• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is Antonio on that list?? Hed be quality as an adama replacement.

Someone not on that list but wouldnt mind us getting is Kebano from Fulham

He's supposedly available Antonio. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11431350/west-ham-willing-to-consider-michail-antonio-offers

I've not seen a lot of Kebano, didn't do a awful amount for Fulham but had limited game time.

Kalas

Besic

King

Snodgrass

Antonio

All good options from that list if they were available and willing. Snodgrass and Antonio in particular would be fantastic. I reckon Snodgrass could be heading back to Villa though. Antonio is a weird one too, barely an article on him in recent days. Think he's more than proved he's good enough for the top level and only really Palace got linked with him. Maybe Hugill can put in a good word with him. Would say the same for Snodgrass but they might barely know each other.

how is andy king still only 29 haha I thought he was a veteran when Leicester won the league

Id prefer us to try for Grujic if we did go for 2 CMs like

Grujic

BEsic

Martina

Antonio

Kalas

Besic

King

Snodgrass

Antonio

All good options from that list if they were available and willing. Snodgrass and Antonio in particular would be fantastic. I reckon Snodgrass could be heading back to Villa though. Antonio is a weird one too, barely an article on him in recent days. Think he's more than proved he's good enough for the top level and only really Palace got linked with him. Maybe Hugill can put in a good word with him. Would say the same for Snodgrass but they might barely know each other.

Yeah I'd like Besic, Kalas and Antonio. Would be a huge signing Antonio, don't see a big chance in it happening regardless. We were supposedly interested when we where in the Championship under Karanka and he was a Prem player albeit before his good run in the West Ham team but who knows.

Thought I'd add I'm not saying everyone on that list is obviously plausible for us but these are the majority of players that will be available.

how is andy king still only 29 haha I thought he was a veteran when Leicester won the league

Id prefer us to try for Grujic if we did go for 2 CMs like

Grujic

BEsic

Martina

Antonio

I like the look of those 4 as well.

Think Martina could be a shrewd signing if he can become a bit more defensively stable with him being able to cover RB,LB and CB.

Regards to how many loans we can have

I had a look online and it says

‘Championship and EFL clubs are allowed to have eight players on loan, but can only pick a maximum of five loanees in their match day squad.

They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, of which only two can be over the age of 23’

So after Hugil, I read it as we could take another 7 on loan as long as only 2 per club are over 23

It’s pointless getting all 8 and having to leave 3 out of a squad, at most we will get another 4.

I agree. Could understand having a loan keeper as a 3rd choice who doesn't make the squad but what's the point in loaning players for this team if they can't play? Arguably anyone we bring in in the next 3 weeks should be aiming for a first team spot and they might have to settle for a place in the stands if we bring in too many.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-45146552

Just on the work permit front with regards to Brexit, an interesting Reality Check article. Miles Jacobson of Football Manager fame was the one who made the claim but has since amended that claim and apologised for his choice of words:

So whilst a lot of teams in the top division paying over the odds or bringing in experienced old timers at the back end of their career might be given special treatment, the effect of Brexit could be felt much harder on teams lower down the league system, even as high as us. They say for example that Riyad Mahrez to Leicester was unlikely to get a work permit with the existing laws for non-EU players that are in place.

I'll clarify once again that I'm not opening the floor for a debate about Brexit. Simply discussing the potential impact on clubs and why clubs may be trying to shift their recruitment efforts to be more focused on players with UK nationalities. Seems pointless to have a scouting setup that sends scouts all around Europe for players we might not be able to register soon.

Pulis on Braithwaite:

He answered: “Again, Martin’s one of them, if he stays he’s very much part of it.

“As you’ve seen he’s got very good quality, he can do stuff, if he wants to leave and the deal’s right.... I think this is a fabulous football club, smashing people here and I want people who want to be at the football club and Martin’s... same as all of them, they are welcome to stay.”

The manager was then asked if Braithwaite has indicated if he wants to stay.

Pulis’s rather cryptic answer was: “I think everybody knows the way I feel.”