oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Is Besic confirmed then or not?? Nervous here!

They'll probably announce it around 6:00-7:00pm once it's all be confirmed and they've made a nice 'welcome back Besic' image for social media...

Well played Boro.

Worst transfer window I can remember. What the hell has happened to the 40m we just got in?

I've had it on good authority we've just been relegated.

Some guy on twitter claiming we’ve got Besic and Adomah and have asked for an extension on Bolasie.

He’s a complete nobody like but I’m trying to cling on to any possible glimpse of hope.

Well played Boro.

Worst transfer window I can remember. What the hell has happened to the 40m we just got in?

Signing half the SPL for decent fees and huge wages was the worst. Closely followed by the January one after when we got Killen, Flood & Barry Robson

Well played Boro.

We'll probably announce three great deals later. Just too busy with the admin to make the announcements at the moment.

Well played Boro.

We'll probably announce three great deals later. Just too busy with the admin to make the announcements at the moment.

And we can sign players until the 31st so it's not even done.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts

• You were missed after the Derby game, it's good to see you back. Two goals in two games now, the lad is on fire 💪
    • Assombalonga wasn't a mythical striker who scored goals for fun at this level though.  He scored 15 goals and then 14 goals before he joined us.  He then scored 15 goals and 14 goals for us.  We got exactly what we paid for, it's just that we paid far too much for him in the first place.  I'm not sure what it is about this that people don't get, unless they convinced themselves he was a 20+ striker somehow? Hugill is a beast of a striker.  The best season Hugill has had at this level was last season when he scored 13 goals.  He's only ever hit double figures twice at this level.  When they played in the same team, Hugill got 6 goals, Assombalonga got 14, albeit Assombalonga played more minutes, but he didn't play double the minutes.  Ah, but Hugill is the better all round player.  Hugill has 7 assists in his career at this level, Assombalonga has 6.  Hugill is a beast, Assombalonga is rubbish 🤷‍♂️ I think the bigger problem we have is the expectations that we place on some of these players.  The likes of Boyd and McDonald were players who had done ok at a relatively weak level of competition only.  Rhodes did well at this level but in a different set up to the one he joined when he came here, and we made no attempt to replicate that - that's one reason why an owner shouldn't decide to buy players. I'd say that we have three strikers who appear to be much of a muchness.  I doubt any of them would hit 20 a season at this level, they'd all top out at around 15 I reckon.  All you can do, as you mention, is attempt to play to their strengths as much as possible, or accept that if you don't then you will get inconsistent performances.  15 goals a season from a striker is fine, unless you spent £15m on that striker, in which case that's your own fault for not understanding what you are purchasing.
    • Similar thoughts to Changing Times. I don't have that much interest in returning until the crowds are back properly.
    • I cannot believe some are still trying to defend Britt! Must be to save face. As a player, he has gone backwards. 2 goals in 2 games can easily be misconstrued. His first, everyone’s granny could have bscored that. The penalty? Good penalty. This fails to cover up his deficiencies. The guy should be working on his game - maybe he is. Frankly, if this is the case it isn’t working. He is one of the weakest links we have.
    • Thanks for that. Seen a few reports about the test games but they only tell you about the seating arrangements