oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

it might be that his wife/girlfriend would prefer Birmingham, but Bolasie knows & trusts Pulis, so it's making the decision a tough one. at the end of the day, he needs to make the decision that is going to be best for his career, as he ain't got long left now.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When it comes to finances, it’s not just Bolasie we need to appease. He very well be getting the exact same amount in wages at both clubs but if we offered to pay (for example) 25% and Villa offer 50% then Everton will push that deal through.

Club size is not that important IMO (yes Villa is a bigger club) We are both championship clubs and he has no ties to either of us club size only comes into play when you are operating in the top leagues of respective countries.

For me this is all about geography. Wasn’t it Rob Lee that chose Newcastle over us years ago because he could fly back to London in about an hour rather than drive back from Boro in 4? Also people said his family were there. So his Mrs would’ve had a huge say in where he went. Shopping in Birmingham is much better than Boro but also do not discount the lure of London and for that reason I believe he chose to be 2ish hours away not stuck up here and as Roy Keane said years ago. All wives and girlfriends want to be in or around London so their partners are more like choose a club down south rather than come to the North East

I was told last night that his partner wanted him to sign for Villa because she could just jump on the M40 to London. In terms of contract a loan deal doesn’t overwrite a current contract we just have to determine how much of that contract we are paying. If Villa were giving Bolasie bonus money then surely this would be tax evasion if the bonus was not declared? Anyways either way we just have to keep searching.. don’t know about anyone else but I will be glad when this window is closed. It’s the only thing letting us down on our brilliant start to the season.

Maybe I didn’t explain well. I meant if Boro were to cover 25% of his wages but Villa were prepared to cover 50% of his wages. Everton would push the villa deal through as that saves them X out £1million in wages.

it might be that his wife/girlfriend would prefer Birmingham, but Bolasie knows & trusts Pulis, so it's making the decision a tough one. at the end of the day, he needs to make the decision that is going to be best for his career, as he ain't got long left now.

I don’t think you understand the decision making cycle of a professional footballer. It’s something like this

1) Do what your agent says

2) Go where your missus says

3) Ask instagrams opinion

4) Ask your personal Barber

If all that fails

5) Twitter poll

Just seen this from BBC Tees on twitter:

Boro are still hopeful of signing Yannick Bolasie on-loan from Everton despite interest from other clubs.

May be nothing but they clearly think he’s still not decided yet

Boro are still hopeful of signing Yannick Bolasie on-loan from Everton despite interest from other clubs.

Bolaise could be seeing it as:

"suck it up for a year at Boro, have a manager who can get me playing back to my best and then i'm in a better place in a year's time to get a PL move back to London."

I guess we don't know, but all the noises right now are being driven by his agent.

Bolaise could be seeing it as:

"suck it up for a year at Boro, have a manager who can get me playing back to my best and then i'm in a better place in a year's time to get a PL move back to London."

I guess we don't know, but all the noises right now are being driven by his agent.

And that's the way I hope he is seeing it, because I'm not entirely comfortable in making it a permanent 15 million transfer as he will be 30 by next season.

I just think the info coming out of our end and even Nixon's end is delayed and probably isn't as close to the player as Villa's journo will have been yesterday. We seem to be clutching at straws a bit up here. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way I see it right now.

I don't get why the location of us and Birmingham would be that big of an issue. If we were competing with a London club or Watford then fair enough but Birmingham is still a few hours drive away and we have an airport 10 mins away and another 2 major airports about an hour or so away. It's not like we're in Siberia.

I don't get why the location of us and Birmingham would be that big of an issue.  If we were competing with a London club or Watford then fair enough but Birmingham is still a few hours drive away and we have an airport 10 mins away and another 2 major airports about an hour or so away.  It's not like we're in Siberia.

I live in London, this is definitely how some Southerners see it.

- Siberia

- The 70s

- Beyond the wall

Take your pick

I just think the info coming out of our end and even Nixon's end is delayed and probably isn't as close to the player as Villa's journo will have been yesterday. We seem to be clutching at straws a bit up here. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way I see it right now.

I just don’t see why that lone Birmingham journo would get information that nobody else has.