oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

No word of any outgoings? Would mean The Ass still being around and Fletcher perhaps going out on loan.

I'd rather have Byram than Martina, but either would suit what we need in that position.

That still on, yeah I'd agree with you there.

Looks like no left backs on the way

Aye... went to put the squad together and that did concern me. Unless he's considering Downing at LWB in the 3-5-2 an alternative?

Hardly surprising since Friend has been captain.

can Martina play RB and LB?

Martina's a RB/LB after Allardyce converted him to cover Baines' injury last season he played 20 odd games in that position and did alright.

I imagine if Martina does come in, that ends any further recruitment for defenders. He covered for Leighton Baines at left-back despite being a right-sider naturally. He covers a fair few positions for us if needed.

If we land Besic and Freeman,

Besic, Freeman, Howson, Clayton, McNair, Wing

Has to be one of the best pool of CMs in the league?

You forgot Leadbitter !

If we land Besic and Freeman,

Besic, Freeman, Howson, Clayton, McNair, Wing

Has to be one of the best pool of CMs in the league?

You forgot Leadbitter !

Leadbitter's too busy pointing and shouting at the lifeguard to be considered part of the pool.

Reports

Besic £6m permanent (Sky)

Bolasie improved bid in plus player (Sky)

Bolasie Everton don’t want loan (Sky)

Martina loan (can’t remember who said this one)

Wallace 5m (mirror)

Think you mean Freeman there mate haha.

:D yup bit carried away

Aye... went to put the squad together and that did concern me. Unless he's considering Downing at LWB in the 3-5-2 an alternative?

He did pretty well there tbf

The Byram thing is interesting though because apparently West Ham only want to sell him not loan him out, which is what Forest are offering. So maybe we're buying Byram for RB and loaning Martina as cover for both full back positions, he could be this years Martin Crainie