• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we get a utility full back than can cover both sides we are definatly well stocked at CB. Flint, Fry, Ayala and Shotton are all good at this level. If we keep Braithwaite I don't think we need two wingers as that would severly limit the possibilities of Tav and Chapman, although I guess it's very possible that we are going to let Chapman join Mogga to get a lot of minutes in this league.

I was going to say rather tongue in cheek that at least we will not have the immediate and usual circumstances of one of our signings being crocked straight away and being unavailable for a period of time.

Then I found out about Hughill not being available until after the IB due to injury.

Said it before the devil does like farting in our direction come transfer window time

Loved the comment about the fans now needing to get behind the boys. Like that's ever in doubt. It's comments like this that are starting to really **** me off about the club.

They either completely lie about going for targets or are massively inept at their job and then put the onus on the fans to back the team, like they think we will turn on them for the club being liars or just *** at their jobs.

We will always support the lads that wear the shirt. No matter how good or bad as long as they put the effort in. The club should know this. However, there seems to me to be something very wrong at the club at the minute. Whether that is lack of transparency, lies from the top, just sheer ineptness, I don't know. What I do know is that they are losing the trust of pockets of fans, and they need to win it back.

Reading Pulis' comments I'm not so sure he has as much faith in the loan market as others do, oh and nice to see he's banging on about how we spent millions before he came I mean yes but we brought in millions we were on a net spend of like 5 million last summer he needs to cut that BS out he's been here 2 windows and brought in Martin Cranie, Harrison, McNair, Flint, Hugill and Besic with 4 of them being loans.

It's all good I'm sure the geniuses who couldn't find players to buy for weeks then tried flashing 20 odd million at clubs key players on the last day will be all over this loan market we'll have Bolasie and Ojo through the door in no time I don't know why I'm worried.

I'd have just said *** it and signed Besic, I know it's the principal of not bowing down to agents. But it's made the fans a bit apathetic, as long as we get him at some point I suppose it won't matter...

Of course you would. What’s a million anyway. We will sign him on loan and save the money and being ridiculed by a greedy agent.

This is what I really don’t understand. The agent could probably have had 500k in his pocket for a permanent deal. But surely he won’t get anything like that with a loan?

I would have thought it in the agents interest to get a deal done especially if personal terms weren’t an issue

[some] Agents are greedy c****. I think a decent number of them put their own interests in front of their players'.

SOME players aren't the brightest, and pretty much do/believe whatever their agents tell them.

Personally think there's a lot of overreaction regarding the strength of the squad. We are short in some areas, undoubtedly, but we don't need an overhaul to get to where we need to be.

The loan system too - can be difficult to get the best out of players, but if we're potentially looking at some loan>perm deals, then I can't see so many downsides with that.

4 points from 2 games. I think the signings we've already made will prove to be useful. Some promising youngsters proving their worth. Plenty of money in the bank. Plus add at least Besic and a winger and we'll be in fairly good shape long-term for the season.

A good solid win over Brum tomorrow will definitely help the mood ... !

I had a feeling, that we wouldn't bring in any players on DD, cause we wanted to wait for the loan to buy period .. (which technically is a prolonging of the actual transfer window) Loan to buy - Buy direct .. Not the big diff ...

For some not explainable reason I have a feeling, that our youngsters will have lots of gametime this fall, and will prove to be much better, than we could imagine/expect ...

Ideally, it would be great, in ten years time to look back and remember the young batch, that turned out to be really great and helped us gain promotion...

It's just MY hopes and dreams, I am not saying it is fact .. So don't knock my rose tinted glasses off me please...

UTB

Personally think there's a lot of overreaction regarding the strength of the squad. We are short in some areas, undoubtedly, but we don't need an overhaul to get to where we need to be.

The loan system too - can be difficult to get the best out of players, but if we're potentially looking at some loan>perm deals, then I can't see so many downsides with that.

4 points from 2 games. I think the signings we've already made will prove to be useful. Some promising youngsters proving their worth. Plenty of money in the bank. Plus add at least Besic and a winger and we'll be in fairly good shape long-term for the season.

I agree. I'm not half as disappointed with the transfer window as most seem to be. (And I've been accused of being negative in the past).

On the subject of leaving it late, and greedy agents. EVERYONE knows that there's tonnes of money in English football. The problem is though, that this leads clubs to 'try it on' regarding valuations. Early in the window you get quoted nonsense prices, in the hope (by selling club) that someone takes the bait.

(Having said that.... I guess we did that a bit last year with Assombalonga and Fletcher. The Ass is worth about half what we paid... and Fletcher probably about a third)!

Hugill out until the end of the month with a hamstring injury

He got that trying to escape after he realised how much of a mess we are but Gary Gill and his minions caught him and dragged him back  :cowboy: :fist:

We don't need an overhaul, but we need an injection with a pretty big syringe full of creativity. We also have 2 full-backs in our squad and one of them is primarily a centre-back. If George Friend gets injured right this second, who plays at left-back? Johnson or Downing. Does that not fill you with any concern?

He got that trying to escape after he realised how much of a mess we are but Gary Gill and his minions caught him and dragged him back  :cowboy: :fist:

Don’t worry Gestede is back training next week

Don’t worry Gestede is back training next week

Phew! Does he fancy a spin at full back?