oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

It could be that we want martina and byram, byram to start martina as Fabio type cover.

Haha beat me to it

It could be that we want martina and byram, byram to start martina as Fabio type cover.

Haha beat me to it

martina first team prem player elegated to back up and now you think he would come here to be backup. no chance imo.

I would be over the moon with Byram, I've wanted us to sign him for years, tidy player.

Byram would be awesome - he must have been mentioned in nearly every window for the last 3 years.

And imagine Karanka's frustration if we swoop in!

Do it Boro - we've got the funds.

Haha beat me to it

martina first team prem player elegated to back up and now you think he would come here to be backup. no chance imo.

He's hardly a first team player at Everton, he's behind Digne and Baines at LB and behind Coleman at RB

The Byram thing is interesting though because apparently West Ham only want to sell him not loan him out, which is what Forest are offering.  So maybe we're buying Byram for RB and loaning Martina as cover for both full back positions, he could be this years Martin Crainie

Don't see it personally. I think it will be one or the other. Probably Martina.

Aye, I wouldn't drop a division on loan to play back up personally.

exactly, no way would anyone with any ambition as a footballer be a first teamer (okay might be a backup but still first team squad with a good few appearances in the prem) to drop a division to be the same. he'll be first choice for us.

It could mean Shotton to centre-back if Martina comes in, too.

BBC reckons Bolasie to Burnley

To be fair firms like BBC and TalkSport won't even put up any transfer business unless its someone going to a Premier league club.

TalkSport's "North East" report this morning was embarrassing.

It could mean Shotton to centre-back if Martina comes in, too.

Aye, I'd imagine Shotton would be in the mix for CB and RB with Wood there as the 5th option in the centre. Shows just how much one signing can do for a squad.

BBC reckons Bolasie to Burnley

To be fair firms like BBC and TalkSport won't even put up any transfer business unless its someone going to a Premier league club.

TalkSport's "North East" report this morning was embarrassing.

Talk sports ‘newcastle’ report You mean. Half an hour tapping on about Rafa followed by oh yea boro want players aswell.

I just popped in to talk about Martina... Now my best mate is an Everton fan, in fact 4 of my close mates are, so I end up seeing plenty of them.

My mate describes Martina as the worst professional footballer he's ever seen and can't stop laughing that we're looking at him. I've seen a fair bit of him and honestly, he absolutely appalling. I have no idea what we see in him, he genuinely is terrible. You know that saying "he's got two left feet", Cuco plays like he's got buckets at the end of his legs.

Having said all that; Freeman, Besic, Bolasie and Wallace would be really good additions, so you take the rough with the smooth I guess! If Bolasie can get near his pre-injury form he'll tear it apart, and I don't think anyone needs me to tell them about the other three. Really happy if we can get those over the line.