oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Any news on De Sart?

Strange that we haven't heard about him ... and he is not on the bench ...

If we don't get Besic, I would rather have him on the Bench, than Leadboots .. I love what he has done for the club in recent years, but he is over the hill, if you ask

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lewis Wing looks like the Central Midfielder I’ve been asking for for years, comfortable to carry the ball forward, an eye for a pass and not afraid to give it out when needed. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

Ikr when was the last time we seen a cm skip past their midfielders, run into space and play someone in out wide. Thought he started quite shakey but just grew into the game, brilliant!

Any news on De Sart?

Strange that we haven't heard about him ... and he is not on the bench ...

If we don't get Besic, I would rather have him on the Bench, than Leadboots .. I love what he has done for the club in recent years, but he is over the hill, if you ask

Id love to see a midfield of Besic, Howson and Wing based on tonights game

Have to admit I thought Shotton was immense at rwb haha!

I was massively encouraged by our performance in the first half, 1st to every ball, swarmed them when they had it, wing and howson were outstanding and totally dominated them specially later on when Wing seemed to grow in confidence and Howson had the best game Ive ever seen from him in a Boro shirt. We almost immediately looked like the Boro of last season when those 2 went off.

I thought everyone was immense first half. The system suited everyone and we were better than them in every aspect. Downing looked super at lwb, the 3 centre halves looked like they've played that system for years. Wing made the midfield look threatening and the other two cms had more room to do their thing. Braithwaite looked menacing and Britt looked good too. Massive credit to pulis for playing that system. He must have thought it was a bit of a gamble.

Not entirely sure why he changed it at half time. But the game was won by then. Just hope he has the courage to keep playing to the players strengths.

Disappointed with the statements after, particularly the cryptic ones about Braithwaite. He seemed to give his all tonight and I would hope that any movement won't be because we have pushed him for something that happened last season. If he is willing to put the effort in I can't see us getting anyone better for his price. I'd rather have him playing like he did tonight than a Phillips or ojo.

Lewis Wing done well considering it was his first game at this level but it wasn't anything to make me think that he's the answer to the CM problem this season. Sheffield United got absolutely caught out with Pulis' tactical set up from the start and also his switch after half time so, without wanting to take anything away from Wing, it was a very easy game for him to come into. When he faces tougher tests and proves himself then I'll start to consider him good enough to be a regular first team player. I obviously hope he does that.

I imagine if Braithwaite asked to leave in January, Pulis might still be a little irked about it, so he's saying these things to get a positive reaction out of the player? It's a possibility at least.

Can’t imagine he’s brought his entire family including 3 or 4 toddlers back to Teesside today, if he’s intending on leaving again ASAP. He could’ve left them where they were while sorting his future out.

I understand Pulis' statement about Maaaartin ( stupid welsh accent) ... That people wanted Bam, Gibbo and Adama to stay, but they left.. and people wanted rid of Maaaartin, who played peeeerfect today from the staaart, but he is here to stay!

The win today was great but it just paints over some massive gaps. We have some serious business to do before the transfer window shuts on Thursday if we're going to put ourselves into a position of challenging for automatic promotion. I've got full faith in Pulis making the best out of this bad situation due to his pragmatism so I'd trust him to make far more decision right than wrong. I dread to think of the mess someone like Monk would have made with us selling our three best players.

The win today was great but it just paints over some massive gaps. We have some serious business to do before the transfer window shuts on Thursday if we're going to put ourselves into a position of challenging for automatic promotion. I've got full faith in Pulis making the best out of this bad situation due to his pragmatism so I'd trust him to make far more decision right than wrong. I dread to think of the mess someone like Monk would have made with us selling our three best players.

Yeah I’d agree, I was kind of shocked how we started and played the first half, the worry was when we switched to the preferred system in the 2nd half we seemed to revert back to type.

There was a lot of unessesary hoofing and aimless long balls going on still and I felt we gifted possession away to easily at times, we just didn’t seem that composed in our defensive 3rd, not to mention that comical mess up where their striker got through on goal.

Sheff Utd were also terrible they would never have scored if we were still playing now. All in all was a refreshing game and it was won by half time, I’m just trying not to get carried away as although they were more disguised, the old problems were still there.

So this is what he says about Braithwaite

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay. Everyone wanted Gibbo to stay. Everyone wanted Patrick to stay. But that's not the world today that we live in. You know, if the lads are offered stuff and they wanna go, it's very, very difficult to stop them."

Don’t think it was just about braithwaite. He can’t say for certain who we leave if a good offer comes in for a player anybody could leave.

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay. Everyone wanted Gibbo to stay. Everyone wanted Patrick to stay. But that's not the world today that we live in. You know, if the lads are offered stuff and they wanna go, it's very, very difficult to stop them."

Don’t think it was just about braithwaite. He can’t say for certain who we leave if a good offer comes in for a player anybody could leave.

He literally was asked "What about Martin, does he have a future here"

Yeah I’d agree, I was kind of shocked how we started and played the first half, the worry was when we switched to the preferred system in the 2nd half we seemed to revert back to type.

There was a lot of unessesary hoofing and aimless long balls going on still and I felt we gifted possession away to easily at times, we just didn’t seem that composed in our defensive 3rd, not to mention that comical mess up where their striker got through on goal.

Sheff Utd were also terrible they would never have scored if we were still playing now. All in all was a refreshing game and it was won by half time, I’m just trying not to get carried away as although they were more disguised, the old problems were still there.

We have something like 7 games in 28 days, and it's a very long season, so to win the game at half time and just cruise home in the second half could help us in the coming games. No reason to risk injuries, yellow cards or just fatigue. United were getting a bit dirty in spells and putting in some rough tackles. I get that it's only the second game of the season, but we need to save ourselves when we can and at 3-0 up inside the first half that was a good opportunity. All that said it would have been good to smash a few more goals in.

I’m not quite sure about that. At the moment it would be madness to sell him. Why would he actively want to sell what is now his best attacker with 2 goals in 2 that has played 90 mins in both games and actually shows some desire. Pulis really needs to get over it. It’s not like Braithwaite is sulking or showing a poor attitude.

I get that you really like him but I don't think the manager shares your opinion.  Actually, I'm not sure anyone does, even Martin's parents  :P

I don't particularly like him more than anyone else, but I appreciate that he is our best attacker now that Adama is gone and he has shown a real desire in the two games  so it's not like he doesn't care or won't put in the effort required. I would be a bit annoyed if we sold him for 8 million to replace him with Philips or Bolasie for 15 million plus more wages. We need to keep him and add another.

He literally was asked "What about Martin, does he have a future here"

Yes he was but he gave a general answer. He didn’t mention braithwaite.