oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Or they gave us the option.  18m now, 25m over the next 4 years. We lose him either way, but get to pick how.  

If we don't accept the 25m, then they pay the 18m.

Possibly but it feels like they've been stalling precisely because they wouldn't or couldn't pay the whole lot up front.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't replace something like Traore. You'll never find someone who does what he does at this level. Only thing you can do is try to replace his effectiveness one way or another.

I'm sincerely disappointed this is the money we're willing to accept if it's true. After selling Gibson and Bamford, we surely aren't under immediate pressure to sell him for less than we want. Which says we don't want more than £20m. Or as I've said before, we've potentially fell in line with what we've been hoping the rest of the clubs will do and lower our asking prices to move players on. Which begs the question why wait... but oh well.

Been pretty resigned to losing the lad for a long time. But I didn't think we'd bend over and take a deal which doesn't reflect his value to us. I sincerely hope that isn't the case and this represents both immediate and expected long term financial success in selling him.

What a shambles. ... we sell a player who wanted to go (paddy), one who we clearly gave our word we would sell if he gave us 1 more season (Ben) and look like selling a player with a well documented release clause to a premier team who will probably increase his wages. Then to cap it all a player who most didn’t want may now go somewhere else. The club is blamed for this in part because we didn’t just cough up the dough for this player weeks ago.

Get a grip ladies. If a player wants to come here he will, if not he won’t. Nothing to do with scouting or anything else on this occasion. After all if he was crap why would derby want him.

Few days to go in the window. If it closed now with what we have left you would have to say that top 6?would be tough but not impossible.

Mate with the team that started yesterday we'd be lucky to finish top half. Millwall are not a good side and they dominated us for 70mins.

nighttime-incontinence.jpg

Is this where I do that armpit trumpet thing?  :whistle:

That or a simple *Badum tisssh*

I am just baffled over the late night activity here .. There is still plenty of hours to do business and some people are on TILT

From a different perspective, us agreeing a few with wolves would surely mean that we have replacements not only lined up, but pretty much over the line?

Tbh none of the names mentioned really excite me. Hopefully we sign someone out of nowhere like lonergan and flint.

Gibson and co. are gonna have some explaining to do after this window.

What do they have to explain? If you are talking about Waghorn here there is nothing to explain. We waited and got the fee down to 5 million from 8 million but apparently he is choosing another team. You’d probably want an explanation too if we had paid 8 million three weeks ago.

You can't be serious. Maybe they need to explain why this window has been the worst I've seen in living memory in terms of where we stand financially and as a club?

If Derby have offered the same amount as us then surely it will be down to the player's personal choice? If that's the case I'm not sure what the club have to answer for if he decides that he'd rather go to Derby.

Have our priorities changed with the loss of Traore?

I wouldn't have thought so. We were after wingers all summer, the links with Phillips and Adomah were a*** the earliest.

In fact, looking at the glass half full, we might be sanctioning this sale now because we have a winger coming in.

I never normally post on here but am an avid reader. I must admit that I was not overly keen on signing Waghorn and am not overly bothered that he has chosen Derby over us. Reason for this is that I don't think he is worth any where near to the money we were prepared to pay. If we are after a player who can play in a number of forward positions I would much rather go for Forestieri who we were briefly linked with earlier in the summer.

At Meet the Manager last Wednesday, Pulis said he wanted to sign players from the area as they would want to play for us, rather than being here for the money. I think Waghorn choosing Derby over us ridicules this.

From a different perspective, us agreeing a few with wolves would surely mean that we have replacements not only lined up, but pretty much over the line?

Tbh none of the names mentioned really excite me. Hopefully we sign someone out of nowhere like lonergan and flint.

Yeah, we now have £30m available to spend.

Not forgetting that Gibson was on massive wages and I doubt flint will be on half of what Gibson was on.