Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GraemeBailey

Adama Traore completes his move to Wolves - deal believed to be worth around £24m

It's good if we have managed to get some extra money from the deal, also the less they pay upfront the less Villa get to sort out their FFP issues :funny:

Bailey is going against the club with that though, surely?

The club stated that Wolves triggered a release clause. Pulis has said "We all know what the clause is" which is kind of half true as it's been reported as £18m or £18.5m.

So if we've got a deal 'believed to be worth around £24m', they surely didn't trigger the release clause? Unless there are different forms of the clause we aren't aware of, which brings to question Pulis' statement that we all know what it is.

Confusing. We've either got ~£18m or a deal worth ~£24m.

Wolves don't help. They're not disclosing the fee! Transfermarkt have it down as the £18m.

Hope we spend the money on quality and not just throw it about.

I'd like to see us keep some for January as well. The signings we made last time made the difference for us going up.

Gutted he's gone but we relied on him far too much. He'll be better in a time with more than just him as a threat.

If what Pulis said last night about people coming into this club and blowing money away for the sake of it is anything to go by, the money will go if the right players are found and will otherwise stay where it is.

If Graeme Bailey is to believe we've sold him for 24 million which is a lot of money. Rather that over 4-5 years than 18 million at once.

Thats

Adama 24 mil

Bamford 7-10 mil

Gibson 15 mil

barragan 1 mil

And we've bought

McNair 5 mil

Flint 7 mil.

That puts us about 35 million minimum in the black on fees. Plus a lot of money saved on wages. We really need to get some quality now.

Tough one to swallow that.... although Adama is not the finnished article yet, you will struggle to find a player anywhere with his set of skills, let alone one that will come play for us again. A truly unique player that single handly has the ability to carry a whole team, almost literally! (Have you seen those muscles!) Im just happy i have got to see him in a boro shirt. He is going to be massive for Wolves, thats for sure. But, when one door closes, another one opens... hopefully! Maybe this can be a blessing in disguise. We have probs been way to dependent upon Adama, now we have the oppertunity to have focus on being a more collective, dangerous in more than one area type of team. Just trying to see the positives and all that!

Going to miss that boy like crazy!

@GraemeBailey

Adama Traore completes his move to Wolves - deal believed to be worth around £24m

It's good if we have managed to get some extra money from the deal, also the less they pay upfront the less Villa get to sort out their FFP issues :funny:

Bailey is going against the club with that though, surely?

The club stated that Wolves triggered a release clause. Pulis has said "We all know what the clause is" which is kind of half true as it's been reported as £18m or £18.5m.

So if we've got a deal 'believed to be worth around £24m', they surely didn't trigger the release clause? Unless there are different forms of the clause we aren't aware of, which brings to question Pulis' statement that we all know what it is.

Confusing. We've either got ~£18m or a deal worth ~£24m.

Wolves don't help. They're not disclosing the fee! Transfermarkt have it down as the £18m.

Could have been a straight choice for us. Accept 18 million now or 24 in installments. It's a lot easier for the club to just say that they triggered the clause. FWIW I hope the club chose more money.

There's a thread on FMTTM saying that Besic and Hugill were both at the game last night and will be announced today, and another thread saying that Hugill was spotted having his breakfast at Rockliffe this morning

If Graeme Bailey is to believe we've sold him for 24 million which is a lot of money. Rather that over 4-5 years than 18 million at once.

Thats

Adama 24 mil

Bamford 7-10 mil

Gibson 15 mil

barragan 1 mil

And we've bought

McNair 5 mil

Flint 7 mil.

That puts us about 35 million minimum in the black on fees. Plus a lot of money saved on wages. We really need to get some quality now.

And fabio

I thought Wing had a decent game last night and I think he'll be in and around the match day squad this season. I certainly wouldn't be building the team or the midfield around him like some have suggested though, I think that's getting a bit carried away.

I've seen enough of Britt to know he won't ever suit this system, I expect Hugill to come in because he can hold the ball up and then the season will be determined by the wide players that come in. If we can get 2 creative wide players that can chip in with goals I'll fancy us to do pretty well.

I don't think anyone suggested we buiuld the midfield around Wing, in fact I think I was most enthusiastic and even I said that I hope he can continue it over a few games.

Assombalonga's hold up play last night was actually really good. When he's up for it he's as strong as an ox and can hold the ball at his feet well, needs somebody close to him like Braithwaite most of the time last night.

With Will on both points here.

We are all in the same place regarding Wing, I suspect. For me, the telling thing was that physically he dropped off in the second half. He wasn't the only one I guess but he in particular looked like he was dragging his feet across the turf about 15 minutes before he came off. It's a long old season and the lad isn't physically developed enough to play 40+ 90 minute games a season. But let's hope he keeps his head down and works hard to maintain that level of performance.

As for Britt, his hold-up last night was great. He often sprinted out into spaces on the wing and picked it up, kept hold of it, dazzled the defender with a trick or 2 before giving it to a player who'd just come to join him up the pitch. It didn't come off every time and his decision making wasn't always the best but apart from perhaps his stamina last night, he showed he had all the physical attributes to do that role well. Certainly helped that he had someone pretty close by in the first half, mind.

There's a thread on FMTTM saying that Besic and Hugill were both at the game last night and will be announced today, and another thread saying that Hugill was spotted having his breakfast at Rockliffe this morning

Good but we need full backs and wingers too.

Right... it’s time for Gibson and Bausor to get their fingers out of their backside and sort this out. This window has been an absolute shocker on their behalf. They’ve got about 30 hours to turn it around.

plleeeasseee be true

So sad Adama has gone. Don't personally think Wolves is a good move for him.

Hopefully they misuse him get stuffed every game and we sign him back for 5m when they get relegated and we get promoted.

Last year there was a lot of smoke and mirrors with signings. I think we will get what we need over the next few weeks. I am sure Vokes is our main target and if WBA sell Burnley Ridriguez he will come.

Our window shuts on the 31st of august. Thursdays deadline is just for the Prem clubs. We can still get 8 loans after that and potentially agree that it turns permanent on january 1.

I'm not as confident in the loan market as some.

The parent clubs won't be motivated to loan out any quality players. If they are looking for a loan to permanent deal, why not just sell now? It's more of a straight forward deal and they get the cash sooner.

For example, why would Burnley loan us Vokes? He's an asset worth £12-15m and they will need him for their UEFA Cup run. Why would he want to come here? He can fight for his place in a Premier League team in Europe, not scrap in the Championship away from his home and family.

We'll also have to beat off competition from every other Championship Club, who will all be chasing any players that are actually available for loan.

They'll be the usual younger players available to loan (a la Harrison, Baker) but they are hardly going to change our season.

If we don't get any deals done before Tomorrow 5:00pm, I can't see anything particularly exciting/useful coming our way via the loan market.

I feel that if this was really true, in this day and age, somebody would have got their phone out and taken a photo of them. So, as much as I’d like it to be true, especially Besic, I’m not convinced.