oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

TP: Adama was my best buddy. At the beginning he looked a bit sullen, at the end he was bright. I hope the fans realise the want to play in the PL @ the top level. I don’t know if it’s a done deal, I’ve just come out of the dressing room.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What did he say about Braithwaite? Someone elsewhere suggested as though it sounds like he will be going as well.

The only thing I've seen so far is:

TP: Martin has done well, Britt did well for an hour - tired toward the end. But to pick one would be unfair.

I think we just played 3-5-2 in that game to match up against Sheffield United. Nullifies them well because we had a more talented player in every position.

Precisely. We did the exact same in the 2nd half at Bramall Lane last season and pretty much dominated them after a shocking first half. He adapted us into a formation that suited playing against them and he even changed us back by the 2nd half when Woodburn came on. They lost their shape so we went back to something we knew and understood better. Then we were pretty much playing 5-4-1 at the end.

I'm more confused after reading all his comments than I was before he talked to Gibson which is good but I mean we're at Tuesday we've known the state of play on Adama, Gibson and Waghorn since Saturday not sure what's meant to have happened in between. It just feels like given the choice between us who have George Friend in the team and Villa who have Neil Taylor if I was Joe Bryan I'd probably choose Villa just because I can see an easier path into the team.

I think we need 3 permanents by Thursday and if we're going to throw around Braithwaite still leaving then the loan market talk rings a little hollow I mean we'd be fighting half the league for the same loan targets from the Prem I don't see how we can fill all of our gaps with loans unless we make 3-4 permanent signings of top end targets we'll see.

So this is what he says about Braithwaite

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay. Everyone wanted Gibbo to stay. Everyone wanted Patrick to stay. But that's not the world today that we live in. You know, if the lads are offered stuff and they wanna go, it's very, very difficult to stop them."

The presser has just gone up. 2 things of note, first that someone asked about Braithwaite's future and Pulis responded saying something along the lines of:

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay, everybody wanted Gibbo to stay, everybody wanted Bamford to stay... but players get offered things and they might want to take up those options"

The other thing of note, I detected a certain Phil Tallentire in the audience, his very distinctive tone... are the Gazette allowed back in altogether? Or are they just choosing to send Phil and Vickers now and leave Dom out of it?

So this is what he says about Braithwaite

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay. Everyone wanted Gibbo to stay. Everyone wanted Patrick to stay. But that's not the world today that we live in. You know, if the lads are offered stuff and they wanna go, it's very, very difficult to stop them."

What’s he trying to say? That if a good offer comes along Braithwaite wants to move and we can’t stop him? I suppose that’s the reality of being a championship team and not a top division team.

The presser has just gone up. 2 things of note, first that someone asked about Braithwaite's future and Pulis responded saying something along the lines of:

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay, everybody wanted Gibbo to stay, everybody wanted Bamford to stay... but players get offered things and they might want to take up those options"

The other thing of note, I detected a certain Phil Tallentire in the audience, his very distinctive tone... are the Gazette allowed back in altogether? Or are they just choosing to send Phil and Vickers now and leave Dom out of it?

I dont think the Gazette were ever banned, just those 2 individual ones so the whole gazette decided to do a boycoutt or whatever.