oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Bear in mind that several of our incomings could be loans... doesn't make it any less frustrating but we may only sign 2 or 3 this week and then still get more in.

PL teams will wait until the window shuts before loaning out surplus to requirements players e.g. likes of Hugill, Besic, Ojo

Someone mentioned before something to the effect that you can't have more than two players loaned over the age of 21 at a time. So those two: Besic and Hugill would fill our quota in that department. Then other than maybe Ojo who looks decent, we'd just be developing other teams kids rather than our own...

I think we can have 8 loans but only 5 in the matchday squad.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bear in mind that several of our incomings could be loans... doesn't make it any less frustrating but we may only sign 2 or 3 this week and then still get more in.

PL teams will wait until the window shuts before loaning out surplus to requirements players e.g. likes of Hugill, Besic, Ojo

Someone mentioned before something to the effect that you can't have more than two players loaned over the age of 21 at a time. So those two: Besic and Hugill would fill our quota in that department. Then other than maybe Ojo who looks decent, we'd just be developing other teams kids rather than our own...

And if we went up and those loans guys had done well then we just buy them. Doubt Everton or West Ham really care about Besic and Hugill, the money they both chuck about. If we have a stinker, then they just get sent back like our loanees did in the Prem season.

It’s only 2 players over 23 from the same club. IE we could loan 4 players from Liverpool but at least 2 of them would have to be under 23.

I hope we get at least a couple of positions sorted by Thursday and we’re not relying on loans.

RW and RB are the positions I feel we need players to go straight in to the starting 11. They allow Pulis to play Shotton at CB if that’s where he thinks he’s strongest (I’d keep Fry personally). Signing Bryan would be good in the long run but at the minute Friend is still a decent LB and he can’t cover any other position.

RW means we don’t play Downing there. With Braithwaite on the left.

Also a striker but not necessarily for a starting position. The bench on Saturday showed why we need a striker, we had Fletcher. I know Gestede is only injured but we need someone that others us a different option. If Britt gets injured we’re screwed.

Everyone else can be a loan player once the window shuts (providing we don’t lose anyone else) but for me those are the 3 positions we need quality signings.

I hope we get at least a couple of positions sorted by Thursday and we’re not relying on loans.

RW and RB are the positions I feel we need players to go straight in to the starting 11. They allow Pulis to play Shotton at CB if that’s where he thinks he’s strongest (I’d keep Fry personally). Signing Bryan would be good in the long run but at the minute Friend is still a decent LB and he can’t cover any other position.

Also a striker but not necessarily for a starting position. The bench on Saturday showed why we need a striker, we had Fletcher. I know Gestede is only injured but we need someone that others us a different option. If Britt gets injured we’re screwed.

Everyone else can be a loan player once the window shuts (providing we don’t lose anyone else) but for me those are the 3 positions we need quality signings.

Be fair to Fletcher. He looked good in preseason and did well when he came on.

-

Maybe the reason Adama is still here is we’re not willing to sanction the sale until a replacement is signed?

Brady definitely not realistic. Played every game for Burnley last season till his injury and they rate him highly. Burke maybe but I think he'll get more game time this season so don't think they'll be interested in selling

-

Maybe the reason Adama is still here is we’re not willing to sanction the sale until a replacement is signed?

To be honest I think Fletcher deserves a shot but I just don’t see him as a lone striker. He came on for Downing and he did well. But would you be happy if we were 1-0 down and took Britt off and put Fletcher on.

-

To be honest I think Fletcher deserves a shot but I just don’t see him as a lone striker. He came on for Downing and he did well. But would you be happy if we were 1-0 down and took Britt off and put Fletcher on.

No. I’d want fletcher on next to Britt

-

No. I’d want fletcher on next to Britt

This is why I want another striker asap because if Britt gets injured I would only want Fletcher to play alongside Britt/new signing not instead of them.

Mentioned Chambers potentially joining Fulham on loan. He only signed a new 4 year deal last month and Emery was quoted at the time in saying he'd be a big part of his plans this season. What a difference a month makes.

Anyone else wondering why we're sticking to a 4-3-3, when we seem to have a really good squad for a 4-4-2?

Randolph

Shotton - Flint - Fry - Friend

Chapman - Clayton - Howson - Tavernier

Assombalonga - Fletcher

Clayton holding, Howson bombing on. Fletcher dropping slightly deeper, Assombalonga on the shoulder of the last man. Quick balls out wide to the wingers, let them run at their men and get it through early. I honestly feel like the 3rd central midfielder really slows our play and numbs our forward threat.

We won't divert from 4-3-3. This is Pulis' system, best to stick to what he knows. He's less likely to have us functioning effectively with a system he isn't comfortable with.

If anything it might be wise to stick with a formation we'd most like use in the PL anyway (for continuity should we be lucky enough to get promoted). Too easily exposed vs better players with 2 CMs.

We won't divert from 4-3-3. If anything it might be wise to stick with a formation we'd most like use in the PL anyway (for continuity should we be lucky enough to get promoted). Too easily exposed vs better players with 2 CMs.

I think if we can get McNair and Besic into the central 3 it might end up looking a lot better. Besic totally changed the whole dynamic of our midfield last year with his forward runs, something we didn't have before (and certainly not against Millwall).