oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're finished transfer wise..i think Pulis has been given the job of selling and reducing wage bill. I also wouldn't be surprised if the club is up for sale soon.

Well that's that then!!!!

Do you wanna have a go at explaining the sale of the family jewels then? with no incomings?

well Adama is destined for bigger and better things than Boro, Gibson needed to progress and had to move to do so, Bamford is a player that only performs now and then and struggled in the system under Pulis. As for the not spending, well i think money will be spent but unlikely to be enough. I doubt the club will be sold but no doubt they are being more careful with the money than at times previously. This is disappointing but I would rather have a club of some sort to support than not. I am no Pulis fan either but his actions may be the grounding for better things. Like you though I am impatient!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't be surprised if we're finished transfer wise..i think Pulis has been given the job of selling and reducing wage bill. I also wouldn't be surprised if the club is up for sale soon.

Do you wanna have a go at explaining the sale of the family jewels then? with no incomings?

We have McNair and Flint, and would you like to wait until the end of the transfer window until you make extreme statements?

I haven't said anything extreme. We've sold our best players and we don't seem to be in a position to attract any big players. That's fact rather than extreme?

We have McNair and Flint, and would you like to wait until the end of the transfer window until you make extreme statements?

I haven't said anything extreme. We've sold our best players and we don't seem to be in a position to attract any big players. That's fact rather than extreme?

You've jumped from selling 3 players to the club being sold... that's quite extreme

well Adama is destined for bigger and better things than Boro, Gibson needed to progress and had to move to do so, Bamford is a player that only performs now and then and struggled in the system under Pulis. As for the not spending, well i think money will be spent but unlikely to be enough. I doubt the club will be sold but no doubt they are being more careful with the money than at times previously. This is disappointing but I would rather have a club of some sort to support than not. I am no Pulis fan either but his actions may be the grounding for better things. Like you though I am impatient!

I do agree with what you've said but there was something desperate in Gibsons 'smash the league' quote past year. Now Ben has gone and he's got to think that ploughing another X amount of cash in to have yet another go, I think he might well think about selling. I don't doubt for a minute that he'd want to sell to a respectable buyer. It has to happen at some point.

You've jumped from selling 3 players to the club being sold... that's quite extreme

I don't agree.

Traore has a release clause and Gibson should have left last summer.  That's the explanation, what else is there to say?

Bear in mind that several of our incomings could be loans... doesn't make it any less frustrating but we may only sign 2 or 3 this week and then still get more in.

PL teams will wait until the window shuts before loaning out surplus to requirements players e.g. likes of Hugill, Besic, Ojo

Traore has a release clause and Gibson should have left last summer.  That's the explanation, what else is there to say?

It says exactly where we are in the food chain...and that with the money we've gained we won't be able to attract the same quality.

It isn't a fact.  It's an opinion.  There is a difference.

Bear in mind that several of our incomings could be loans... doesn't make it any less frustrating but we may only sign 2 or 3 this week and then still get more in.

PL teams will wait until the window shuts before loaning out surplus to requirements players e.g. likes of Hugill, Besic, Ojo

Someone mentioned before something to the effect that you can't have more than two players loaned over the age of 21 at a time. So those two: Besic and Hugill would fill our quota in that department. Then other than maybe Ojo who looks decent, we'd just be developing other teams kids rather than our own...

It says exactly where we are in the food chain...and that with the money we've gained we won't be able to attract the same quality.

Were you confused as to where we were in the food chain before now?  I'm not really sure what your point is?  You asked for an explanation and that's it.  You really didn't need an explanation because everyone knows that's the situation.

Every year we get a ‘Gibson is selling’ guy popping up.

If he was going to sell he’d have done it when we went up, not the season after spending £50m and he probably wouldn’t have brought Pulis in who will be on a decent wage.

In fairness other a have also mentioned that selling the higher earners and making the club self-sustainable is sometimes a prelude to club's being put up for sale.

I'm not sure gibbo wants out but I am convinced we won't have a positive net spend this summer.

I’ve always thought someone like Lazar Markovic is an exciting player. A bit volatile and probably not a pulis player but he would certainly add some wow factor. Is probably one of the players that Liverpool would really like to get rid of. Sticking point is probably the large fee Liverpool paid and he is likely on big wages. Just a year left on the contract though.

Were you confused as to where we were in the food chain before now?  I'm not really sure what your point is?  You asked for an explanation and that's it.  You really didn't need an explanation because everyone knows that's the situation.

No, not at all..but thanks for trying