oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

On so we signed no one, today, we're unbeaten in the league, still have all the players we started the day with and now have 3 weeks to sort this mess out. I'm sure there's strong words being exchanged within the club but for once can we keep sense of perspective. No one died we're still in business and clubs know if they loan us wide players we'll have to use them as we have nobody else. UTB

But from this position last week we have sold our three best players and haven’t replaced a single one

but not one of them fought to stay or played in either of the games.

What’s your point? Players want to play at the top, and they have no chance of getting there with Boro. Perhaps if we showed some ambition they might have stuck around for a bit.

Regardless Traore was injured and bamford and Gibson were dropped

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One question. I mentioned either yesterday or the day before that I only expected loans and that my belief was the club were seriously tightening purse strings but someone said that we definitely weren't given the kids we had on the table (not sure who said it). Can we now be told who those bids were for? It was made out that we had some fairly substantial bids in. Now that the transfers aren't going through surely we there is no harm in making us aware who these bids were for.

Think it was RAF - and totally agree would be good to hear what the bids were no harm now!

who cares theyve all made a pigs ear of it, again.

Oh yeah but dont worry weve got another 3 weeks to fix our problems even though weve already had 3 months to do it.

People still suggesting downing will be good as an attacking midfielder.... Why is he suddenly going to start tearing it up 3 years after signing?

Just accept our team is worse than last season, our players who needed replacing are older and our best player never got replaced. God forbid if Braithwaite leaves aswell.

If you didnt want promotion you may not be to bothered, but if youre expecting us to compete at the top with this team your going to be dissapointed.

Agree with every word of this, things aren't ok because we've weekend our squad massively and it wasn't good enough anyway as last season showed.

For me you can forget about promotion now barring a miracle in the next few weeks (and who can trust the recruitment side of the club anymore).

I spend a ***ing fortune every April renewing season tickets (4 months before the season has even started), the least I expect is the club to try. I'm having trouble actually believing that we tried to sign players today, it looks that disorganised that it feels like a charade to keep the fans happy.

One question. I mentioned either yesterday or the day before that I only expected loans and that my belief was the club were seriously tightening purse strings but someone said that we definitely weren't given the kids we had on the table (not sure who said it). Can we now be told who those bids were for? It was made out that we had some fairly substantial bids in. Now that the transfers aren't going through surely we there is no harm in making us aware who these bids were for.

That was Raf_Smog

Jesus I leave for a meeting with an hour to go of the window and it is still as reasonably positive as it can be. I have just come back and it has all gone to hell. As far as our recruitment team go, how do you spell incompetent ?

Well I'm pretty sure that whatever harm it could have done Raf before will remain, the trust is still broken and the club could quite easily still track down the source. It'd be great to get an insight if possible but I'd rather it not be at the expense of Raf's situation.

So can we loan players now or does this loan period re open next week or something?

Yeah, so we could still loan Besic tonight,if we wanted.

Didnt know about tommy smith to be honest. Jordan Hugill is desperate to come here but he is not TP no 1 target he is a back up plan he is testing water at burnley for either wood or vokes. QPR are in big trouble financially so we are playing the waiting game for freeman again he isnt desperate for that to happen. Sam byron is no 1 target but we are waiting for bristol city to lower demands on him. adomah wants to move to london but we are a number clubs discussing with him. That is all i know accept pulis has told us too look for buyers for adama and told to take a fee believed too be between 15-20 mill this is what i sent out a couple of weeks ago had a few update since then but nothing I can publish yet

That was the original I put out about 5 weeks ago, don’t worry about it but don’t want to be the guy who thinks he knows anything and gets stick for posting snippets i hear. So will refrain from posting it and enjoy it as a rumour forum from now on

For those who I didn’t pm this is what I pmd those who asked.

I also messaged people this morning who asked that the club weren’t optimistic in signing anyone permanently and have a list of players who they are pretty confident they will get on loan, think about it use the loan system well rest of this month and bank the money to maybe have a push in January or the summer hopefully for premiership. The big offers were for bolassie only stumbling block structure of payment to everton and chris wood that was closer than what people thought stumbling block was Rodriguez.

There was never any secret and I pm anyone who asked.

I've missed most of today but get the impression we didn't sign anyone. I really think that the club's safe option and rightly so is to loan with an option to buy. If for whatever reason we don't go up we can send them back and try again without all the risk of wages over a longer period of time like with a long term contract. It's lame as it's an anti climax but we can still do good business. We won 3-0 the other night with a team with no additions to it.. all good guys..