oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

If Burnley are still an option, he'll know. And whilst that's the case, he will surely not think twice about hanging on. He'll know we can probably still deal with him when the window is closed if he's still stuck at Everton and is convinced that's an awful place for him to be. I don't think he'll mind how Burnley play and whether or not that suits him. It's still Premier League football and he'll fancy his chances to succeed there.

Yes - I think we're going to be at the back of the queue for loan deals until the end of August.

The market will be focused on permanent deals today for sure.

And let's be fair, there could even be some potential loan interest elsewhere in Europe when our permanent window is closed. He could at the very least wait for top-level interest from elsewhere if he's been given any indications that Everton would sanction that.

Premier League/Championship Clubs can still sell to foreign leagues as their transfer deadline isn't until end of the month...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Middlesbrough are trying to sign Everton midfielder Muhamed Besic on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/11466720/middlesbrough-trying-to-sign-muhamed-besic-on-loan-from-everton

Confused why we would try for a loan for him when we know he has been decent for us and have the money to spend. A buy would be a good option... possibly the hold up as they want to sell and we want to loan with Leeds working out if they can afford to buy.

Besic might only want a loan with it being a Championship sides who're after him. His ambition will almost certainly be to play in the Premiership, so ignorant he moves on loan and helps a team get promoted he may get that wish. Or he can put himself in the shop window as he did with us last season.

Middlesbrough are trying to sign Everton midfielder Muhamed Besic on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/11466720/middlesbrough-trying-to-sign-muhamed-besic-on-loan-from-everton

Confused why we would try for a loan for him when we know he has been decent for us and have the money to spend. A buy would be a good option... possibly the hold up as they want to sell and we want to loan with Leeds working out if they can afford to buy.

I wonder if both permanent and loan are on the table in case we can’t get it done in time.

Loan with obligation/option to buy gives us longer than the 5pm deadline

Just a thought

Maybe the player doesn't want to sign for a championship club

Yannick Bolasie left Finch Farm early this morning. Didn't train with squad. Hearing #Boro are closing in on season-long loan deal. 1.5m loan fee. #EFC

Daniel Jacobs - Metro Sport Journo

I'd be happier with a loan deal, gives both us and the player wriggle room.

Yep that's the best scenario for me. I'd still love us to pull in a big money move on a younger player. Like a Ollie Watkins type. 

Besic (loan or perm)

Bolasie loan

Watkins or similar ilk (10-15m ish)

Would still like to see some fullbacks come in but I haven't even seen us linked with much really.

I think a major reason we're going for loan on all these PL players rather than permanent is you don't know where we'll be in a year we might fail miserably and have Steve McLaren back as manager with a bunch of PL players with big fees on big wages. Saying all of that don't think we can get away with not reinvesting in a couple of permanent transfers today no excuses for me we need a senior winger contracted to the club and preferably a midfielder and a defender contracted as well.

Premier League/Championship Clubs can still sell to foreign leagues as their transfer deadline isn't until end of the month...

Of course, yeah. Daft as a brush. I'd be surprised if a permanent transfer from elsewhere came about though. I think Bolasie himself might want to stay here in the long-term and you'd have to wonder who elsewhere in Europe would stump up the asking price.

Different news outlets are reporting different things, one is reporting £4m bid permanent another reporting loan. So maybe we’re covering our bases depending on wether Everton want to sell or not. With the 5pm deadline in mind

Besic might only want a loan with it being a Championship sides who're after him. His ambition will almost certainly be to play in the Premiership, so ignorant he moves on loan and helps a team get promoted he may get that wish. Or he can put himself in the shop window as he did with us last season.

Indeed, as mentioned earlier, pretty sure I saw Besic was only really interested in a loan deal to the Championship.

Just to put a downer on that Bolasie on loan tweet, the guy who tweeted it claims to work for an agency for sports journalists but isn't listed in the agencies list of staff members so it's possible its a fake. That being said, he's been on twitter since 2014 and this is his first actual tweet.

Yeah very true on the Besic answers - Thanks.

I guess the loan moves are good as well with Pullis only having a year remaining on his contract. Means a new manager can come in and do his own business relatively cost effective with not having to get rid of a load of players he doesn't fancy for his system.

Could be what he is thinking after saying a number of times past managers have come in and spent a small fortune in his opinion not decent quality. Helps for future proofing the club in the event we don't make promotion.