaction? or very meh?

Waghorn is left footed, can use his right and is good in the air. He got 16 goals and 13 assists last season, with some of those coming from taking corners and free kicks.

He's definitely not a winger, but maybe he's Downing's 'replacement'.

He can take left footed set pieces, but also make runs latching on to Traore 's crosses in open play. With Friend anchored to the back four and three in midfield he wouldn't need to track back much.

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Flint --- Gibson --- Friend --

------ Howson --- Clayton --- McNair ------

--- Traore ---------------------- Waghorn ---

--------------- Gestede/Hugill ----------------

That could be the plan.

If it happens, Bamford has paid for Waghorn.

(no room for Britt in this predicted line up, I can't see him getting much game time from Pulis once Gestede is fit).

And all this is based on Traore staying... which I am pretending he is 100% until further notice.

If it gets to deadline day and Traore's still here we should just unplug the phones and wait for it all to blow over.

Not with his shoulder, he’d never have dislocated it if he hadn’t spent so much time bowling. :)

Not with his shoulder, he’d never have dislocated it if he hadn’t spent so much time bowling. :)

I heard he dislocated his shoulder from practicing throw ins, as he has to take them from the right instead of Shotton...