oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Might as well just get a flat back 5 and defend every game then make sure we don't get relegated as we're not going to get promoted!

We aren't. Have you seen our team. We have the slowest midfield since we bought all the Scottish players. Even the most optimistic of fans wearing Boros rose tinted glasses can't possibly see us being a promotion winning side.

We had a shining light last season. He is leaving. We had one truly genuinely premier league quality player. He has left. The one guy who knew how to score goals on a consistent basis has left. Our top scorer from last season is not the managers number 1. Instead he wants a lump up front.

I want us to win the league. But right now, with what we have I don't think we can. And very few Boro fans (taking Off those rose tinted glasses) believe so either.  Playing our kids will give  us something to shout about. Buying some talent would so the same. But again, if anyone thinks we are going to spend all of the incoming money this window then they too are wearing those rose tinted glasses.

If you think we are going to be in any kind of position to challenge for promotion come may then i fear you are going to be seriously disappointed.

And please don't joke about a flat back 5. TP may read this thread, and given his advisors appear to be fairly inept, he may take your advice:P

What’s the opposite of rose tinted glasses?

We have one of the best keepers in the league, we still have a decent defence for the championship, Clayton McNair and Howson in midfield are all solid championship midfielders, we just need the right combination with wide players. Wether we have Britt upfront or Gestede if we get the right wide players in both of those will get goals.

Wing looks like a very good option in the middle, with Tav and Chapman as back up options, all look decent prospects.

I know you hate Pulis but he’s only brought McNair and Flint in (so far) the rest is what he has to work with. Gibson got a prem offer and took it. Traore has a release clause and a prem club came knocking. None of this is on Pulis.

I know we need to make a couple of quality signings to be pushing for promotion but at the same time it’s not that bad. Few good signings and the whole mood changes.

Apologies, but at what stage in the above did I mention pulis? Did I never mention management or philosophy of the manager? I mentioned that the manager wants a lump up front. Every pulis fan knows this.

You appear to have taken this as a slight at the guy in charge of the team. It isn't. It's a slight at what we have become. Slow. Ponderous. Boring.

For me we had a "way". An "identity". We are the last club to play 11 British players in a premier league game. We had a top quality youth system. We are now identity-less. And on top of this we aren't very good.

If you want to bring pulis into the conversation on this point the that's fine by me. But I didn't. You did

Only a slight dig in this post I admit

Not a dig at all. A simple point that pulis prefers a big guy up front than a goal getting striker. That's his way. If that's wrong then i apologise.....But I'm not wrong. It's not a dig.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Pulis vision is/was

Hugil center, braithwaite and Waghorn coming inside from left and right and Freeman/Howson from the center.

Leave those 4 higher up the pitch, hit hugil early and have one of the others following in on his knock downs etc.

Thats plan A, Plan B being set pieces.

I think Pulis vision is/was

Hugil center, braithwaite and Waghorn coming inside from left and right and Freeman/Howson from the center.

Leave those 4 higher up the pitch, hit hugil early and have one of the others following in on his knock downs etc.

Thats plan A, Plan B being set pieces.

i think his plan is clayton or another sitting. then mcnair and besic pushing on with braithewaite and the other wide player supporting the striker.

just watched the millwall game and after listening to pulis interview afterwards not happy with leadboots and clayton sitting so deep and same for stewy. recall some saying stewy was okay. he was utterly useless in every way. about as bad i can ever remember. looked lost. once we had players in the forward positions and in the middle who actually gor forward we slowly took control of the game. if we started with the team that finished we would have won that game. 

you would have thought it was pulis tactic having 2 sit infront of the defense but listening to what he was saying after game i dont think it was. he soon pulled them off didnt he. why else leave howson on. he was actually anonymous all game himself.  clayton was at least getting a foot in as he does. britt is crap to useless. needs players round him of hes ineffectual, so one dimensional like our midfield. except the lads who came on and braithwaite who was the only one i thought looked like he could play for the first hour. though he is still lightweight and a bit meh.

No official bid has been made yet, but Boro are looking to sign Hugill for around £7m. (via @TEAMtalk)

Start *** bidding for players! What the *** are we waiting for!?!?

West Ham paid 10 million, he's played 3 games for them. Might be worth waiting and see if we can get on loan, try before you buy. I just think we won't want to be forking out 7 million.

Looks like villa will be signing john McGinn from hibernian. Great player with bags of potential. Wish we would sign him ????

All this points to a Grealish fee agreed and they're doing some business beforehand.

Looks like villa will be signing john McGinn from hibernian. Great player with bags of potential. Wish we would sign him ????

All this points to a Grealish fee agreed and they're doing some business beforehand.

I read about FFP and the black hole last night... because they are under new ownership so to speak the EFL are more lienient with regards to FFP and have agreed a structure over reducing the deficit over next 2 years so Villa have money to spend on transfers and if they break FFP they pay a fine or possible embargo.

Boro are looking into completing a sensational loan offer for Yannick Bolasie. Crystal Palace are interested but Boro will pay his wages in full in a hope to steal a march on the Premier League side (The Sun Football)

Boro are looking into completing a sensational loan offer for Yannick Bolasie. Crystal Palace are interested but Boro will pay his wages in full in a hope to steal a march on the Premier League side (The Sun Football)

Please let this be true!

Would be a great signing, another player who can get bums off seats, to replace a certain someone  :(

Would be a great signing, another player who can get bums off seats, to replace a certain someone  :(

Would that be a certain someone who's been having a medical for the last 2 weeks?