oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

As much as I love Besic, it’s gonna be a little crowded in that area of the pitch now.. who’s your three out of Clayton, Besic, Howson, McNair, Wing and Leadbitter? Clayton, Besic and Howson for me, although I’m worried Clayton and Besic would be a little too defensive if played together.

Bolasie on the wing gives us options now, although it’ll be harsh to drop Downing or Braithwaite on current form!

Both be good signings mind. I’d love to see some cover at LB and RB.

Neither Bolasie nor Besic should start right now. They are good options from the bench though and need to show something first.

I think they'll start on the bench too if we get them over the line.

They'll both be starting.  It may take a game or two but they'll both be first choice.

Eventually they should have the quality to start but they will need to win their starting spot. Even McNair isn’t being started ahead of the relatively unproven Wing. Pulis isn’t just going to drop players if they continue to impress.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I love Besic, it’s gonna be a little crowded in that area of the pitch now.. who’s your three out of Clayton, Besic, Howson, McNair, Wing and Leadbitter? Clayton, Besic and Howson for me, although I’m worried Clayton and Besic would be a little too defensive if played together.

Bolasie on the wing gives us options now, although it’ll be harsh to drop Downing or Braithwaite on current form!

Both be good signings mind. I’d love to see some cover at LB and RB.

Neither Bolasie nor Besic should start right now. They are good options from the bench though and need to show something first.

I think they'll start on the bench too if we get them over the line.

They'll both be starting.  It may take a game or two but they'll both be first choice.

Eventually they should have the quality to start but they will need to win their starting spot. Even McNair isn’t being started ahead of the relatively unproven Wing. Pulis isn’t just going to drop players if they continue to impress.

Lets get them in before we start worrying whether they will play or not!

Was Sako at Palace when Pulis was there??

Hes got to be worth a look at, free transfer and a beast at this level, not sure what his fitness is like. Would compliment Bolasie great and provide good competition for Martin.

Claytons been one of best players so far and people want him dropped for someone who hasn’t even played that position for us, this place at times

Hear, Hear.

I wonder who Pulis is trying to get these players in to replace?  Randolph perhaps? :upside_down:

Claytons been one of best players so far and people want him dropped for someone who hasn’t even played that position for us, this place at times

Completely agree. People want signings for the sake of it, irrespective if it benefits the team

It's pretty much just Lino but he has been saying all summer that he wanted Besic to come in and replace Clayton, as well as playing any pure attacking midfielder we're linked with in a 3 in central midfield. I don't remotely agree with him on either selections but at least he's consistent... :cheese:

Completely agree. People want signings for the sake of it, irrespective if it benefits the team.

Like our manager you mean?  Those sorts of people  :upside_down:

Completely agree. People want signings for the sake of it, irrespective if it benefits the team.

Like our manager you mean?  Those sorts of people  :upside_down:

Think Besic will come in for Wing

Pulis goes off it at Clayton a lot during games for not turning with the ball and playing out.

Just don’t be surprised at all if he replaces Clayton, not sure why besic would replace wing, different types of players and we would lose something from the team if that happened.

Besic can do the running around getting stuck in thing just as well as Clayton can but he can also do a lot more with the ball.

I always try to justify my opinions rather than just ‘haha no claytons mint man’. Look beyond the ‘putting himself about’.

I think Clayton would be the one to drop out for Besic personally just because Pulis has played Howson every game since he took over pretty much and seems to really rate him couple that with Howson's form so far even though Clayton's been working hard he still probably doesn't play the ball as direct or forward as quick as Pulis wants don't think it's a great controversy or mystery myself we've probably played through a period of games there with Friend at CB and Downing LM/WB that whilst we got results that's just not going to cut it for Pulis he wants more quality to make sure we get promoted since there's one thing he has on the line big time this season his reputation whether he's still cut out for the PL or not I think that's why he wants all these players in he wants the strongest squad so he can achieve what he wants I don't think he's wrong in the positions he's identified need strengthening to be honest.

Except I'm sure when he came in last season Pulis said he considered him a box 2 box midfielder, and not a DM. Besic then said himself that the Gaffer wanted him to play as a number 8 type midfielder.

If that holds true, it would be Howson/Wing that he comes in for.

If he's changed his mind and thinks he can be a better DM than Clayton, then sure, it'll be Clayton.

For my money Clayts is still the best DM in the league though.

For the job he does, there aren't many other better defensive minded players at this level than him.

Jedinak is the only one off the top of my head which comes close.

I do agree however that at times he is maybe too defensively minded, but under Karanka that was the exact role he was conditioned to play. Maybe the lingering effects of that?