oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

5 at the back?

GK

RWB, CB CB CB LWB

CM CM

RW ST LW

Signing all these midfielders makes me wonder if we might actually go that way and play mcnair as the ball playing cb. Can’t see where else he fits in with howson, besic, wing and us bidding for Freeman

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just popped in to talk about Martina... Now my best mate is an Everton fan, in fact 4 of my close mates are, so I end up seeing plenty of them.

My mate describes Martina as the worst professional footballer he's ever seen and can't stop laughing that we're looking at him. I've seen a fair bit of him and honestly, he absolutely appalling. I have no idea what we see in him, he genuinely is terrible. You know that saying "he's got two left feet", Cuco plays like he's got buckets at the end of his legs.

Having said all that; Freeman, Besic, Bolasie and Wallace would be really good additions, so you take the rough with the smooth I guess! If Bolasie can get near his pre-injury form he'll tear it apart, and I don't think anyone needs me to tell them about the other three. Really happy if we can get those over the line.

what would your everton fan mates make of shotton playing right back for them. just to gauge the comparison :D

to be fair the everton fans probably still think they should be a champions league team. they have always overestimated their stature. guess its a liverpool shadow thing, like the mackems always being in jawdees shadow so they try to overcompensate by bigging it up.

I believe 3-5-2/5-3-2 will just be an option we matched up against Sheff Utd, but as England proved if that's your only option you can be found out, think we'll use 3-5-2/5-3-2, 5-4-1, 4-5-1 & 4-3-3 depending on the circumstances, players and if we're leading or chasing a game.

The deadline is looming, anyone else getting nervous?

Yes, very.

Yes very very ! As it stands we have swopped Hugill for Bamford, swapped Gibson for Flint and bought McNair to play we don't know where. We are seriously lacking pace on both flanks now and guile in midfield. Its going to be a big couple of hours

Everton are refusing to entertain loan bids for winger Yannick Bolasie on deadline day.

Burnley have registered their interest in signing the 29-year-old but are only offering a short-term deal at this stage.

Everton are not willing to let Bolasie leave on loan but would consider any offers for a permanent transfer that are made today.

Bolasie has been eyed by a host of clubs this summer with Burnley, Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough showing the strongest interest in the closing days of the transfer window.

But, at this stage, Bolasie looks like staying at Goodison with the Blues refusing to discuss a loan move for the player who joined the club in the summer of 2016 in a £25m deal from Palace.

Everton have not been pushing for the DR Congo international to leave but have remained open to offers this summer.

You can put in the transfer proposal sheet thing aswell which gives you a few more hours to get things sorted if it isnt quite done by the deadline. Plenty of time yet.

I just popped in to talk about Martina... Now my best mate is an Everton fan, in fact 4 of my close mates are, so I end up seeing plenty of them.

My mate describes Martina as the worst professional footballer he's ever seen and can't stop laughing that we're looking at him. I've seen a fair bit of him and honestly, he absolutely appalling. I have no idea what we see in him, he genuinely is terrible. You know that saying "he's got two left feet", Cuco plays like he's got buckets at the end of his legs.

Having said all that; Freeman, Besic, Bolasie and Wallace would be really good additions, so you take the rough with the smooth I guess! If Bolasie can get near his pre-injury form he'll tear it apart, and I don't think anyone needs me to tell them about the other three. Really happy if we can get those over the line.

what would your everton fan mates make of shotton playing right back for them. just to gauge the comparison :D

to be fair the everton fans probably still think they should be a champions league team. they have always overestimated their stature. guess its a liverpool shadow thing, like the mackems always being in jawdees shadow so they try to overcompensate by bigging it up.

Haha there's definitely an element of that with them, I see that a lot, especially when they were talking about trying to get Ancelotti in as manager.... BUT! On this occasion, I can verify that he is in fact that bad. As I say, I unfortunately end up watching a lot of Everton and he is bloody hopeless! Conversely, he's not over the moon abut selling Besic as he really rates him.