oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

There’s nothing that a nice cup of tea in the morning doesn’t solve. Good morning to all of you, now that the wretched transfer window is over, we can concentrate on the players that we do have, rather than ones we don’t.

It’s going to be an interesting season, so get behind the lads rather than moaning that they aren’t good enough, let’s bash the Brummies and extend our lead at the top.

UTB!!

Just having a nice cup of tea now Billy. Well said

I’m on my second already, Blanco.

Tea is disgusting

Innit bruv. Almost as disgusting as our transfer window to date.

Get out, the pair of you.

(Regarding tea)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just having a nice cup of tea now Billy. Well said

I’m on my second already, Blanco.

Tea is disgusting

Innit bruv. Almost as disgusting as our transfer window to date.

Get out, the pair of you.

(Regarding tea)

It’s not popular with the teenagers, I guess.

I actually agree with everything he said. We do however need at least three players on loan. It would have been better really that one or two of those had been permanent deals.

I think his comments about not being good enough to get promoted may make the players here want to show him. It may also make the chairman get his finger out regarding loan deals.

Anyway only 21 days to go and we will all know!!!

Clearly disappointed over yesterday but ultimately would of known the risk of deadline day... personally think we will fill all 7 remaining loan spots

isn't only 3 on the pitch at any one time?

name 5 in the squad, start 3 you have to take off 2 to use the other 2?

From MFC:

Tony Pulis says that Boro are continuing to work hard to bolster the squad this summer.

Thursday afternoon saw the deadline pass for English clubs to bring permanent transfers, but EFL teams still have the option to bring in up to eight loan players until August 31.

And the Boro boss says focus now shifts to bringing in new faces from that loan market.

“Last year we had targets, and managed to reach the play-offs and improved the players we had here,” Pulis said.

“But I think the reason we fell short was because of a lack of depth.

“We generated enough income and enough money this summer to put the club on a sound financial base, which I think we did with the sales of [ben] Gibson, [Patrick] Bamford and Adama.

“What we’ve wanted and needed to do is improve, which unfortunately we haven’t managed to get those players through the door.

“That’s a desperate disappointment, and it will be a disappointment to everyone within the football club.

“There’s still openings to sort stuff, and there has to be more depth to this squad. It’s got to be a busy next few weeks.”

Mo Besic, who enjoyed a successful spell on loan with Boro in the second half of last season, was one such player linked with a permanent return to the club yesterday.

“I’d love to have him back,” Pulis said.

"But I don't want to put any blame on Mo. It’s not just Mo, there were eight or nine players who fell through for all sorts of reasons.

“We’ve had a real positive start on the pitch.

“That disappointment’s got to be washed away, and the supporters have to get behind the boys.”

Well let us all hope that it does not include the player that has publicly ridiculed us if rumours are true

Which rumours are they?

Bolasie’s instagram story

I’d appreciate it if someone could translate it though :P

I'm assuming when he says 8 or 9 fell through he's including ones that we never managed to get accepted bids for, because if we've failed at negotiating personal terms with 8 or 9 players that'd be a new low.