oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

When it comes to finances, it’s not just Bolasie we need to appease. He very well be getting the exact same amount in wages at both clubs but if we offered to pay (for example) 25% and Villa offer 50% then Everton will push that deal through.

Club size is not that important IMO (yes Villa is a bigger club) We are both championship clubs and he has no ties to either of us club size only comes into play when you are operating in the top leagues of respective countries.

For me this is all about geography. Wasn’t it Rob Lee that chose Newcastle over us years ago because he could fly back to London in about an hour rather than drive back from Boro in 4? Also people said his family were there. So his Mrs would’ve had a huge say in where he went. Shopping in Birmingham is much better than Boro but also do not discount the lure of London and for that reason I believe he chose to be 2ish hours away not stuck up here and as Roy Keane said years ago. All wives and girlfriends want to be in or around London so their partners are more like choose a club down south rather than come to the North East

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When it comes to finances, it’s not just Bolasie we need to appease. He very well be getting the exact same amount in wages at both clubs but if we offered to pay (for example) 25% and Villa offer 50% then Everton will push that deal through.

Club size is not that important IMO (yes Villa is a bigger club) We are both championship clubs and he has no ties to either of us club size only comes into play when you are operating in the top leagues of respective countries.

For me this is all about geography. Wasn’t it Rob Lee that chose Newcastle over us years ago because he could fly back to London in about an hour rather than drive back from Boro in 4? Also people said his family were there. So his Mrs would’ve had a huge say in where he went. Shopping in Birmingham is much better than Boro but also do not discount the lure of London and for that reason I believe he chose to be 2ish hours away not stuck up here and as Roy Keane said years ago. All wives and girlfriends want to be in or around London so their partners are more like choose a club down south rather than come to the North East

I was told last night that his partner wanted him to sign for Villa because she could just jump on the M40 to London. In terms of contract a loan deal doesn’t overwrite a current contract we just have to determine how much of that contract we are paying. If Villa were giving Bolasie bonus money then surely this would be tax evasion if the bonus was not declared? Anyways either way we just have to keep searching.. don’t know about anyone else but I will be glad when this window is closed. It’s the only thing letting us down on our brilliant start to the season.

It could be as simple as Villa offering him a big promotion bonus. If they offer him 2 million and we offer him 500k then he will probably choose Villa. That's just a guess on my part, and as others have alluded to geography will probably be the main factor. He is not going to move his kids out of school/kindergarten for a temporary loan move so like any normal person he probably values being close to his family over working under his old manager at a club he probably knows nothing about.

That's the thing, I don't know why his wife and kid would really have any input because I assume they're staying where they are. Distance from them could factor into it but its not like Liverpool is down the road from Birmingham either way...

That's the thing, I don't know why his wife and kid would really have any input because I assume they're staying where they are. Distance from them could factor into it but its not like Liverpool is down the road from Birmingham either way...

Pretty easy to get from Birmingham to Liverpool to be fair. Easier than crossing the Penines. Trains are cheap and the roads are easy.

Villa fans forum are saying he prefers boro. In fairness they are in the same situation as us. Just wanting to know and hearing rumours. Some say hes not as good as once was with since his injury and think its a gamble. Some saying he'll stay at everton as he says he is too good for the championship. Its a waiting game for us all

Jason Puncheon anyone, can play wide of through the middle, is supposed to be available and we've been linked?

I would take Puncheon happily. Though he didn’t want a perm move as he rejected the move according to press reports. Let’s see what today and tomorrow brings... at least hoping Besic is sorted

skysports saying villa are strong favourites to sign Bolasie. but still remember when they had karanka going to palace until about 10mins before we unveiled him. not over til it's over.

Scott Wilson of Northern Echo saying his info is even Bolasie hasn't chosen yet.

I suspect that's true. But it's a 50/50 shot so some people will claim one way is certain just so they can look itk if it lands that way

Scott Wilson of Northern Echo saying his info is even Bolasie hasn't chosen yet.

I’m not surprised. Villa fans seem to instantly assume a player will choose them, Joe Bryan had chosen them before even talking to both teams according to their fans