oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

The people involved in our recruitment must be the most incompetent in English football. If someone can name a team that’s had a worse window I’ll be amazed

Spurs?

They didn't sign anyone but fended off interest in their biggest stars. They have a fairly complete squad already so their window hasn't been too bad. Ours has been a disaster.

I wouldn't say ours has been a disaster just yet. We have the whole loan window ahead which the club knew in advance.

Why is there any confidence in the loan window?

Previously when loan windows were allowed in the championship after the main window closed we have done shocking business. In about 5 years in the championship under the loan window rules we signed one good player in ayala. It's not easy to do business when the team were doing business with cannot replace that player from their squad. We will be left with dregs.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fricken hate agents.

I don’t even understand how it works for footballers. Every other professional that requires a agent Actors, singers etc have to pay their own agent from the money earner in the deal they help secure. How come in Football that cost is pushed back onto the club??

We can loan a player in the next few weeks and then sign them at anytime with the view to it being made perminant during the next window. The fact the window closes today is irrelevant for anyone but the premiership.

It’s exactly like we signed Tomlin. On loan but made perminant almost immediately

Did we really wait until today to start discussing the figures with Besic and his agent?

Did we seriously expect Millwall to sell their best two players a few hours before the window closed?

We've had 3 months to do our business but left the majority of it until the final day again. How many transfer windows can we keep failing in until someone gets sacked?

We are a complete embarrassment.

Agree with all of this - except I’d add the twist that the strategy was designed to fail. We wanted to give the appearance of trying to sign players. We’ve done it before.

No sane person would have done what we did today if they were actually trying to make the deals happen.

I fricken hate agents.

I don’t even understand how it works for footballers. Every other professional that requires a agent Actors, singers etc have to pay their own agent from the money earner in the deal they help secure. How come in Football that cost is pushed back onto the club??

I'm sure they do pay them like normal, then the agents require another payment. Baffling!

The people involved in our recruitment must be the most incompetent in English football. If someone can name a team that’s had a worse window I’ll be amazed

Spurs?

I knew someone would say Spurs but in reality they really haven’t. They’ve kept all their biggest stars and already have a fantastic squad with great balance all over the pitch

We can loan a player in the next few weeks and then sign them at anytime with the view to it being made perminant during the next window. The fact the window closes today is irrelevant for anyone but the premiership.

It’s exactly like we signed Tomlin. On loan but made perminant almost immediately

We were bidding for Millwall and QPRs key players there is no chance they're letting us loan to buy them when all they can do is loan players to replace them.

Spurs?

They didn't sign anyone but fended off interest in their biggest stars. They have a fairly complete squad already so their window hasn't been too bad. Ours has been a disaster.

I wouldn't say ours has been a disaster just yet. We have the whole loan window ahead which the club knew in advance.

Why is there any confidence in the loan window?

Previously when loan windows were allowed in the championship after the main window closed we have done shocking business. In about 5 years in the championship under the loan window rules we signed one good player in ayala. It's not easy to do business when the team were doing business with cannot replace that player from their squad. We will be left with dregs.

If Premier League teams don't register players they are useless to them (Besic & Bolasie) these could be with an obligation to buy so is basically a permanent move anyway. I agree with what you are saying about the loan window but times have completely changed since then, many more deals will be obligations or with a view to buy. Still plenty of youth players that will want moves.

We were bidding for Millwall and QPRs key players there is no chance they're letting us loan to buy them when all they can do is loan players to replace them.

It's a domino effect, they'll do a loan deal with the obligation. We can panic when no one signs come the 31st but until then we'll be fine.

Spurs?

I knew someone would say Spurs but in reality they really haven’t. They’ve kept all their biggest stars and already have a fantastic squad with great balance all over the pitch

Plus Spurs are building a new stadium so no signings makes sense.

Also they haven’t teased their fans with a load of late activity that had no chance of coming in.

#faketransfers

Spurs?

Plus Spurs are building a new stadium so no signings makes sense.

Also they haven’t teased their fans with a load of late activity that had no chance of coming in.

#faketransfers

You really think they weren't trying to sign these players? :funny:

I fricken hate agents.

I'm sure they do pay them like normal, then the agents require another payment. Baffling!

And I’m sure Fifa trying to change it so agents can get paid by both clubs involved. Premier League are blocking it at the minute they want fees capped at 5% or something like that.

Well I hope we don’t sign anyone near the start of the loan window, no bargains to be had there. We should only start looking when the prices come down right on the last day so that if we *** it up we’ve got no chance to make it right.