oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

BBC Merseyside Sport

@bbcmerseysport

TRANSFERS: Middlesbrough are close to agreeing the terms of a loan deal for Mo Besic. It's understood that the #EFC midfielder has chosen a move to the North East ahead of a transfer Leeds United.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we could sign Besic and hang on to the rest of our squad, I’d be quite happy. Not the most eventful of transfer windows, but far better than last years car crash when we threw away millions.

We would be way too slow and weak in wide attacking positions if it stayed like this imo. No cover at full back either.

Downing and Braithwaite are a decent pair of wingers with Tav and Chapman as backup, I can live with that.

Most of our defenders can cover at fullback, it’s the easiest position on the pitch.

We may not have that much pace, but what’s wrong with a slow build up, it worked for the great Liverpool and ***nal teams of the past.

Regardless of what we need in the team, How someone can be happy with pocketing 40 odd mil on out going transfers and not investing it in the team is baffling to me.

Let face it though, none of us know if any of this money is being ‘pocketed’. Given our massive outlay last season and the fact we must have one of the highest wage bills in the league, and we had a large squad and the fact that parachute payments run out, maybe we have just been sensible about revinvesting some of the money, but making sure we are viable in years to come. Just because the club rightly haven’t come out and said ‘we have to sell’ doesn’t mean they don’t, I find it baffelling why people think every single pound coming in from player sales (which we don’t know how it’s structured) should go on new player transfer fees, given that we know that without additional none continuous funds the club looses money year on year.

Worst thing that could happen is what happened last time we were relegated where we splashed all the money upfront, missed out on promotion and then couldn’t invest properly for another 5 years.

Spot on, but most on here think they are playing a game of football manager.

Everton defender Cuco Martina set for loan move to Middlesbrough. #EFC #Boro #DeadlineDay

Is it only 2 loans from the same club? If so we can't get him, Besic & Bolasie all on loan.

I tested Martina out yesterday a few people had doubts about him but I think he's attack minded and under Allardyce covered both FB positions and has played wingback a lot.

Is he a right or left back?

Right Back, but think he can play either. Remember him smashing an Essien style goal against ***nal a couple of seasons back. Everton fans don't like him, I'm starting to wonder which of their own players they actually like  :nervous:

Is he a right or left back?

Right back, CB and defensive Mid

Hmm probably rules out Byram or Kalas then.  Don't know anything about him so can't comment on whether that's good or not.