oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I don't get why the location of us and Birmingham would be that big of an issue. If we were competing with a London club or Watford then fair enough but Birmingham is still a few hours drive away and we have an airport 10 mins away and another 2 major airports about an hour or so away. It's not like we're in Siberia.

Totally different. If you get a phone call say “Cocktails with the girls” in London his missus can be down the M40 in 2hrs. Believe me this holds a lot of sway in where a lot of footballers end up

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why the location of us and Birmingham would be that big of an issue.  If we were competing with a London club or Watford then fair enough but Birmingham is still a few hours drive away and we have an airport 10 mins away and another 2 major airports about an hour or so away.  It's not like we're in Siberia.

Totally different. If you get a phone call say “Cocktails with the girls” in London his missus can be down the M40 in 2hrs. Believe me this holds a lot of sway in where a lot of footballers end up

Ah but if she's driving she'd have the stress of the road and dealing with the morons driving alongside her.  If she flies she gets to sit back while somebody else does all the work, get ready in the toilets and leave the plane looking like a diva and ready to go  :D

I don't get why the location of us and Birmingham would be that big of an issue.  If we were competing with a London club or Watford then fair enough but Birmingham is still a few hours drive away and we have an airport 10 mins away and another 2 major airports about an hour or so away.  It's not like we're in Siberia.

Ah but if she's driving she'd have the stress of the road and dealing with the morons driving alongside her.  If she flies she gets to sit back while somebody else does all the work, get ready in the toilets and leave the plane looking like a diva and ready to go  :D

not to mention the horrendous traffic jams & delays!!

There's a Villa transfer account on twitter apparently saying there' s a knee scan needed on a potential signing and it's very close.

It's a protected account so can't see the tweet. No idea on their legitimacy

I just think the info coming out of our end and even Nixon's end is delayed and probably isn't as close to the player as Villa's journo will have been yesterday. We seem to be clutching at straws a bit up here. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way I see it right now.

I just don’t see why that lone Birmingham journo would get information that nobody else has.

Because they have ties to Villa and maybe he didn't actually wait until today to inform them of his intent? Then that info is leaked out to that journo? Our journos and national ones probably won't have the same sources inside Villa as they do so it would make sense as to why only he picked it up.

A relationship is where one person always is right and get their will and the other is the husband ...

We can just hope that the young woman likes peace and quiet and parmos

Seems a right kafuffle at the moment and interestingly we seem to be forgetting the Mo Besic situation.

There seems to be a smokescreen surrounding Everton players and it would not surprise me in the least that negative news on Besic starts leaking out.

You would think that it would be easier for Bolasie to say yes to Boro due to Besic coming here well perhaps Besic is not

Seems a right kafuffle at the moment and interestingly we seem to be forgetting the Mo Besic situation.

This all seems to be a smokescreen surrounding Everton players and it would not surprise me in the least that negative news on Besic starts leaking out.

You would think that it would be easier for Bolasie to say yes to Boro due to Besic coming here well perhaps Besic is not

Think you're reaching a bit there mate.

Besic is probably done, the club wanting to announce it along with Bolasie most likely.

I don't really see Besic and Bolasie as being best mates or anything. And besides, that kind of thing rarely makes a difference in football. People mention that Britt is his international team mate or that he's friends with Adomah and Grealish. They're bonuses to have someone you know in the dressing room but by no means a way of deciding where players go. I think most players (at least publicly) are absolutely fine moving into a new dressing room and meeting new people.

Here what you say guys but would it not be better for Besic to be seen publicly as a Boro player by now?

He really could make a difference to Bolasie's preferred choice.

Besic being tied up would i think make a difference to all our proposed signings. I am however starting to feel that Bolasie wouldn't be a loss if he ends up at Villa.

Out of the two, Besic is by far the safer option.

We are hoping to sign and get the £25m Bolasie that Everton signed from Palace, in reality would we get that?

With the wages being thrown out Bolasie is a gamble. He could be fantastic, but he could also be a shadow of his former self. It takes a long time to get over an injury like that.

I just think the info coming out of our end and even Nixon's end is delayed and probably isn't as close to the player as Villa's journo will have been yesterday. We seem to be clutching at straws a bit up here. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way I see it right now.

Last time Nixon spoke on it he started with “as of 10 minutes ago..”