• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ojo on a loan to buy would make sense, that way if we like him the loan fee isn't wasted and if he does well we get to keep him.

Liverpool don't generally charge a loan fee, they usually just have a penalty for if the player doesn't play enough.

I tend to lurk on here but felt the need to post after reading the incessant negativity and bedwetting which is unrealistic. 

The facts are:

Bamford wanted to go

Traore wants to go

Gibson deserved the chance at a higher level

We have made a significant amount of money on Traore and Gibson

We have brought in Flint who is a very good championship defender and will cover the loss of Gibson

We still have 4 days left of the window

Finally people need to realise Middlesbrough is an unfashionable club. We are in a deprived area off the beaten track. Our glory years where only realised by paying over the top wages. We simply cannot do that now as over the top wages now are heading toward the £50+ bracket. A Championship club cannot sustain that.

Let us reserve judgement about where we stand after 5pm on Thursday.

Honestly I really don't know how some people survive in stressful situations after reading some of the comments on here.

If you have a different point of view then please express it, but is there any need to start off by using the, now rather boring, `bedwetting` jibes. how about coming up with something original !

I tend to lurk on here but felt the need to post after reading the incessant negativity and bedwetting which is unrealistic. 

The facts are:

Bamford wanted to go

Traore wants to go

We have brought in Flint who is a very good championship defender and will cover the loss of Gibson

Finally people need to realise Middlesbrough is an unfashionable club. We are in a deprived area off the beaten track. Our glory years where only realised by paying over the top wages. We simply cannot do that now as over the top wages now are heading toward the £50+ bracket. A Championship club cannot sustain that.

Honestly I really don't know how some people survive in stressful situations after reading some of the comments on here.

Good post.

It's time for the scouting department to earn their money. Hopefully we can pull some good deals out and not jeopardise the future of the club.

On Adama, yes he is irreplaceable and yes I don't want him to go, but we are so reliant on him, it reminds of Spurs when they had Bale, If he had an off day, Spurs had an off day.

Still there is lots to do before the deadline.

The facts are:

Bamford wanted to go

Traore wants to go

If you have a different point of view then please express it, but is there any need to start off by using the, now rather boring, `bedwetting` jibes. how about coming up with something original !

To be honest it is rather "boring" reading all the negative posts. 

Additionally I think I have clearly expressed my feelings in the 168 words I wrote. If you choose to focus upon one word that is your prerogative but it would probably make for a more interesting debate if you instead turned your attentions to my other salient points.

Aye, good post @ron_manager.

For my part I'm still not convinced on Pulis's assertion that Bamford "wanted" to leave. Both RAF Smog and I got the same info from different camps (his Boro, mine Leeds) that Bamford didn't want to leave Boro, had his hand pretty much forced and wasn't given any guarantees over his role in the squad with TP looking at other options. The Leeds lad is still adamant that that's the case.

Not a slight at TP, understand - but we all know he's not entirely transparent in his pressers (the "injuries" last season). He plays the media well and looks to make as positive a spin as possible.

The facts are:

Bamford wanted to go

Traore wants to go

We have brought in Flint who is a very good championship defender and will cover the

loss of Gibson

Good post.

It's time for the scouting department to earn their money. Hopefully we can pull some good deals out and not jeopardise the future of the club.

On Adama, yes he is irreplaceable and yes I don't want him to go, but we are so reliant on him, it reminds of Spurs when they had Bale, If he had an off day, Spurs had an off day.

Still there is lots to do before the deadline.

I agree. I have loved watching Adama play and he will be really missed but he wanted to leave and who can knock him for that but no player is greater than the club and the transfer fee will come in very useful at may be bringing in two good championship players.

Rumours...just wanted to share this i got told on Friday, just shows how rumours start. I was told on friday night by a friend who is friends with Ben gibson, that he had signed a new contract after SG stepped in and that other players in the team were a bit peeved, hense bamford and traore wanting out as well as a few other. Pulis was furious and was considering his future.

So Sunday Gibbo signs for burnely. Just goes to show you cannot trust what anyone itk says. Its so easy to say this and that. Believe nothing till it happens. I remember Wheater telling me directly he was signing for Sunderland, next day signs for bolton. When it happens it only true

For my part I'm still not convinced on Pulis's assertion that Bamford "wanted" to leave. Both RAF Smog and I got the same info from different camps (his Boro, mine Leeds) that Bamford didn't want to leave Boro, had his hand pretty much forced and wasn't given any guarantees over his role in the squad with TP looking at other options. The Leeds lad is still adamant that that's the case.

Not a slight at TP, understand - but we all know he's not entirely transparent in his pressers (the "injuries" last season). He plays the media well and looks to make as positive a spin as possible.

The info I heard was that he wanted to stay but as the number one striker and did not want to play in other positions and he let the management and other players know this. The money he is on he just needs to get on with it.

I like Bamford but the fact he has at the age of 24 been at 9 clubs now says something about his personality and expectations that doesn't seem to match his ability or the opinions of 9 other managers.

I agree it's boring reading negative posts all the time. I'm usually one who puts a positive spin on everything. But there's very little to be positive about this window. We've lost 3/4 of our most liked players and I struggle to see where the replacements will come from. Just need something positive from the club...

looking at paddies fee i think your right, sold at the first offer. if we wanted him we would have held out for a much higher fee. example of this is flint 7mill, BC didnt want to sell and we wanted to sell a cf no way them players in the same league are worth the same fee. its a joke really. pulis didnt like paddy end of.

depressing thing is last summer i thought we dont need a striker paddy and ruddy will be well good enough already. then that jizz stain monk spunked 30mill on strikers we didnt need. and we started the season with only traore as a winger but he barely played him. total clown monk, hes ruined us almost. terrible terrible appointment.

gibson might have the clubs best interests at heart but he really dont have a clue does he. mistake after mistake from him is costing us time after time.