oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Does anybody think that Everton might want to delay the Bolasie deal until they see what ends up happening with Lookman to Leipzig?

If they were to lose both Bolasie and Lookman, they would be looking very bare in the wide areas if they were to suffer an injury or 2 to the likes of Walcott, Richarlison or Bernard.

Could it be that all terms have been agreed and medical done but Everton are holding off on confirming it?

No. I think they really want to get rid of Bolasie and they will just reject the bids for Lookman.

There is bound to be a price for Lookman which is too good to turn down. Probably unlikely that Leipzig will go to that however. Or Lookman could start kicking up a fuss the closer it gets to deadline day to force through a move. Either way Everton could hold off finalising Bolasie until they are sure Lookman is staying so that they aren’t left with the scenario where they lose both.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if Bolasie & Besic might have done preemptive medicals yesterday when they were at Rockliffe? That way once all the contractual details are ironed out, the announcements can be made pretty much immediately.

Does anybody think that Everton might want to delay the Bolasie deal until they see what ends up happening with Lookman to Leipzig?

If they were to lose both Bolasie and Lookman, they would be looking very bare in the wide areas if they were to suffer an injury or 2 to the likes of Walcott, Richarlison or Bernard.

Could it be that all terms have been agreed and medical done but Everton are holding off on confirming it?

No. I think they really want to get rid of Bolasie and they will just reject the bids for Lookman.

There is bound to be a price for Lookman which is too good to turn down. Probably unlikely that Leipzig will go to that however. Or Lookman could start kicking up a fuss the closer it gets to deadline day to force through a move. Either way Everton could hold off finalising Bolasie until they are sure Lookman is staying so that they aren’t left with the scenario where they lose both.

Also, sky sports are reporting that Leipzig have offered £22m but Everton want £28m. With 10 days of their window left, there is every chance that they will come to an agreement.

I wonder if Bolasie & Besic might have done preemptive medicals yesterday when they were at Rockliffe? That way once all the contractual details are ironed out, the announcements can be made pretty much immediately.

the guardian did say bolasie had done a medical yesterday iirc so maybe.

Birmingham Mail seems to think Bolasie is at Villa in talks with Bruce:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-live-15053408

Bolasie is at Villa

Yannick Bolasie is in the Midlands discussing a possible season-long loan move to Aston Villa.

The 29-year-old was at Middlesbrough yesterday and held discussions with boss Tony Pulis.

But he’s now at Villa Park ahead of talks with Steve Bruce.

Earlier this morning we reported how Villa were trying to hijack the Boro deal.

At this stage the winger still has a decision to make as both clubs track his services.

EDIT: For some reason, when I refresh, that quote isn't there. It was put up at 13:46 though.

Villa plan to hijack Bolasie deal

Aston Villa haven’t given up on signing Yannick Bolasie, despite the winger holding talks with Middlesbrough yesterday.

It’s still very much a two-horse race, although Tony Pulis has the advantage of knowing the Everton winger from their Crystal Palace days.

Bolasie was at Boro’s Rockcliffe training ground yesterday for talks but Villa will now put their case to the attacker.

this is what it says now

Villa plan to hijack Bolasie deal

Aston Villa haven’t given up on signing Yannick Bolasie, despite the winger holding talks with Middlesbrough yesterday.

It’s still very much a two-horse race, although Tony Pulis has the advantage of knowing the Everton winger from their Crystal Palace days.

Bolasie was at Boro’s Rockcliffe training ground yesterday for talks but Villa will now put their case to the attacker.

this is what it says now

Maybe they'd got their wires crossed?

If this season is all about regaining his form levels surely we have an edge because of Pulis and the fact we're willing to say to Everton we will put in a permanent clause on promotion which you assume they want in any deal so they can cut loose on him completely they've moved on. Not sure what Villa have besides his old friend Adomah and Bruce sweet talking him that he can trust Villa, I just think this is different to a Waghorn/Bryan situation Bolasie doesn't want to be in the league to begin with I'm guessing the only reason he's considering it is it's a season in the stands and U23s or a season with his old manager for whatever reason I'm not too worried these talks at Villa scheduled yesterday will turn his head I guess we'll know later tonight which way the wind starts blowing.

he seems to think visiting villa second gives them the advantage as well, but I don't really know why that would be.

I think there's some logic to that. What you see last often sticks in your mind unless what you saw first was outrageously better. And let's be fair, Villa are a bigger club than us, they get 10,000+ more fans in their stadium than we do. If he sees the scale of one club to the other and has to decide between them, do we really expect him to pick us?