• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Understand #wwfc should complete a club record £20m+ deal for #boro winger Adama Traore in next 48hrs. Wolves will pay an initial £10m, with the rest in instalments and depending on appearances. Complex deal. But personal terms pretty much done. Medical to follow.

FFS

Brentford are run very well. They’re using a money ball approach that’s worked really well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/12/brentford-fc---the-club-thinking-outside-the-box/

We have no long term plan (or appear not to), shown by us selling (nearly) all of the players bought in the last two years. That needs to change and some help from outside to run the club is pretty vital imo. Maybe get a director of football. That said - If people won’t sign or are on too high wages, then there is not much the club can do. It’s a question of the amount we have to spend vs Derby, Forest, Leeds, etc - and if boro/Gibson hasn’t got the cash or desire to spend more of his cash (he’s already spent a fortune!), then I’m not sure what people expect to attract players? (Hint: it won’t be the playing style...)

Don't post here often now but it seems to me we're selling the family jewels and at the moment we have a fairly one paced squad which is going to struggle against the top teams in this league.

We don't seem to have a history of buying big late in to the window and I think this year will be the same. We're going to find it hard to attract real quality now.

I would love to have the plans of Brentford and be just as successful. We should stop making big transfers and just go after cheap outcasts and unknown freebies in the hope that some of them might turn a profit sometimes. It’s a very good plan never to really challenge the promotion race.

Based on what? Our stellar brand of football? How many times have we gone to Portman Road and been done over in recent years? Hell, Brentford have been on the cusp of promotion year-on-year having spent a fraction of what we have. I don't know how people can turn their noses up at clubs like this just because we used to be an established Premier League team. We sure aren't anymore.

I'm not turning my nose up at them.  I have plenty of time for both clubs and for Peterborough as well as it happens.  You compared us unfavourably with the three of them and that's what we're discussing here nothing else.

Brentford haven't been on the cusp of promotion year on year.  They've finished in the Championship play offs once.  Other than that they've finished 9th/10th.  If we finish 9th/10 will you say we were on the cusp of promotion because I bet you wouldn't.  Their best season (5th) is where we finished last season in what many would say was a 'bad' season for us. They operate well on a budget and with a philosophy that I find interesting but if the measure of success is on the field then they haven't quite got there yet.

Ipswich are a club I'd put on a par with us in terms of size although they've been a bit more successful than us historically speaking.  I think you'd be hard pushed to find many of their fans talking about the great football they've played recently.  They've had financial issues and have had to do things a certain way but they've been nothing other than a mid-table side for while now, with only one play off finish that I can see in decade or so.

Understand #wwfc should complete a club record £20m+ deal for #boro winger Adama Traore in next 48hrs. Wolves will pay an initial £10m, with the rest in instalments and depending on appearances. Complex deal. But personal terms pretty much done. Medical to follow

I'll believe it when he's in a Wolves shirt. This has to be the 4th or 5th time he's been going there for a medical.

One thing for certain is we need the likes of Wing, Tav, Fry and Chapman to really step up this season. Even if we squeeze 4 ir 5 signings in before the window shuts we're going to have a thin squad.

I'll believe it when he's in a Wolves shirt. This has to be the 4th or 5th time he's been going there for a medical.

One thing for certain is we need the likes of Wing, Tav, Fry and Chapman to really step up this season. Even if we squeeze 4 ir 5 signings in before the window shuts we're going to have a thin squad.

I don't think it ever got as far as the official sky sports news account tweeting though in any of the other instances did it?

Sky sources: Adama Traore to have medical at Wolves on Monday ahead of club-record transfer from Middlesbrough. #SSN

The one post I’ve been dreading all summer. **** sake.

Presumably dreading but expecting? Did anyone really think he'd stay after we didn't go up last year?

Understand #wwfc should complete a club record £20m+ deal for #boro winger Adama Traore in next 48hrs. Wolves will pay an initial £10m, with the rest in instalments and depending on appearances. Complex deal. But personal terms pretty much done. Medical to follow.

FFS

Utterly pathetic, giving up on 8m more upfront for the sake of a few mil more that we might never actually get. Need to get a grip of whoever has sanctioned that deal.