• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After today's game, if I was a striker thinking of joining I would have 1 demand......sign some new mobile players, or play wing, tav and Chapman alongside and behind me whenever they are fit.

Pulis stumbled upon a winning formula last season when gestede was injured and he was almost forced to play bamford. Let's hope he has stumbled on a potential winning formula again with these three, and that if he has, he isn't so dinosaur-like that he reverts back to his style at the first occasion of it not working.

That dinosaur's style of football won us a point yesterday in the final minutes. The first goal was a result of a long punt towards the box and the second as a result of the chaos caused by the long throw.

I'm not gonna defend the performance for the majority of that game but the goals came in a style Pulis would be really proud of. Particularly the first, great ball forward, excellent work by Tav and Britt to forge the opening and deliver the ball into Braithwaite. That's a well worked Pulis goal.

With the links to besic. I really don't see why everyone is so excited to have him back. Yeh he's so much more attack minded than our current set but that's not really much to compare against.

While I'm no season ticket holder and didn't get to see as many games as the rest of you. Whenever I did see him play he was generally missing from most of the games and then when he did pop up to try something attacking it was always either bad decisions a bad pass or just being greedy. Seeing people clear through but instead taking a resiculously wide shot from outside of the box...

Didn't see anything worth the hype in this guy. Must do better

With the links to besic. I really don't see why everyone is so excited to have him back. Yeh he's so much more attack minded than our current set but that's not really much to compare against.

While I'm no season ticket holder and didn't get to see as many games as the rest of you. Whenever I did see him play he was generally missing from most of the games and then when he did pop up to try something attacking it was always either bad decisions a bad pass or just being greedy. Seeing people clear through but instead taking a resiculously wide shot from outside of the box...

Didn't see anything worth the hype in this guy. Must do better

Besic at times was head and shoulders above most midfielders in this league last year.

Who would you prefer that we can afford and would come to us?

@reluctantnicko: WOLVES/BORO - Trying to do Traore this week. Don't want to pay 18 in one hit now. Suggesting pay MORE but over a period of time. Boro have Ritchie at Newcastle on list to replace him. Expensive still. So is Phillips at WBA.

Also,

MIDDLESBROUGH. CARLISLE. Both made a few bob from Wyke move. Not much all the same.

- In all honesty I’d much rather us go for Ritchie it Traoré was to go, don’t get me wrong I like Phillips as well but Ritchie in this division is simply deadly.

Besic despite the hype only shone in a couple of games last season but would far prefer his effort in a Boro team which was not on show from our trusted trio yesterday

???

Besic had a quiet couple of games sure but he ran the midfield in far more than "a couple"

Besic despite the hype only shone in a couple of games last season but would far prefer his effort in a Boro team which was not on show from our trusted trio yesterday

To be fair, the job he does, Besic isn't the type who 'shines'. He was very effective in most games last season, in my opinion