oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I wasn't even that fussed about Bolasie, as soon as it looked like we'd got I convinced myself it seemed like a massive coup, then when I'm starting to get excited about a deal it gets ripped away. It's the hope that kills you :(

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally think we are dodging a bullet ..

And we will go up no matter what. You heard it here first.

With regards to Bolasie, it's a risk that no doubt will come off for Villa but wouldn't for us.

We won't be promoted if we fail to strengthen, I echo Pulis's words that our current squad lacks depth and quality in certain areas.

Pulis is just pillowtalking ... he loves this squad and wants to motivate them to keep their spots in the starting 11... We will sign Guediora on the 31st and that's it :D

I wasn't even that fussed about Bolasie, as soon as it looked like we'd got I convinced myself it seemed like a massive coup,  then when I'm starting to get excited about a deal it gets ripped away. It's the hope that kills you :(

Could you please stop being excited before they have the red Hummel  jersey on then.. you!

Gregg Evans

@greggevans40

#avfc waiting to announce Bolasie and El-Ghazi. Both have agreed to sign. Two new wingers coming in, big boost for Villa. Now for a striker.

Think I will go back to my earlier stance, as with NB4, that what we have is what we will have to rely on until at least January.

The way things are panning out you just know that there will be an announcement that Braithwaite will be leaving.

Quite simply I believe that by now we would have had certain "targets" in by now.

Only crumb of comfort is that with the IB we have a couple of weeks to get organised if anyone does arrive

So we have missed out on what must be nearly 8-10 players if all speculation is to be true... so I would love someone to come out and say why it’s not happening...im no longer buying the theory it’s to do with the area... yes I maybe barking up the wrong tree but something doesn’t feel right.

If anyone feels gutted about Bolasie, maybe check out Everton's forum.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/yannick-bolasie.104334/page-52

Yeah it certainly doesnt paint a pretty picture of him. However they probably had higher hopes for him and being injured for a year won't have helped. Besides he is now going to play in the Championship and not the prem.

Gregg Evans: Set to be announced with El Ghazi at some point today.

Positives are they're out of Ojo running now and we could use another Everton loan spot on someone like Galloway if we have to I guess...

Everton have got that Croatian (?) winger, Vlasic or something. He looked a decent prospect from the bits I saw of him last year

Joined CSKA Moscow on loan a while back.

Bolasie's decision may well have come down to the area, but I think in general we have simply reigned ourselves in and become a lot more cautious after what was an expensive and disastrous transfer window with Monk.

No more 'f*** it, go on then - only a few mil than we wanted to pay' style transfers like Fletcher. Besic's agent would have got that extra mil he asked for if this was last Summer, I have no doubt about that.