oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Pulis on Braithwaite:

He answered: “Again, Martin’s one of them, if he stays he’s very much part of it.

“As you’ve seen he’s got very good quality, he can do stuff, if he wants to leave and the deal’s right.... I think this is a fabulous football club, smashing people here and I want people who want to be at the football club and Martin’s... same as all of them, they are welcome to stay.”

The manager was then asked if Braithwaite has indicated if he wants to stay.

Pulis’s rather cryptic answer was: “I think everybody knows the way I feel.”

Before pretty abruptly ending the presser, too. Think he does right too.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like he’s saying if braithwaite is happy to commit to us he’s more than happy to have him.

I honestly don’t get braithwaites apparent desire to leave, he’s playing in a competitive league, playing regularly and playing well.

I wonder if our start to the season has altered Pulis plans.

Do we buy wide players and go back to 433 or look at wing backs and attacking mids instead? Annoying that we missed out on Douglas only to end up playing wing backs our selves!

There is of course the compromise option of going 343. I know some people were dismissive of the 3 at the back saying it was just to counter sheff Utd, but after another impressive performance using it I don’t think it should be dismissed.

Sounds like he’s saying if braithwaite is happy to commit to us he’s more than happy to have him.

I honestly don’t get braithwaites apparent desire to leave, he’s playing in a competitive league, playing regularly and playing well.

Well I think Monk and the rest of the club made him feel like he'd be playing in the Premier League this season. The year has gone and he's still in the Championship. He's 27 now and understandably feels he should be playing at a higher level than this.

The Championship might not be your average 2nd division but he probably feels from his experience that playing in the top flight of say the French, German, Portuguese, Turkish, etc. leagues could still give him better opportunities, i.e. potentially quite competitively playing in Europe.

I wonder if our start to the season has altered Pulis plans.

Do we buy wide players and go back to 433 or look at wing backs and attacking mids instead? Annoying that we missed out on Douglas only to end up playing wing backs our selves!

There is of course the compromise option of going 343. I know some people were dismissive of the 3 at the back saying it was just to counter sheff Utd, but after another impressive performance using it I don’t think it should be dismissed.

I was just thinking this. If we are going to play this system (which I think suits us-still decent defensively but allows us to get players forward) then I wouldn’t be looking at Bolasie anymore.

Wing backs and cover for Braithwaite or replacement plus cover.

Pulis keeps going on about the squad not being good enough and he’s right. There’s a few positions that we will struggle with if we get injuries. And whilst he looks like he’s giving the youngsters a chance I don’t think he has any option but to put them on the bench at the minute. I think Pulis wants to be in a position to promote them to the bench if we get injuries/knocks in training.

7 points from our first three games is a fantastic haul considering all that has gone before this season. I know the style isn't attractive on the eye but Pulis is currently squeezing everything out of his unbalanced and paper thin squad so he deserves huge credit for that. The promising start will also help us attract the higher calibre loans that are available so I hope we can get some good loans in to build on the momentum we've gained.

What is the limit of the number of loans that we can get?. I see our squad as needing a fullback/wingback, CM and winger so I hope we can get a good few in.

We desperately need some pace in the team, preferably in place of Shotton and Downing. They've had ok games so I'm not going to bash them but if we go throughout the season relying on Shotton and Downing as creative outlets we are gonna come a cropper.

We desperately need some pace in the team, preferably in place of Shotton and Downing. They've had ok games so I'm not going to bash them but if we go throughout the season relying on Shotton and Downing as creative outlets we are gonna come a cropper.

Shots and Stewy have been two of our best players in the opening games tbh! We do need to add more to the squad I do agree! Especially as covers ATLEAST in case something happens to them

Hoping Braithwaite will stay, but at the minute it still seems like either he or the club are on the lookout for another club for him.

Maybe playing in the role he is currently will help change his mind. He was obviously up for the championship challenge when he signed and hopefully he is again.

Where’s that Facepalm emoji!? ?‍♂️