oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Howson looks like he is much more suited to the conventional 442 system. yet another player we have signed in recent years (butterfield,christie,Assombalonga, stuani, just off the top of my head , there will be a good few more) that dont fit into the system we adopt or are not played in ways that benefit thier main attributes. 

the one exception has been Traore under pulis but where as his own form has changed for the better , one thing ive noticed especially in the last two games is that the players round him are second guessing what his final decision will be (tbh even he himself doesnt seem to have the greater picture in his head its all really whatever happens in the moment ) its exciting a lot of the time but ultimately we dont have a planned move or a link play that more than one player is aware of in the final third ...we need to be as well drilled in the front 4/5 as we are in the back areas and with this in mind Traore being sold may be a blessing in disgiuse as long as the replacements are capable of knitting together as an attacking unit .

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Priorities

1. Secure Besic.

2. Can't see Traore and Gibson staying. Move them out asap.

3. Replace them immediately.

4. CREATIVITY. Wide areas.

5. CREATIVITY. Through the middle.

6. Replace George Friend.

7. Move out Fletcher.

8. Increase strength in depth and competition for places.

Priorities

1. Secure Besic.

7. Move out Fletcher.

All of this.

Unless the tiny chance that Adama stays becomes a real possibility.

Braithwaite going will bring in 6m from them triggering their buy clause.

That will be completed in the summer window too along with potential sales of Gibson & Adama. We will likey move on De Sart, Fletcher and more surprisingly Britt has potential to leave.

I think him and Bamford are very similar and Pulis or anyone coming in will maybe want one of them and we will see two a strikers come in. Gestede will probably stay unless he can be replaced with someone just as tall/strong with better ability.

OH, think Martin Cranie will be shipped off too.

Money won't be an issue. Another parachute payment, plus considerable funds from the sales of Traore, Gibson and Braithwaite will more than fund what's needed to come in.

My main concern is that our recruitment team is still in place despite its repeated failings...

Priorities

1. Secure Besic.

7. Move out Fletcher.

All of this.

I think Adama leaving isn't as certain as some are saying. Hopefully we can keep him.

Gibson, if there's interest at a price we're happy with we should sell him, he deserves to move on and grow which he won't do in the championship.

So who do we reckon will be left of the 'Old Guard' come August? By that I mean players who connect us back to the Karanka and even Mowbray teams of our previous time in the Championship. There have been some mainstays for several seasons now, and I think a few could be on the way out.

We could quite realistically see Friend, Leadboots, and Downing become surplus to requirements. Fairly in my opinion, as all have been great servants of the club but are no longer good enough to start for a top end Championship team let alone the Prem. Gibson could be sold. If Pulis brings in his 'Rondon type' then sadly I think Bamford may leave us too. That leaves Ayala and Fry? Dimi...?

New squad with a new identity. Not sure what my point is, apart from it being interesting to see how a squad and dressing room evolves over the seasons.

I wouldn't be too gutted if Gibson moves on, his style of play definitely suits the Premier League more than the Championship and I'd wish him luck. Then it would be getting a replacement or starting the season with Fry/Shotton alongside Ayala?

Priorities

1. Secure Besic.

7. Move out Fletcher.

All of this.

I think Adama leaving isn't as certain as some are saying. Hopefully we can keep him.

Gibson, if there's interest at a price we're happy with we should sell him, he deserves to move on and grow which he won't do in the championship.

If there is one slight positive about Adama having a poor playoffs it may be a slight glimmer of hope the big boys don't think he's worth what we are undoubtedly asking. 

Its also the only way in hell we'll be getting promoted under Pulis.

Was chatting to some villa fans in the pub after last night and they seem really concerned about what happens if they don't get promoted. They stop getting parachute payments and apparently their wage bill is unsustainable so will need to make sales to stay afloat.

If this is the case and they stay down I'd be looking at Chester to replace Gibson, maybe consider a move to bring adomah back and Snodgrass will likely be available from West ham on a cut price deal or loan.

Are you sure they stop with the parachute money? I’m quite sure that teams that have been in the Prem for a number of years get more than two years of parachute money whereas teams that go straight back down like us only receive two years of parachute payments.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-14501383

Found this today. From reading that it sounds like they'll be in trouble if they don't go up. Seriously hoping for Fulham to win now as I don't think they'll be as badly off if they don't go up and will make another serious attempt to go up next season.

Actual transfer rumour..

Denis Kolinger from Lokomotiv Zagreb for £1million (The S*n)

Height 1.97m. Sounds legit.

New full back