oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I’ve heard from a few people that Marcus Maddison is a bit of a diva and his attitude has held his career back. Undoubtedly talented but not sure he’s the type of person we need.

Doubt we'd be interested if that was the case, maybe he's changed his attitude?

I think we can afford the chance anyway. It's not like a 2,5 million lower league player can have any demands and if he really turns out to be a dud I'm sure we can make most of money back. Diva or not he has been an instrumental figure in League 1. I'm only going by what I can read though as I've never seen him ;)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve heard from a few people that Marcus Maddison is a bit of a diva and his attitude has held his career back. Undoubtedly talented but not sure he’s the type of person we need.

I think we can afford the chance anyway. It's not like a 2,5 million lower league player can have any demands and if he really turns out to be a dud I'm sure we can make most of money back. Diva or not he has been an instrumental figure in League 1. I'm only going by what I can read though as I've never seen him ;)

Marvin Johnson says hi

been to watch Gateshead a few times as its close by and when he was there he was miles ahead of anyone talent wise and has progressed at Peterborough but yep he does have a high opinion of himself , i once witnessed him sulking to the extent of not bothering to stretch for a pass and taking no interest in the game all because someone else took a free kick goal attempt that he wanted to take . but that was a level he WAS too good for and at this level that attitude may well not exist to the same extent and as you say 2.5 is easily recoupable if he doesnt fit in .

Bolasie move permanent according to Keith Downie. £15m! Nixon also saying that Burnley want £10m for Vokes, and we don’t wanna pay it.

I'd pay 15 for Bolasie but we're right that 10 for Vokes is too steep

Marvin Johnson says hi

I hoped he said goodbye

Bolasie move permanent according to Keith Downie. £15m! Nixon also saying that Burnley want £10m for Vokes, and we don’t wanna pay it.

Get Bolasie done!

Definately. Let's have him. Hope he has a good relationship with Pulis.

If Pulis got Bolasie performing at Palace enough to entice Everton to splash the cash then you would think Bolasie would be interested in getting back on course, maybe not on a perm but....

I'd pay 15 for Bolasie but we're right that 10 for Vokes is too steep

If it's true that we're willing to pay £7m for Hugill, then I don't think £10m for Vokes is that bad tbh!

Think a permanent deal is the only way we can hold a team like Palace off. If they only want to take him on loan Everton will only accept our offer. Might even have Everton pay some of his wages as they are desperate for him to go.

WOW. What a ***ing signing that would be! My Newcastle supporting mate just said that would be one of the biggest signings of the summer. He's too good for this league!

I wonder why the Bolasie link has only just surfaced now, with our obvious need for a wide player and the history with Pulis. Is it because of their signing of Bernard?

Maybe we were hoping we could make a cheaper buy ala Waghorn or we simply thought it was unrealistic. Just last week Everton sent him training on his own with 3 others and that might have indicated that he was available. Maybe Pulis made a personal call to see if he fancies coming here and playing for Pulis again.