oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I think the difference this time round is:

I. Pulis won’t throw money around at the drop of a hat

Ii. We are after the same players as everyone else and then it’s up to the players

Iii. The timelines are shorter

Iv. We have a lot of players other teams want

V. A lot of our better players are showing their age

Vi. A lot of our recent buys don’t easily fit into the current style

All that makes it much harder this time round to reshape the squad.

So it’s gojng to be a compromise more than Gibson not backing the manager or Pulis being stuck on a certain style. It’s all a bit of a muddle.

One thing for sure, if there’s a player we want and he chooses us, it’s never personal terms that stop a deal in the end - see Rhodes and McNair.

So as Mogga said ‘it is what it is’, and we will get on with it.

I think the one interesting piece will be if we are struggling I think Pulis will walk away and Woodgate take over. Which I’m fine with. He seems to have matured and be enjoying the coaching side. And perhaps that will be the start of a new strategy. We’ve been a bit all over the place since promotion. We need to get back on track.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The number of Boro fans may stillbe a majority but based on my nearly 18 years of using the site, the number of trolls/idiots has grown exponentially

So if Boro fans are in the majority then what's your problem?  I get all kinds of *** for things I say on here, fair enough whatever, I don't think I have a tendency to question people's support though, I think that's actually an awful thing to do.  What gives you or anyone else the right decide who genuine fans are etc?

Bolasie is 29 and has had injury problems.  That's not actually the biggest issue though.  The biggest issue is the fairly poor goal scoring and goal creating record he has throughout his entire career.  Not just at Premier League level but even all the way down to League 2.  £15m and 80k wages for that is a very interesting piece of business.  Do people want us to sign him because they think he looks good on the telly or because they think he actually is good?

I'm slightly surprised that nobody has replied to this yet.  Are we interested in him because he looks good on a highlights package or because of what he can add to us?  Would we pay £15m for Downing because their records look kinda comparable, admittedly from a very brief look so that might not be the case when looking in detail.

I wouldn't mind signing him but only on loan. People tend to get hung up on massive transfers and breaking transfer records. I'd rather we sign good players for respectable fees.

I like the idea of him as he is exciting. However, you are right. His productivity isn't great. It's the excitement I want. In fairness adama doesn't have the greatest productivity. With a good footballing brain he could double his goals involved in fairly easily. But I don't want him to leave because he brings excitement

The number of Boro fans may stillbe a majority but based on my nearly 18 years of using the site, the number of trolls/idiots has grown exponentially

So if Boro fans are in the majority then what's your problem?  I get all kinds of *** for things I say on here, fair enough whatever, I don't think I have a tendency to question people's support though, I think that's actually an awful thing to do.  What gives you or anyone else the right decide who genuine fans are etc?

I think the question should be what's your problem.

If you read the posts, the logic is clearly stated. If you don't understand exponential or are just ignoring it to have an argument then please move onto some other topic as I'm not interested.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas x

Bolasie is 29 and has had injury problems.  That's not actually the biggest issue though.  The biggest issue is the fairly poor goal scoring and goal creating record he has throughout his entire career.  Not just at Premier League level but even all the way down to League 2.  £15m and 80k wages for that is a very interesting piece of business.  Do people want us to sign him because they think he looks good on the telly or because they think he actually is good?

I'm slightly surprised that nobody has replied to this yet.  Are we interested in him because he looks good on a highlights package or because of what he can add to us?  Would we pay £15m for Downing because their records look kinda comparable, admittedly from a very brief look so that might not be the case when looking in detail.

I think there are similarities to traore, albeit he is a lot older. He always looked dangerous but lacked end product, but he seemed to find that touch particularly in his last season with palace and first 4 months with Everton. He combined really well with lukaku and set up a fair few of his early goals that season if memory serves me right. He's obviously been set back a year and a half or so by injury and by struggling to reintegrate into the Everton side, but if we can get back to his form just before he got injured hed arguably be the best player in the league.

That said, a loan would be the best move for us because he comes with a large risk factor.

I wouldn't mind signing him but only on loan. People tend to get hung up on massive transfers and breaking transfer records. I'd rather we sign good players for respectable fees.

I like the idea of him as he is exciting. However, you are right. His productivity isn't great. It's the excitement I want. In fairness adama doesn't have the greatest productivity. With a good footballing brain he could double his goals involved in fairly easily. But I don't want him to leave because he brings excitement

If he delivers what we buy him fore then the fee is worth it.

The size of the prize is huge and we've (with traore) sold enough to cover ourselves for Ffp.

If you read the posts, the logic is clearly stated. If you don't understand exponential or are just ignoring it to have an argument then please move onto some other topic as I'm not interested.

You were trying to start an argument with people on here questioning them as Boro fans.  I suppose that would be my problem if anything.

I have just been catching up on this thread during lunch. Glad I am not the only one that thinks that this would be a very risky move. Some people could be blinded by the Everton price tag, but he did very little at Everton before his injury, I think all his goals for Palace came in mostly one hot streak. I'll happily eat humble pie of he comes and tears the place up, I just don't see it personally

I think there are similarities to traore, albeit he is a lot older. He always looked dangerous but lacked end product, but he seemed to find that touch particularly in his last season with palace and first 4 months with Everton. He combined really well with lukaku and set up a fair few of his early goals that season if memory serves me right. He's obviously been set back a year and a half or so by injury and by struggling to reintegrate into the Everton side, but if we can get back to his form just before he got injured hed arguably be the best player in the league.

That said, a loan would be the best move for us because he comes with a large risk factor.

I suppose my caution would be around whether he can get back to that one bit of form he's had in his career.

You were trying to start an argument with people on here questioning them as Boro fans.  I suppose that would be my problem if anything.

can you point out where I was trying to start an argument with people? 

from what I can see, you're the one trying to cause an argument. 

and as I said, not interested mate.

ciao xx

• Like 1

Has anyone been to Rockliffe to see if Adama is there or heard whether he is or if it's actually true this time that he is in Wolverhampton.

Whether he's there or not is irrelevant really, Traore has told people he's definitely going to Wolves.

If he delivers what we buy him fore then the fee is worth it.

The size of the prize is huge and we've (with traore) sold enough to cover ourselves for Ffp.

And if we loan him he can still deliver taking away all of the risk of him failing to deliver. And if it's a loan with an option to buy we get all the upside with no downside.

on a slightly side topic

i am so sick and tired of the amount of negativity and moaning from so called Boro fans on this and other forums- you are not Supporters or fans - simply based on your own posts and comments. You're followers, who will take any and every opportunity to be negative, and if an opportunity doesn't exist you try to create it!

I wish there was a fair way of getting rid of you all, but there isn't, you're sadly free to share your negative opinions on these forums and the real fans who support this club have to suffer your repetitive crap over and over again.  I wonder how many pages we would lose if we deleted all the repetitive posts attacking the club, manager, owner and players?

Sorry has to get that out, please return to your normal transmission

There you go to refresh your memory.  Try and be as clever as you like but it's there in black and white. 

Do another kiss thing at the end of your next message to pretend you don't care x

can you point out where I was trying to start an argument with people? 

from what I can see, you're the one trying to cause an argument. 

and as I said, not interested mate.

ciao xx

The last reply sounds like admitting defeat ...