oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Couple of quick points

If it was so easy to do all deals earlier then everyone would. We did flint and McNair early because all sides were happy. If we had coughed up £10m for besic 3 weeks ago we would have got him , maybe another £15 for a winger and £20m for a forward for good measure. Deals that need negotiation take time

I was at Millwall and we were crap for the first hour or so but perked up when the kids came on. Last season we lose that game but this season we battle to the end. Millwall are not a poor team and will finish top 10

Sheffield Utd are also decent but we made them look poor first half

As fans all we deserve is that the club try’s to improve the team. I think they tried but at the end of the day couldn’t get deals over the line but showed we weren’t desperate. We will I believe get 2 or 3 quality loans in next few weeks

Win on Saturday and we stay top of the league. This final one is tongue in cheek but true all the same

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s 2 games. You can’t tell that much from two games. We’ll see in a month or so (post loans etc) if this team is any good. I’m not feeling optimistic, but who knows...

Either way the club will come under some stick (rightly imo) for how they managed the transfer window. It’s no good delaying to get better deals late and then missing all of them. On top of that, trying to sign 4-5 players (apparently) on the deadline day makes us look a bit desperate - which won’t attract players for loans. The recruitment guys have dropped the ball. I hope Pulis is happy to stay on (given his reasons for leaving palace included a lack of transfers) but if he does walk then I wouldn’t blame him.

So being outplayed by a team that finished behind us last season is a good thing?

When we where without Adama and Gibson I think a 2-2 draw isn't all that bad. Ayala also injured along with McNair our new signing. They had the exact same team, ours will take time to adjust and gel and we'll get flying.

I think I have you figured now Mackie, come on own up, you have been employed by Steve Gibson as a PR consultant to put a positive spin on all negative social media comments. How much are the club paying you, is this where the missing millions have gone ?

Hahaha I've got to admit it does sound that way with a lot of what I'm saying lol. I just have huge faith, rightly or wrongly, in Steve Gibson. Will soon find out if I'm right to. But sadly the money isn't going into my pocket. :(

Hes the one man at the club I don't have faith in. I lost faith in him completely when he gave Steve Agnew the job of keeping us up.

I'm not saying his heart isn't in the right place but I've got no trust in him to make good decisions.

I agree that was a huge error. I still believe Karanka would have kept us up.

Regardless I think his thinking was even if he doesn't keep us up if he does a good job, he'd get it full time. In hindsight maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad thing as I don't believe he could have done any worse than Monk and would have been a lot cheaper.

Couple of quick points

If it was so easy to do all deals earlier then everyone would. We did flint and McNair early because all sides were happy. If we had coughed up £10m for besic  3 weeks ago we would have got him , maybe another £15 for a winger and £20m for a forward for good measure. Deals that need negotiation take time

I was at Millwall and we were crap for the first hour or so but perked up when the kids came on. Last season we lose that game but this season we battle to the end. Millwall are not a poor team and will finish top 10

As fans all we deserve is that the club try’s to improve the team. I think they tried but at the end of the day couldn’t get deals over the line but showed we weren’t desperate. We will I believe get 2 or 3 quality loans in next few weeks

Win on Saturday and we stay top of the league. This final one is tongue in cheek but true all the same

I agree with all of this.

I think it is not all doom and gloom but time will tell for sure.

Didnt know about tommy smith to be honest. Jordan Hugill is desperate to come here but he is not TP no 1 target he is a back up plan he is testing water at burnley for either wood or vokes. QPR are in big trouble financially so we are playing the waiting game for freeman again he isnt desperate for that to happen. Sam byron is no 1 target but we are waiting for bristol city to lower demands on him. adomah wants to move to london but we are a number clubs discussing with him. That is all i know accept pulis has told us too look for buyers for adama and told to take a fee believed too be between 15-20 mill this is what i sent out a couple of weeks ago had a few update since then but nothing I can publish yet

That was the original I put out about 5 weeks ago, don’t worry about it but don’t want to be the guy who thinks he knows anything and gets stick for posting snippets i hear. So will refrain from posting it and enjoy it as a rumour forum from now on

For those who I didn’t pm this is what I pmd those who asked.

I also messaged people this morning who asked that the club weren’t optimistic in signing anyone permanently and have a list of players who they are pretty confident they will get on loan, think about it use the loan system well rest of this month and bank the money to maybe have a push in January or the summer hopefully for premiership. The big offers were for bolassie only stumbling block structure of payment to everton and chris wood that was closer than what people thought stumbling block was Rodriguez.

There was never any secret and I pm anyone who asked.

Thanks for the info mate.

I for one I appreciate your posts and I appreciate you been honest and not attention seeking like other members

yes please keep posting mate much appreciated

Couple of quick points

If it was so easy to do all deals earlier then everyone would. We did flint and McNair early because all sides were happy. If we had coughed up £10m for besic 3 weeks ago we would have got him , maybe another £15 for a winger and £20m for a forward for good measure. Deals that need negotiation take time

You're missing the point of why people are angry about the Besic deal.

Generally a buying club will speak to the agent before a deal is completed between the two actual clubs, although this isn't supposed to happen it's the norm when conducting transfers.

Surely common sense would be that we've had some dialogue with Besic's agent before today to discuss his contract and the agents slice of the pie.

It makes no sense to wait until this afternoon to start negotiating with the agent, surely you have to have some sort of contingency plans.

I think regardless of signings, I wouldn't read too much into either of the performances so far. The first match of the season is often a bit of a discrepancy with all kind of variables playing a part,and obviously due to a quirk of the fixture list we played again a few days later when hardly any other teams do.

We'll work out soon enough whether we're more the team of the first 85 at Millwall, or the team of the first 45 against Sheff Utd.

Weve also got all last season to compare it to as its pretty much the same team.

Nobody is going to convince me that this transfer window hasnt been a shocker or that were only '1 or 2 off promotion'.

If you want to call me a bed wetter or whatever then just listen to that Pulis interview where he said we arent good enough for promotion and say the same to him aswell.

Couple of quick points

Generally a buying club will speak to the agent before a deal is completed between the two actual clubs, although this isn't supposed to happen it's the norm when conducting transfers.

Surely common sense would be that we've had some dialogue with Besic's agent before today to discuss his contract and the agents slice of the pie.

It makes no sense to wait until this afternoon to start negotiating with the agent, surely you have to have some sort of contingency plans.

What point am I missing? Until you agree a price for a player you can’t discuss terms. Thems the rules don’t you know

Couple of quick points

As I said before though, agents can say what they want to get a deal going and can still move the goalposts later on if they sense something bigger is in it for them. I'm not convinced the club would only find out the agent's intended fee so late in the day either but there's no reason the one quoted to begin with is still the same later.