Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly what the feck are we doing?

And how the feck are Villa allowed to do this after being in the absolute sh#T a month ago? They got bought out but we also got parachute payments and 40 odd million from player sales! And we can't compete???

It depends how we value Bolasie and how they do. We could probably match what they're offering, but choose not to. He's a pretty big risk, with his injury history and fitness levels, and we presumably are factoring that in to what we consider a reasonable offer.

I think EFL has told Villa they will get a little extra leeway because they have changed owners. Regarding Bolasie I can only assume that they have offered him a huge bonus or signing on fee. Wages wise he will be paid the same here or at Villa I guess.

We get Freeman and they loan AA?

pretty sure northern echo ran a story after he'd been at rockcliffe saying he preferred a move to us over villa. is not just their reporters doing the same? should find out tomorrow either way.

Alan Nixon:

Boro have made a very good case. Villa have one main advantage. Geography. But 10p is still live as I hear it in last ten minutes but.

Replying to:

@reluctantnicko yesterday u said you would put your 10p on Bolasie joining #boro is this still the case or have villa jumped ahead?

So... regardless of what some might think of him, Nixon has a lot of contacts, he is connected and I honestly rarely see BS from him. He gets things ‘wrong’ in that transfers don’t always pan out as they seem to BUT he is more right than wrong for sure. RAF said that we have been outbid buthasn’t said/been told that it’s dead?

I think EFL has told Villa they will get a little extra leeway because they have changed owners. Regarding Bolasie I can only assume that they have offered him a huge bonus or signing on fee. Wages wise he will be paid the same here or at Villa I guess.

Yeah, but it might be a loan to buy, and the wage packages on offer might be after we/they sign him on a permanent.

If he chooses us, good but if he chooses Villa I’m not too bothered other than the fact we keep missing out on players we obviously want.

Personally I think we’re missing out on them because we’re being stricter financially and/or our location. Our facilities are top class and our ambition is to get to the premier league - and prospective players can see how well placed we are in this league to do that. That’s not to say we will but we are set up to give it as good a shot as any in this league.

There’s only a handful of clubs in that position and these are the ones you would expect to be up there at the end of the season. Unfortunately we’re all after the same players and have a similar financial pull. So something has to give...

Yeah, but it might be a loan to buy, and the wage packages on offer might be after we/they sign him on a permanent.

And it might have nothing to do with money at all.

A further reply, Nixon was asked:

But What?

"I’m not sure a decision HAS been taken yet. Think this may come down to his family."

As always (as many have mentioned) we will be screwed time and time again by geography... I work in London and have worked all over the country. I Love Teesside but I love it because it’s home and my family and friends are there plus access to the moors and coast on our doorsteps other than that it’s got little to nothing available to offer for ‘city folk’. I do believe we must be a hard sell unless you are either from a similar place or have plans to settle into a quieter life.

Yeah, this is assuming that the info that RAF got was accurate.

Id like to think Boro have a ceiling with what we value a player at rather than the funds not being there. In theory selling your big earners opens the gaps for higher paid players to come in on the wage bill.

But just like City did with Sanchez, they claimed that the deal financially didn't suite them so pulled out (according to that Amazon documentary anyway).

I'm in two minds about this. On one hand, maybe we should pay a bit more for a player of his quality.

Then again, do we pay more for a player with limited sell on value, hasn't played much and had a major injury?

I think that it's worth it personally, but if not, we go again!

So we're still in the game and Villa might be overconfident not based on follow up from Yannick necessarily but from the vibes from him while he was meeting Bruce/staff?

It's positive to me that we're still apparently in the game I assumed that the Mail guy was basing it on some sort of follow up/phone call to Villa after he left but reading Nixon I'd guess not. I'm still certain of one thing and I think that's why I believe Nixon who we all know probably has a line to Pulis on all this given Bolasie's relationship/history with him I still expect Pulis to be the 1st call he makes when he makes his decision if Nixon's basically being told Pulis still likes our chances then it might still be up in the air.

Yeah, this is assuming that the info that RAF got was accurate.

It depends on how you interpret it.  The quote was we can't compete with what is offered from Villa.  If that's the exact quote then it doesn't necessarily mean money.